Super Bowl Half Time Gayness

I mean come on…PRINCE!!!

Why is it that the only bands that play shows like this are lame ass ones?

Its always, U2 and the Stones or some other shitty band that no one listens too anymore.

All I have to say is that nothing makes football more manily than having Prince do the have time show.

As an avid Prince fan, I say this:

Fuck you

[quote]five-twelve wrote:
I mean come on…PRINCE!!!

Its always, U2 and the Stones or some other shitty band that no one listens too anymore.

All I have to say is that nothing makes football more manily than having Prince do the have time show.[/quote]

Hot chicks might get nekkid, and NOBODY wants that. => Old nobodies are less potentially offensive, apparently.

I just wish they’d play a whole song instead of these A.D.D. multi-song abortions. I’m glad I was doing my cooking at the time and I only caught a little bit of it.

Say what you want about Prince, the guy’s a pretty incedible musician. I thought it was a pretty cool halftime show, even though I wasn’t really watching that intently.

Its always, U2 and the Stones or some other shitty band that no one listens too anymore. [/quote]

Just curious. Who should have been picked to entertain us all?

LOL anyone see K-Fed commercial?

I thought I heard some Foo Fighters in there…

Can’t be all that bad…

If it’s not your taste in music than fine I can accept your dislike of it BUT I have to say that was one of THE best Halftime performance since Janet Jacksons right tit made an appearance. He sung just a small slice of his hits and topped it off with Purple Rain in the middle of that rain storm, that had the whole stadium rocking & singing along. Oh you also have to give him his props for his excellent guitar skills.

Prince may be a little low on the Testosterone but he has boned much fine hollywood ass in his career. Carmen Electra, Kim Bassinger, Vanity, Appolonia, Kirsty Alley (when she was hot), Nola Gaye (Marvin Gaye’s daughter) Mayte. So just hold you stupid comments to yourself because I am sure the catalog of the women you have slayed is no where close to this “Gayness”

Dumb ass.

I mean come on…PRINCE!!!

All I have to say is that nothing makes football more manily than having Prince do the have time show.[/quote]

You sound like someone who has never paid attention to how women respond to Prince. Go to one of his concerts and tell me if you have ever seen that many women from all cultural backgrounds in one place.

Prince is one extremely talented mutherfucker and from what I could see, every girl in the crowd near the stage knew the words to the songs and none of them looked older than 35.

You are pretty clueless on this one.

According to you, no one listens to prince?
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1488027/20040528/story.jhtml

[quote]Prince’s recent Musicology has quickly become his best-selling album in years, moving more than 632,000 copies in five weeks thanks to a combination of traditional record sales and copies whose purchase price is included with every ticket to his mostly sold-out arena shows.
[/quote]

Yeah…lame.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:
If it’s not your taste in music than fine I can accept your dislike of it BUT I have to say that was one of THE best Halftime performance since Janet Jacksons right tit made an appearance. He sung just a small slice of his hits and topped it off with Purple Rain in the middle of that rain storm, that had the whole stadium rocking & singing along. Oh you also have to give him his props for his excellent guitar skills.

Prince may be a little low on the Testosterone but he has boned much fine hollywood ass in his career. Carmen Electra, Kim Bassinger, Vanity, Appolonia, Kirsty Alley (when she was hot), Nola Gaye (Marvin Gaye’s daughter) Mayte. So just hold you stupid comments to yourself because I am sure the catalog of the women you have slayed is no where close to this “Gayness”

Dumb ass. [/quote]

Super Bowl halftime shows suck period. Prince is a fucking out of this world musician, but even he can’t rescue what has evolved into America’s bathroom and nacho break.

[quote]Pootie Tang wrote:

Dumb ass. [/quote]

You got that right…boned a lot of hollywood ass.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Pootie Tang wrote:

Dumb ass.

[/quote]

2 plastic surgeries away from becoming michael jackson

I liked it.

[quote]BluePfaltz wrote:
I thought I heard some Foo Fighters in there…

Can’t be all that bad…[/quote]

During the halftime show? What song, or did you hear the song Foo Fighters covered that was originally a Prince song?

I mean come on…PRINCE!!!

Jesus Christ man, for one thing they cant play it to one audience, While Im sure that you would love to see Gwen Stefani up there, you cant expect it to fit your taste everytime.

Im not personally a fan of Prince, I respect a great amount as a musician because he can play one helluva guitar and like someone said pull some amazing ass.

On a final note, calling U2 and the Stones a shitty band is just plain stupid. While you are entitled to your opinion (as close minded as it may be), you are going to have to be a whole lot more accepting of other peoples tastes and opinions or you will get yours someday.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Super Bowl halftime shows suck period. Prince is a fucking out of this world musician, but even he can’t rescue what has evolved into America’s bathroom and nacho break.[/quote]

I really don’t get the half time show. In Australia, the news covers the show extensively for a couple of minutes and the game gets a 20 second slot.

I’d be a little worried if I was trying to promote a sport where the half time show gets more interest than the actual game.

I like NFL and I’m huge on the NBA but all these TV timeouts and etc are killing it in my opinion.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Super Bowl halftime shows suck period. Prince is a fucking out of this world musician, but even he can’t rescue what has evolved into America’s bathroom and nacho break.[/quote]

Bingo.

But I will say that hearing Prince cover a Foo Fighters’ song from behind the bathroom door made me glad I was already sitting on the crapper.

I thought he rocked the shit, great guitar player, great showmenship, he did a great foo fighters cover, and the finale of Purple Rain was incredible.

And its a safe bet that Prince has railed both of those twins who were dancing.

–JB