Super Bowl XLII

I tell you what!

Brady BETTER be bangin’ Supermodels…!

Because for about the next 6 months he’s going to be suffering from Strahan, Osi Umenyoira and Justin Tuck induced nightmares and ED!

My HELL!

Those three were in Brady’s face more than Gisele’s little…well…Gisele!

Mufasa

I’m still in a state of shock. I can’t believe the Giants just won the Super Bowl! I’ve been waiting 18 years since the last win, so this is very, very sweet.

Eli again played great and deserved the MVP. How about David Tyree? Can you say greatest catch in SB history? Defense played outstanding. Plax made the big catch and backed up his prediction.

Giants deserved to win.

F-YEAH GIANTS!!! This makes my entire year.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!

YOU AMAZING MOTHERFUCKERS, YOU PULLED IT OF!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

[quote]Rusty Barbell wrote:
Belicheck didn’t leave early. There was 1 sec left and both coaches were headed to the field cuz they thought it was over. They met at the 50 yard line and exchanged words. Shortly after, the field was cleared so the last second could be cleared.

It was great though. The 10 seconds after the Plaxico TD catch were the best 10 seconds I’ve had in months. Next year: Manning vs Manning.[/quote]

Belicheck did leave. They were confused about the one second remaining but he left while his team went back onto the field to play the last snap which was kneeled. Belicheck is a fucking homo faggot. Get a new sweat shirt fuck mouth.

Belichick lost the game when he wore a new, red sweater instead of the old, nasty ass gray one. Seriously, for a guy as quirky as him, how do you fuck that up?

Tiki Barber should let Eli “brighten his pearly whites.” Arrogant bastard.

Anyone else smile when Bill went for a fourth and 17? Arrogant fucker.

Great fucking game. G-MEN FOR LIFE!

The Giants D-Line was amazing. Brady got hit or sacked 20 times. It must be pretty sweet for Strahan, he earned it. I also didn’t think Eli had that drive in him. At the start of the season I would have said that he would fold like a deck of cards in that pressure situation, but he kept making throws and he made that amazing scramble and he earned the MVP, and everyones respect.

Shades of 1990 painted all over this game. I stayed up late last night watching NFL films from that game and the similarities between the two situations and games were striking.

Wide right was basically the first Superbowl I ever watched as a kid and it made me a Giants fan for life. Tonight feels like a vindication for all those years before, including the heartache of the last Superbowl after the euphoria of that Viking massacre.

All Giants fan who paid attention knew Eli had this in him. He has an innate ability to be absolutely clutch in the last few minutes of a game when it really matters. He has his ups and downs during the season like any quarterback, but we’ve seen some of his no-huddle work that made you stop and wonder about his potential.

That being said, it was a real tough start to the season. I was up in arms and calling for Tom Coughlin to be fired at the end of last season and after the 0-2 start, I was confident that he would be canned by the end of this year. There were times that I questioned the defense, the offense and of course, even Eli’s confidence and leadership abilities.

As the season wound to a close, everyone and their mother thought that the Giants should quietly pack it in and take a dive versus the Patriots in the final game of the season. “Why risk injuring players in a game that is meaningless?” is what all the analysts and sports tv/radio personalities said…

Well, as a resident of Connecticut, I more than wanted the Giants to put up a fight in that game. A state divided between Boston and New York, a breeding ground for grudges and resentment that transcends boundaries for any one sport. We all knew that there was an intangible to be gained by playing this game to win it, and that was confidence and heart.

They knew they could take a chunk out of armor of Goliath, which made their path to the Super Bowl seem more than just a dream. It became a mission and that mission is now complete.

Greatest upset ever.

Perhaps the greatest superbowl ever.

Tonight we witnessed the literal physical translation of the idea of resiliency.

And it was AWESOME.

[quote]ericbyrnesjr wrote:
Belichick lost the game when he wore a new, red sweater instead of the old, nasty ass gray one. Seriously, for a guy as quirky as him, how do you fuck that up?[/quote]

HAHAHA I was thinking the exact same thing. When I saw first saw Belichick at the game, the first that came to my mind was ‘where’s the gray sweatshirt? what’s up with the red?’ and that if the Pats lost, people would say it’s all because Belichick wore red instead of gray.

[quote]Syncharmony wrote:
Shades of 1990 painted all over this game. I stayed up late last night watching NFL films from that game and the similarities between the two situations and games were striking.

…[/quote]

The difference between the two was they beat the Bills on a missed field goal, which took a little luck. (I am a huge Bills fan) I respect the way the Giants played that game but winning on a missed field goal is not the mark of greatness.

The Giants were great last night. They won it with a great drive late and then a defensive stop against the most prolific offense ever. That defines greatness much more than praying for the other team to miss a kick.

Congratulations Patriots O-Line, terrific job shitting the bed.

Really though, what a game.

When I called for Giants D-Line to pressure Brady, I meant his ankle, not sodomize the entire Pats O-Line.

5 Sacks = Owned

Either way, MASSIVE RESPEKT to Giants Defense and Eli, uber cool under pressure. Better team won fair and square.

I heard on ESPN Radio Brady laughing at Plexico’s prediction of 23-17 Giants victory. That’s the beauty of sports, surprises do happen.

18-1 Means Nothing.

Tom Brady vs. Osi Umenyiora

Who would you rather be?

One is very sore, the other is 2008 Super Bown Champion.

One dates a model, the other shits on a model.

Is it wrong if I find this story funny?
Relax, it probable isn’t true anyway.

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
Congratulations Patriots O-Line, terrific job shitting the bed.

Really though, what a game.

When I called for Giants D-Line to pressure Brady, I meant his ankle, not sodomize the entire Pats O-Line.

5 Sacks = Owned

[/quote]

HAHAHA.

Best post in this thread.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
I’m still in a state of shock. I can’t believe the Giants just won the Super Bowl! I’ve been waiting 18 years since the last win, so this is very, very sweet.

Eli again played great and deserved the MVP. How about David Tyree? Can you say greatest catch in SB history? Defense played outstanding. Plax made the big catch and backed up his prediction.

Giants deserved to win.

F-YEAH GIANTS!!! This makes my entire year.[/quote]

I’d say that was the greatest catch I’ve seen in the superbowl. Every reciever should have to watch that clip before every game.

Eli did the same thing in college, he would lose games he had no business losing then out of no where win a huge clutch game. Although personally I think he outplayed his brother in college and now in the superbowl too. Subjectively he had no turnovers. Even after seeing them drop a number of passes they still kept throwing the ball, and didn’t rely on the running game the way everybody thought they would.

Any Given Sunday is right.

What does it take to make the superbowl a national holiday?

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
18-1 Means Nothing.[/quote]

Sure it does. It means “ALMOST.”

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:
TKOWKD1 wrote:
18-1 Means Nothing.

Sure it does. It means “ALMOST.”[/quote]

ALMOST = Nothing

17 - O Means PERFECT