Supercharging My Cobra

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:
ANY car will start breaking down if you don’t add supporting mods (exhaust/tranny/ect) before you start adding hp.[/quote]

In any event, that right there was exactly the point. Somebody said they wouldn’t supercharge their daily driver you asked why not. It seems you knew the answer.[/quote]

Yea I’m not stock and like I said my GP is still my dd. My point is adding supercharger or turbo doesn’t mean that you can’t realistically drive your car everyday.

OP what are your plans for your cobra and what mods do you currently have?

There’s a term used for sinking more money into a Mustang/Cobra… Turd Polishing. Don’t get me wrong as I think it’s a worth while thing to do if you have the money. I’ve owned four Mustangs myself so I’ve been there, done that. As others have pointed out, this site is a strange place to ask advice though. corner-carvers.com is a really good site that is not dedicated to Mustangs, but there are a lot of Mustang owners on it. My advice would be to upgrade the handling and brakes before you start on the engine.

I personally would not spend 4 grand on that car… I wouldn’t even spend 2 grand on it. Sell the car… buy something else that you can get more out of unless you have some sort of attachment to this car… its shit. Of course thats just my opinion… educated opinion…

edit: Also if you’re just looking for a 100hp you can do some machine work etc… for much less. Work your engine before you go adding things it doesn’t need yet. Of course I didn’t read any of the posts etc… so maybe you have done some work but based on the post I doubt it.

WWACD

What would Adam Carolla Do

He’d sell it and buy a shitty Datsun from the 70’s. So don’t listen to him.

Did anyone else think this was some sort of thread about male enhancement?

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:

[quote]Broncoandy wrote:

[quote]Soulja874 wrote:
ANY car will start breaking down if you don’t add supporting mods (exhaust/tranny/ect) before you start adding hp.[/quote]

In any event, that right there was exactly the point. Somebody said they wouldn’t supercharge their daily driver you asked why not. It seems you knew the answer.[/quote]

Yea I’m not stock and like I said my GP is still my dd. My point is adding supercharger or turbo doesn’t mean that you can’t realistically drive your car everyday.

OP what are your plans for your cobra and what mods do you currently have?[/quote]

Right now there is only an upgraded suspension and exhaust. As far as I know, since we bought this used, is that there are no more upgrades on it.