Super Bowl MVP = Ref

In the words of the comic book guy from the simpsons “worst superbowl ever!”

Bens touchdown did look just barely over to me.

Don’t see how you can complain about the pass interferance call with “he barely touched him” when Hasselback was ruled “down by contact” after barely getting touched while falling. Not bad officiating, bad rules.

In regards to a fix, an interesting item I heard before the game was that the Steelers were the second or third highest sellers of team merchandise, while Seattle was about 27th. Which team would the NFL stand to make the most money from by winning the SuperBowl? Obviously the Steelers. I don’t think NFL games are fixed, but it is interesting to think about the possibilities.

[quote]jcerbone wrote:
you know i find this VERY funny…i bet you more then 3/4’s of the people who posted on this topic HAVE NEVER PLAYED football in their god damn life be it college,high school or even pee wee football…their all armchair QB’s who sit at home and cry about how people call the damn game when they have never played it themselves…ohh sorry boys VIDEO GAMES DONT COUNT…next time before you cry about how people call the game maybe you should actually play before you try crying about the rules of the game…you might understand how things go…its people like you who make me sick…always putting down someone else who did good just to make your sorry skinny ass feel better about yourself[/quote]

You’re a Steeler’s fan huh.

[quote]chadman wrote:
In regards to a fix, an interesting item I heard before the game was that the Steelers were the second or third highest sellers of team merchandise, while Seattle was about 27th. Which team would the NFL stand to make the most money from by winning the SuperBowl? Obviously the Steelers. I don’t think NFL games are fixed, but it is interesting to think about the possibilities.[/quote]

i didn’t think NFL games were fixed until i watched that travesty.

obvious bias agaisnt Seattle as well as basically ignoring Pittsburgh. i recall a particular blatantly obvious defensive offsides on Pitt left uncalled and a particular blatantly obvious horse collar (or whatever they’re called) from Pitt left uncalled.

the refs turned a blind eye on Pitt, and made sure to watch Seattle with the keenest eye.

not to mention that all media coverage was massively focused around Pitt, and WTF is up with Seattle being underdogs anyways?

Seattle dominated the game until they didn’t fucking care cuz they knew the refs were on the take, but we’ll not hear any complaining because they’ll get fined up the asshole.

Pittsburgh played a great game, but it would have been much different had it been fair.

as much as i’d like to call them the Pittsburgh Stealers, i wont due to respect for fans.

[quote]jcerbone wrote:
you know i find this VERY funny…i bet you more then 3/4’s of the people who posted on this topic HAVE NEVER PLAYED football in their god damn life be it college,high school or even pee wee football…their all armchair QB’s who sit at home and cry about how people call the damn game when they have never played it themselves…ohh sorry boys VIDEO GAMES DONT COUNT…next time before you cry about how people call the game maybe you should actually play before you try crying about the rules of the game…you might understand how things go…its people like you who make me sick…always putting down someone else who did good just to make your sorry skinny ass feel better about yourself[/quote]

LOL, one concussion too many…

Love those Zebras lol

GO STEELERS

I think the game was fixed. I found it rather strange that the Steelers were the only ones highlighted during the game in commercials. I guess they had a more compelling story so they were the one’s chosen to win. One of the worst Super Bowls I wasted staying up to watch!

It was hysterical that the ref just dived in there like that. Even better would’ve been if he came out with the ball. I agree that some bad calls. Overall, pretty much what I expected. Superbowl’s always awesome though and an excuse to have a blowout night even when you don’t really care about either team.

[quote]jcerbone wrote:

Wow, you must be a Heisman winner ponying up a screename to grace our humble site. All hail to the great jcerbone. MVP of waterboys. Dumbass

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Just had to say amen on the officiating; horrible…and I didn’t care who won the game. How about the “Blocking below the waist” call on the QB on the TACKLE in the 4th Q…[/quote]

I could not believe it. I think this sequence broke Seattles back.

They got down to the Steelers 2 yard line and had it taken away on a phantom holding call.

Hasselbeck ends up throwing a pic on 3rd and 18 instead of having 1st and goal.

The horrible low block call happens.

Seattle can’t believe what happened and Pittsburgh gets a touchdown on a trick play because Seattles head is not in the game.

Holgren was horrible with clock management but that is minor compared to the lousy calls.

