Super-Biased Article: Men's Weight

[quote]WxHerk wrote:
Your back looks fantastic and I’m glad you made that pic your avatar . . . how’s that for a specification?? :slight_smile:

[/quote]
Thanks very much:)

[quote]mrw173 wrote:
debraD wrote:
Psychology is an entire field of morons. How’s that for a generalization?

Right. Generalize to an entire field from a few morons quoted in the article.

That’s the same error that the premise of this article is based on. Well done.[/quote]

Yeah, that was the joke. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Apparently, there are no women who want to build muscle mass or who don’t simply want to lose weight. It is nice to know that the good doctor doesn’t even consider the possibility that women have different ideals and don’t all think the same. Someone like this is a “lecturer in psychology”?
[/quote]

That’s what I was thinking. Pathetic.

“Now, we are treated to the sight of Daniel Craig emerging from the water, six pack rippling as the result of an intense workout that you could follow only if it was your job to do so.”

We’ve all heard this before and I’m sure we all want to smash people who use this one. It’s the old “I would look like that if it were MY JOB” excuse.

What’s REALLY insane is that someone with Daniel Craig’s less than amazing physique (like me) hears how horribly time consuming it must be to maintain that kind of shape whereas a bodybuilder who successfully commits himself to an ideal is given no credit at all and considered a glorified drug addict.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Apparently, there are no women who want to build muscle mass or who don’t simply want to lose weight. It is nice to know that the good doctor doesn’t even consider the possibility that women have different ideals and don’t all think the same. Someone like this is a “lecturer in psychology”?

Way to complicate things. Here I was enjoying being simple and one dimensional.

Now I want to look like David Beckham.[/quote]

Hah… I started fuming over the generalizations about women in this article even more than I did the main point. I can’t even believe that a person like this could be published. I’m sad for the state of our culture.

Ouroboro, what steps are you taking to make yourself look like David Beckham? I’m quite curious. Perhaps your should start a log about your new physiological quest? (Be sure to include bashing yourself in the toofers with a baseball bat or fire extinguisher or some such thing in order to create that crooked grin which will be sure to attract screaming hordes of obsessive girlies chasing you down the streets of Ontario. And pics of these events would be quite entertaining, please post.)

The really sad thing is that it was only about 200 years ago when just about everybody looked like Daniel Craig because almost everybody had a job that included physical labor and didn’t drink HFCS all day long. Now these people are freaks?

I read 1/2 the article and my head hurt from the stupidity. Sigh.

[quote] says Dr Stephen Edwards, a lecturer in psychology at Swansea University. "In women it’s very straightforward - they want to lose weight.
[/quote]

While I agree most women just want to lose weight(most woman are fat)… I find that those who come to me want to get in “better shape” not just lose weight. Maybe it is because they know I train seriously. Although, no fatties have come to me, it’s girls who are already in ‘ok’ shape and realize that just losing another 10lbs isn’t going to make them look good.

I found it funny when the author postulated that men where over estimating the attractiveness of muscular males due to a study that concluded the amount of male models in magazines increasing from 3 percent to 35 percent in 20 years. Right…