Superbowl HELP!

I need some help. I’m from the UK and am not too familiar with american football.

But tomorrow night, I’m watching the superbowl game …

I’ve had a quick look through the rules etc. but if ANYONE could give me ANY info/background on what to look for in the game, I’d much appreciate it.

i.e. What is considered a feat? What are the general tactics/strategies? Who does what?

I know a little bit, from watching highlights etc. (and what little knowledge I gleaned from Rudy and Remember the Titans hehe).

HELP. The hype, over a sport I’ve never really watched, is giving me butterflies and I know not why.

HELP!

In the america, to watch the footballs is to be the most excitng. The mans, who are to be big, are moving violently with the movement run. That thing, which is the ball, is to be made of the most important. The mans after bumping and the important ball which is to be moved to place known as touchdown zone are celebrating with hands on backs of lower private areas!

This thing is to be exciting!

Basically, the Referees are gonna protect the Offensive players, particularly the QB, and will screw over the Defensive players every time.

The Offensive line will get no credit. That’s all i got for now.

Nice quadruple post, idiot.

Watch the commercials

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Nice quadruple post, idiot. [/quote]

Lol…

Traditionally, if you are watching with a large group, whenever a touchdown is scored everyone jumps up and screams “GOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLL!!!”

theres only one thing you need to know, the kicker is the most important person on the field…

"The honor of my race, family and self is at stake. Everyone is expecting me to do big things. I will. My whole body and soul are to be thrown recklessly about the field.

Every time the ball is snapped, I will be trying to do more than my part…Fight low, with your eyes open and toward the play. Watch out for crossbucks and reverse end runs. Be on your toes every minute if you expect to make good. Jack."

Jack Trice, Iowa State football player who died from injuries received on the football field in October 1923, from a note written to himself and found in his coat pocket following his death

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
In the america, to watch the footballs is to be the most excitng. The mans, who are to be big, are moving violently with the movement run. That thing, which is the ball, is to be made of the most important. The mans after bumping and the important ball which is to be moved to place known as touchdown zone are celebrating with hands on backs of lower private areas!

This thing is to be exciting![/quote]

LMFO… It’s sounds Polish when I read it. I am going to steal that and make it my own. You will get no credit whatsoever.

OP…TIP…The Saints are the underdog darlings so most of the calls will go their way.

#18, Colts, Peyton Manning is a robot.

Here is a good summary of the rules:

Watch the offensive/defensive lines, that is where the game is won.

OP are you trying to impress a girl with your vast knowledge of football or something? I don’t understand why it’s so urgent that you get up to speed on when you should or shouldn’t be excited during the course of a football game.

Just drink lots of beer, screw any diet you may be following, and take it all in. Drink more beer.

If you see someone running 100yds being chased by 3 guys you’ll immediately realize thats when to get excited. I think you’re thinking this way too much. Its not like rugby, because of football stop and go format you can follow the strategy and immediately will recognize when a brilliant pass was made or a run.