12 of the first teams in the NFL were backed by mobsters. Figure out the rest…

I might be a limey but I’ve been into American football since 1982 when it was first shown on TV in the UK.

The officiating was poor but the main reasons Seattle lost were-

1, Dropped passes, Stevens might have caught a TD pass but apart from that he couldn’t catch a cold.

2, Missed field goals at crucial times (missed by inches on both attempts).

3, Poor defense, what was going on with Willie Parkers TD run? Also the Steelers used the Randel El to Ward trick play a couple of weeks ago, don’t they watch film?

4, Poor use of the clock which a couple of people have already pointed out.

5, Special teams, was the Seattle punter trying to prove that he could reach the endzone? How many times did the Steelers start on there own 20 yard line? Why punt on 4th down with 4 mins left (especially when they only made 30 yards or so) instead let Hasslebeck throw up a hail Mary although Stevens would have dropped it.

I was rooting for the Steelers but most of all I wanted to see a good game and I was left dissapointed.

Chris

[quote]wufwugy wrote:
Seattle dominated the game until they didn’t fucking care cuz they knew the refs were on the take, but we’ll not hear any complaining because they’ll get fined up the asshole.

[/quote]

Dominated? No way. The first half was just about a stalemate. They both spent the brunt of the game between eachothers 40 yd. lines, and barely enough time near the goal lines.

But sure, if you don’t want to blame one team for losing and give credit to another for winning, then the refs are the only thing left. It’s not like they can blame the weather. Or maybe the ventilation system…

Seattle has displayed good sportsmanship thusfar, maybe their fans should follow their lead.

It’s George Bush’s fault. LOL.

[quote]BorisTheSpider wrote:
Bens touchdown did look just barely over to me.

Don’t see how you can complain about the pass interferance call with “he barely touched him” when Hasselback was ruled “down by contact” after barely getting touched while falling. Not bad officiating, bad rules. [/quote]

I agree. Ben’s touchdown was a touchdown. The camera didn’t have a straight on view of the goal line. It was close to being straight on, but I noticed that it was angled a bit. If it wasn’t angled (and was dead on), the football would of been shown to go into the white line. Madden said that if the ref calls it a touchdown and they review it and there isn’t a clear view whether it did go past or not, they can’t reverse the call on the field.

superbowls dont matter unless the cowboys win it.

jcerbone wrote:
“you know i find this VERY funny…i bet you more then 3/4’s of the people who posted on this topic HAVE NEVER PLAYED football in their god damn life be it college,high school or even pee wee football…their all armchair QB’s who sit at home and cry about how people call the damn game when they have never played it themselves…ohh sorry boys VIDEO GAMES DONT COUNT…next time before you cry about how people call the game maybe you should actually play before you try crying about the rules of the game…you might understand how things go…its people like you who make me sick…always putting down someone else who did good just to make your sorry skinny ass feel better about yourself”

Actually, entering my 13th season. Ass isn’t skinny. Also, can tell bad refs from the good.

And…judging from the tone and grammer of your post, (and considering it was your first post), I’d say you are a Steelers fan who is roughly 14-16 years old.

[quote]Youch wrote:
I might be a limey but I’ve been into American football since 1982 when it was first shown on TV in the UK.

The officiating was poor but the main reasons Seattle lost were-

1, Dropped passes, Stevens might have caught a TD pass but apart from that he couldn’t catch a cold.

-Absolutley. You can not afford to give away yards by dropping passes.

2, Missed field goals at crucial times (missed by inches on both attempts).

-One more reason to hate kickers.

3, Poor defense, what was going on with Willie Parkers TD run? Also the Steelers used the Randel El to Ward trick play a couple of weeks ago, don’t they watch film?

-I haven’t seen the playback of that run, but they may have been caught in a blitz. Parker may have hit the seam that the blitzing player left.

4, Poor use of the clock which a couple of people have already pointed out.

-This was insane. I thought for a second McNabb had replaced Hasselbeck.

5, Special teams, was the Seattle punter trying to prove that he could reach the endzone? How many times did the Steelers start on there own 20 yard line? Why punt on 4th down with 4 mins left (especially when they only made 30 yards or so) instead let Hasslebeck throw up a hail Mary although Stevens would have dropped it.

-Another reason to hate punters.

I was rooting for the Steelers but most of all I wanted to see a good game and I was left dissapointed.

Chris[/quote]