Super Bowl Half Time Gayness

[quote]APE. wrote:
BluePfaltz wrote:
I thought I heard some Foo Fighters in there…

Can’t be all that bad…

During the halftime show? What song, or did you hear the song Foo Fighters covered that was originally a Prince song?

[/quote]

God, i feel young and stupid for not knowing that, but atleast thats one mistake i wont make again.

[quote]five-twelve wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Pootie Tang wrote:
If it’s not your taste in music than fine I can accept your dislike of it BUT I have to say that was one of THE best Halftime performance since Janet Jacksons right tit made an appearance. He sung just a small slice of his hits and topped it off with Purple Rain in the middle of that rain storm, that had the whole stadium rocking & singing along. Oh you also have to give him his props for his excellent guitar skills.

Prince may be a little low on the Testosterone but he has boned much fine hollywood ass in his career. Carmen Electra, Kim Bassinger, Vanity, Appolonia, Kirsty Alley (when she was hot), Nola Gaye (Marvin Gaye’s daughter) Mayte. So just hold you stupid comments to yourself because I am sure the catalog of the women you have slayed is no where close to this “Gayness”

Dumb ass.

2 plastic surgeries away from becoming michael jackson[/quote]

Prince = Enigmatic musical genius who has screwed women most guys only dream about

Michael Jackson = Sexually confused pop star (who many also consider a musical genius) in a static childlike mental state

The two are not the same. Any musician that can stick around as long as he has and still sell records like he has deserves respect, not ridicule, especially after playing a guitar the way he did during the half time show.

We understand that you may be just beneath the age to have actually heard many of hits playing on the radio as a kid, but that doesn’t erase his significance just because you hadn’t learned to talk yet.

You still haven’t answered who you would have liked to see do a half time show.

I am truly interested.

[quote]APE. wrote:
BluePfaltz wrote:

Can’t be all that bad…

During the halftime show? What song, or did you hear the song Foo Fighters covered that was originally a Prince song?

[/quote]

I take that back, i believe that is an original Foo Fighters song

[quote]APE. wrote:
BluePfaltz wrote:

Can’t be all that bad…

[/quote]

No, he heard “Best of You” which I believe Foo Fighters composed and Prince covered. Also it was great that he mixed a little Jimi (or Dylan) in there with All Along the Watchtower.

One of the few Superbowls in memory where the actual talent lived up to all the pyro, glitz, flashing lights and fireworks.

[quote]doogie wrote:
I liked it.[/quote]

Me, too.

2 plastic surgeries away from becoming michael jackson[/quote]

You mean he’s two surgeries from become the most famous musician in the world?? Wow, didn’t know plastic surgery did that. Too bad Prince looks like a man who has aged naturally over the span of his career.

You must have been upset that they only played the K-fed commercial once. Its okay, just watch a real musician and shut the f*ck up.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
Super Bowl halftime shows suck period. Prince is a fucking out of this world musician, but even he can’t rescue what has evolved into America’s bathroom and nacho break.

Bingo.

But I will say that hearing Prince cover a Foo Fighters’ song from behind the bathroom door made me glad I was already sitting on the crapper. [/quote]

Why does anyone think Prince would cover a Foo Fighter song and not that he wrote the song and the Foo Fighters covered him?

[quote]Jack_Dempsey wrote:
APE. wrote:
BluePfaltz wrote:

Can’t be all that bad…

No, he heard “Best of You” which I believe Foo Fighters composed and Prince covered.
[/quote]

If that’s true then I apologize for not knowing that as well.

IMHO best half time show I have ever seen.

Geez, I never knew prince was any good. I was watching X-men 2 during halftime.

Does anyone else remember seeing advertisements that Fergie and some other artists were going to be the half time show?

I’d like to see an AC/DC-Pantera team-up.

The amount of faces melted would constitute as a PLAGUE.

Sorry guys Prince is awful. U2 and their lead Bono suck donkey nuts and the rolling stones are older than my grandma.

As for a band I would like. I don’t know anything that is not completely old and out dated. How about Linkin Park, Nickleback, Nas, LL Cool J, Jay Z. Fuck man anyone other than a 50 year old muscians. But please no Timberlake…

And I don’t care how many girls Prince has had sex with. I think its fairly safe to say that he has had sex with an equal amount of men too.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
five-twelve wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Pootie Tang wrote:
If it’s not your taste in music than fine I can accept your dislike of it BUT I have to say that was one of THE best Halftime performance since Janet Jacksons right tit made an appearance. He sung just a small slice of his hits and topped it off with Purple Rain in the middle of that rain storm, that had the whole stadium rocking & singing along. Oh you also have to give him his props for his excellent guitar skills.

