Supercardrives - One More Attempt

So you question why I tagged you and then posted 2.5 paragraphs worth of sage-ass advice in here…I see how it is :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah I guess this has to be the way for me, really does hurt the soul having to drop the weight back down again but I guess that is how it is. Have to knock off that itch that keep saying "just do 155 again, this time you will for sure get 155 3x5. I can get 2x5 (RPE 9/10), but in the last set maximum 4 (RPE 10).

5 lb per month seems slow considering LP is supposed to be 5 lb per week, but I’ll take what I can get I guess

Progress at your own pace. If you are clearly ready and capable of more weight, then do it. If you aren’t, then you aren’t. This stuff requires patience, as nearly this entire forum has told you now lol. As long as you are progressing, you are doing fine. When progress stalls for a couple months, then it is time to change up training tactics. If you don’t have the patience to deal with this, then you should find different goals or a new hobby.

You’ve been provided all the tools to succeed, now all you have to do is use them.

Yeah I know, I guess I kind of ruined my own perception seeing all the dudes bench 225 so easily (which in turn made me feel bad)

2 Likes

I don’t know which LP program you are following but I’ve never come across one that suggests that you keep smashing your head into the wall once you stall. You jump back. I’ve even seen one which was, you start at weight x and then add weight every session until you stall. Then start over at x + 5

2 Likes

I think the suggestion is to try it 2-3 times and if you still fail, deload.

By how much?

The suggestion is take 10% off the failing weight.
So 0.9x155 = 140.

The thing is though, this is the same weight (140) I started with in this cycle :rofl:

How many times do you usually bang your head against a wall until you look for a door?

If LP isn’t cutting it for you, try a different method.

1 Like

here we go

popcorn-watching-tv

15 Likes

@supercardrives - Don’t be a clown dick. It’s so beta.

1 Like

Too bad they fell on deaf ears lol

1 Like

Dude this is the EXACT mentality we’ve been telling you to let go of for hundreds of posts. You will not do anything meaningful in the gym until you fix this. Whether you admit it or not you are making yourself a victim with this attitude, as if you deserve to make progress but are being hampered by some imaginary gain-preventing demon that only affects you. There’s nothing in the way of your progress other than your attitude and unwillingness to think with your head instead of your balls (read: ego). You need to suck it up, drop your working weights significantly, and stop trying to placate your ego by grinding yourself into the ground.

Also, this means that your current methodology has produced exactly ZERO results for you. Proof that beating yourself to death trying to hit a weight your ego says you can but your body says you can’t is the wrong way to go about it. Go back further, like 115-125 and don’t go beyond RPE 8.

1 Like

This is good advice that I hope he follows.

I have no choice but to drop the weight, already failed 2x and even if I did get it the third time it will be RPE 10 100%.

I think I still had some improvement, I guess my ego got in front of me, I can at the very least get 155x6 RPE 10, compared to 155x1 RPE 10 before so theres that, but yeah I need to restart the progression and drop the intensity.

FWIW,
When I started lifting it took me 1.5 years to go from 135 max bench to 225. It took another 2.5 to get to 315.

1 Like

Yes, you had improvement because you did this while dropping bodyweight.

1 Like

Nice, I’m assuming thats 135x1 → 225x1?
Seems like if you can bench 185x6, that is roughly a 1RM of 225, wild, lower than I thought.

Lol I’m still trying to get a 315 bench. I’m not actually trying to hit it but just reach a point that I’ll be able to know I can hit it just by looking at my working sets.