Super Cat Vertical Jump Machine

Bought the Super Cat back in 93’. Does anyone else out there have one or used one. What were your results & what did you think about it. The builder of the Super Cat is out of Riverside Texas. His son Gary built his vertical from 18’ to a three step 50’! That was in a 4 yr. period. I’ve seen video of him training & jumping. He can graze his head against the rim @ a height of 6 feet tall!

1 Like

i used the Bear machine(simular to supercat) at my old high school gym. after maxing out on it, i was jumping up stairs like a grasshopper.
I wish i could find a place that has either of these machines.

i think the reason why they are effective if because of the path in which the weight is moved. in other words, there is more vertical movement at the top of the exercise, which adds resistence.

anyone know a website to get some idea of what the thing looks like, or are you basically doing a jump squat in a machine. Thanks BB

http://www.powernetics.com/host.html

I must have been thinking about a different machine when I said the resistence increased at the top of the movement.

these machines look to provide equal resistence throughout the movement.

Do you have a link to that video of the son jumping and training?

Hey guys! At the website performing the squat jumps on the angle plate is Gary fuller, aka, badass leaper. Look @ how high he is getting w/ that wt. which is 180lbs! Getting that high while doing that one exercise w/ that wt. is awesome! Make sure you check that out! I’ve tried everything for increasing my vertical & the Super Cat is the best! Strenght Shoes didn’t help much w/ my vertical, more w/ my running speed. While using the Strenght Shoes w/ sprinting program I got from Eric Dickerson I went from a 8.2 60 yd. to a 6.8 in 1 yr! I believe the shoes helped alot. All though, I was using the Super Cat at the time. So I guess combining both did it. But for jumping Super Cat is the shit! Up in WI. where Coach Bennet used to be they had one. IU has one, & when I was @ LSU in the summer of 95’ they had one. I remember seeing Ronnie Henderson on it at least twice a week during the summer! He was a great baller! Led the SEC in scoring 2 straight yrs! DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HIM??!! I remember the Bullits drafted him & then POOF he was nowhere to be found! He had major game! I thought he was going to be the next big superstar. His teammate Livingston went on to the pros, he had some big time knee problems I remember. Don’t think he’s playing anymore. Peace!

I wonder why he had knee probs :slight_smile:

Randy Livingston tore his knees up in high school, would have been an all star had it not happened. I don’t think the supercat was to blame.

I can’t recall seeing the strength shoes on here before. I too got faster with them, squats took my vertical to 33 inches without a step though and helped me take my 100 meter time down 11.0.

One thing about stregnth shoes though is that they do increase hypertrophy in the calves. Not so good if you’re an athlete, but as far as bodybuilding is concerned theya re great. My calves were freaky when I used those thigns, now they look like Allen Iverson on a diet.

[quote]CoolColJ wrote:
I wonder why he had knee probs :)[/quote]

At the high school level back then I doubt Livingston even had access to the Super Cat. Since he hurt his knee in high school I doubt at LSU he would even consider using the Vert machine. Maybe if his knee was 100%

What’s the difference between these machines and performing a jump squat?

you would definitely need to get used to the positioning considering your feet are on an incline so you are taking off and landing on the incline. i think doing dumbell jump squats from various depths would have the same carry over. laters pk

Don’t confuse the medium with the training protocols. A well laid out plan with underlying training concepts will get you results and not an expensive machine.

In faith,

Coach Davies

Using box jumps with weights took up my vert a few inches in a month. And I did those at most once a week.

We had a supercat in my high school gym. Nobody there even knew how to use the thing. Some guys used to use it like a squat machine. I only remember one person ever using it for jumping.

[quote]Coach Davies wrote:
Don’t confuse the medium with the training protocols. A well laid out plan with underlying training concepts will get you results and not an expensive machine.

In faith,

Coach Davies

[/quote]

Nope! Won’t happen as fast. Super Cat is the ultimate for vertical! Hand down.

thats a pretty sweet piece of equipment

I played BBall in high school and we had a supercat, we are here locally in Texas. The 4 lifts we did were speed jumps, both regular and angled and the same both done heavy. (No jumping, just regular A2G squats.) My junior year I went from barely hanging on the rim to being able to dunk baseline, 2 handed, windmill and whatever else. (I’m 6’2) Didn’t do any other leg work at all other than just playing ball. That machine flat out WORKS. Increased my vertical around 6 inches in less than a year.

[quote]Coach Davies wrote:

In faith,

Coach Davies

[/quote]
What training concepts would you employ in a vertical jump training program without me having to buy skywalkers delight? :slight_smile:

We’ve got one of those at my gym. Are you supposed to jump in it? The only thing I ever used it for was shrugs.

[quote]sam747 wrote:
We’ve got one of those at my gym. Are you supposed to jump in it? The only thing I ever used it for was shrugs.[/quote]

FOR REAL?!?!? That’s too funny; just go to www.powernetics.com email them & ask for the dvd.