Prince may be a little low on the Testosterone but he has boned much fine hollywood ass in his career. Carmen Electra, Kim Bassinger, Vanity, Appolonia, Kirsty Alley (when she was hot), Nola Gaye (Marvin Gaye’s daughter) Mayte. So just hold you stupid comments to yourself because I am sure the catalog of the women you have slayed is no where close to this “Gayness”

Dumb ass.

2 plastic surgeries away from becoming michael jackson

Prince = Enigmatic musical genius who has screwed women most guys only dream about

Michael Jackson = Sexually confused pop star (who many also consider a musical genius) in a static childlike mental state

The two are not the same. Any musician that can stick around as long as he has and still sell records like he has deserves respect, not ridicule, especially after playing a guitar the way he did during the half time show.

We understand that you may be just beneath the age to have actually heard many of hits playing on the radio as a kid, but that doesn’t erase his significance just because you hadn’t learned to talk yet.

You still haven’t answered who you would have liked to see do a half time show.

I am truly interested.[/quote]

If you mean pretend playing the guitar with a CD playing then he was the best ever.

But hey mad props to your boy.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

2 plastic surgeries away from becoming michael jackson

You mean he’s two surgeries from become the most famous musician in the world?? Wow, didn’t know plastic surgery did that. Too bad Prince looks like a man who has aged naturally over the span of his career.

You must have been upset that they only played the K-fed commercial once. Its okay, just watch a real musician and shut the f*ck up.

[/quote]

OMG I think I missed the K-fed commerical. That was the only reason I was watching the super bowl. Shit what am I going to talk about to my crew tomorrow.

I was a little annoyed to hear him cover “All Along the Watchtower” even though he did a good job. Just because everyone covers that song and I’ve heard so many crappy versions I’m beginning to hate that song. Nobody can do it like Hendrix so everybody should stop trying.

With that said, I thought Prince did one of the best non-Hendrix covers of that song. I was hoping Prince would’ve thrown down a little “Darling Nikki” (that’s the one the Foo Fighters covered), but that might have themes a little too explicit for the post-Janet halftime shows.

Not to change this awesome subject all of sudden. But did Guns and Roses ever do a half-time show in there peak?

[quote]five-twelve wrote:
Sorry guys Prince is awful. U2 and their lead Bono suck donkey nuts and the rolling stones are older than my grandma.

As for a band I would like. I don’t know anything that is not completely old and out dated. How about Linkin Park, Nickleback, Nas, LL Cool J, Jay Z. Fuck man anyone other than a 50 year old muscians. But please no Timberlake…

And I don’t care how many girls Prince has had sex with. I think its fairly safe to say that he has had sex with an equal amount of men too.
[/quote]

You’re the same guy who wrote that comment about C-section scars that pretty much pissed off most of the women on this site who read it. I’m not sure you are qualified to discuss what women like or even what music sounds good.

[quote]five-twelve wrote
If you mean pretend playing the guitar with a CD playing then he was the best ever.

But hey mad props to your boy.[/quote]

I’ve seen a lot of good rock guitarists live and I must say that Prince took the cake. He is definitely underrated for his guitar playing skills - has more talent in his Kim Bassinger-banging-trouser-trout than Pantera have in their whole group, and to the haters out there, I second the original “fuck you”

[quote]Professor X wrote:
five-twelve wrote:

You’re the same guy who wrote that comment about C-section scars that pretty much pissed off most of the women on this site who read it. I’m not sure you are qualified to discuss what women like or even what music sounds good.[/quote]

ouch…looks like you won this forum battle.

On a side note, C-section are ugly as shit. If I had a scar that was accross my stomach like that I would think it was ugly too. Its no beauty mark.

[quote]RagingBull wrote:
I’ve seen a lot of good rock guitarists live and I must say that Prince took the cake. He is definitely underrated for his guitar playing skills - has more talent in his Kim Bassinger-banging-trouser-trout than Pantera have in their whole group, and to the haters out there, I second the original “fuck you”[/quote]

You obviously know nothing about metal or the guitar for that matter.

The late Dimebag Darrell of Pantera was one of the greatest guitarists to grace earth.

Do yourself a favour and download any Pantera song and you will realise how uninformed you are.