Super Meals On The Go

I have had a hard time getting in all my food recently due to work schedules, etc. While not a valid excuse, as I set what is my priority, I am looking for interesting recipies/ideas for power snacks/meals based on whole foods and/or whole foods with additional protein powder. Any suggestions?

Sandwiches

Oatmeal/protein/water/olive oil (my usual breakfast)

Chipotle breakfast burrito- 4 eggs/potatoes/mushrooms/a little cheese/LOTS of chipotle tabasco/whole wheat tortilla

John Berardi has written articles about this on his website www.johnberardi.com

Go there, and read some of his articles. I forget which one its under, but you should find what you’re looking for.

I like almonds.

Any home made protein bar recipies you guys use/like ? I remember one 10 years back from IronMan Mag that came out like a date bread. Very tasty and easy to eat.

A great thing when i dont have time for anything else, beef jerkey seems to be the best choice for something quick and easy.

Nuts, Grow!, Grow! Bars, Jerky, precooked meats, veggies, cheese, fruit, oats, milk. etc and a combination of any of the above. Keep it simple cant expect gourmet on the run.

Low-Carb Grow! in a shaker and a handful of raw nuts/seeds (almonds, sunflower)

Here’s a favorite recipe of mine. Makes 1 kilogram of high-density solid jet fuel.

200 grams walnuts
200 grams almonds
100 grams cashews
100 grams sesame seeds
100 grams sunflower seeds

(need it be said, all raw and unsalted?)

200 grams dried fruit (raisins, apricots, prunes etc., of the unsulfured variety)

50ml canola/safflower oil

100 grams whey protein
A pinch of salt, if you want

Blend all nuts and sunflower seeds in a food processor or large blender until they are finely chopped. Add raisins, oil and finally protein powder and salt, and blend until you’ve got one hell of a goopy mess…I mean, until everything is thoroughly mixed. Stir in sesame seeds, then roll the resulting goop into balls, cylinders, obelisks, whatever.

Keep them in the fridge until you need them.

Caution: they’re sticky and oily, but damn, they’re good!

WOW, sounds yummy! And all natural, bonus! Question: can flax seed oil or olive oil be substituted for the canola? Thank you, will try the recipe like today!!

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Here’s a favorite recipe of mine. Makes 1 kilogram of high-density solid jet fuel.

200 grams walnuts
200 grams almonds
100 grams cashews
100 grams sesame seeds
100 grams sunflower seeds

(need it be said, all raw and unsalted?)

200 grams dried fruit (raisins, apricots, prunes etc., of the unsulfured variety)

50ml canola/safflower oil

100 grams whey protein
A pinch of salt, if you want

Blend all nuts and sunflower seeds in a food processor or large blender until they are finely chopped. Add raisins, oil and finally protein powder and salt, and blend until you’ve got one hell of a goopy mess…I mean, until everything is thoroughly mixed. Stir in sesame seeds, then roll the resulting goop into balls, cylinders, obelisks, whatever.

Keep them in the fridge until you need them.

Caution: they’re sticky and oily, but damn, they’re good! [/quote]

[quote]chinadoll wrote:
WOW, sounds yummy! And all natural, bonus! Question: can flax seed oil or olive oil be substituted for the canola? Thank you, will try the recipe like today!![/quote]

I don’t see why not, although you might find olive oil a bit overpowering. If it’s cold-pressed, cold-processed extra virgin (i.e. expensive) oil from Italy (i.e., not Spain), you might be okay. I’ve never tried flax seed oil, but it should be fine. Let me know how they turn out!

Still swimming, by the way :wink:

Whenever you cook, cook enough to last you a couple of days, and keep it in the fridge. Berardi does this with his chili (recipe on his website).

Besides that, I don’t have any other ideas… but hell, some beef jerkey and an apple will give you some 300 calories.

Great replys so far - thanks! Threads like this jog my mind and allow me to think outside of the box and come up with new/interesting ways to apply simple principles.