Super Soldier Protocol

Thibs likes it. I don’t. And that’s ok. One thing people need to grasp is that there’s more than one way to skin a cat. I don’t like the high pull because the ROM is sort of arbitrary. I also think you can build the delts and traps without using such a ballistic movement that offers up a greater degree for injury. That’s just my take. Thibs is a super smart guy and has used it with great success with people. Everyone has to find what works for them, that they enjoy doing.

4 Likes

Thanks Paul !

For the Stars and Stripes Template :
on lower day 1, you say Leg Press - AVT 1.
Should we choose a machine-assisted movement for legs with AVT 1 method ? I guess free weights like squat or DL isn’t a good idea. Or am I wrong ?

Thanks again,
Mat’

I would not use deadlifts or squats for the AVT1 method AT ALL. That’s why on the quad based day I have a set of squats listed for after the leg press. And deadlifts…just no.

Thanks a lot !
Makes sense

I don’t have access to a leg press or really any machines in general. Do you have any suggestions for an alternative? I was going to squat…

Thanks!

*On Lower Body 1

Quick question, would I be right to assume that rest periods for arms are short and sweet, 60 seconds?
If you already answered, I apologize.

Yes, “chase a hard pump” for the arm work for sure.

1 Like

can i use close hands pushup, dips, close grip bench for tricpes in phase2 or only single-joint movements ? i can do more than 15 reps in these movements.

Totally man. I like the idea of close grip push ups here and banging out a set number of reps total.

Like 100 total in however many sets it takes.

2 Likes

amazing ! so in star and stripes, for triceps pushup/dip, can I do something similar to your 3-50 method?

Totally. Have at it.

Question?
My question is in reference to the stars and strip template for the upperbody shoulder centric workout. Is the dumbbell fly AVT2 supposed to be a chest isolation exercise or a rear delt exercise? Thank you really enjoyed the book.

Chest. And thank you!

First off good afternoon I hope you are doing well. Secondly I just had a quick question on your new program if you don’t mind. I’ve been doing more maximal strength work with some higher rep accessory work (5/3/1 style) for a bit now and I’m looking to transfer into something new as I feel my development has stalled a bit. I still like mixing in some of the big four (presses, squats, dead’s etc) and I wanted to know if the strength part of your program still had those in there kind of similar to your base building program

The Shield phase of the Super Soldier is based around you choosing your main movements and then focusing on volume and progressive overload with them and then the support movements.

I’m currently working with a HIT version of it, so it’s quite flexible.

That’s great to know. I plan to pick up your new program today then. Thank you for such a quick reply.

1 Like

Hi, I’m very interested in getting the super soldier protocol. Because of work and family commitments I can only train 2 times a week.
Would that be a modification that can be done?

Definitely. Especially with the stars and stripes phase.

Brilliant! Thanks for the quick reply!

Hi, great book! I’m really looking forward to getting stuck into the program! Just a quick question. I can see on the stars and stripes how to work it in to a 2 day week but how would I go about running the shield?