Super 8 Movie

[quote]JaseHxC wrote:

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Spoiler***

How was the plot unclear? The alien crash-landed and wanted to go home. The air force captured it and did not allow it to do so. The way I saw it was that the alien was building a giant magnet so that all of those cube things would be pulled to the area and he could re-create his ship. As for capturing people, it looked like it was just storing food in that way.

I liked the movie, I thought the kids were played well. Thank god they actually said “shit” and “pussy” and didn’t act all G-rated.

But yah, head on collision with a train and you live? Righhhhtttttttt. That part did annoy the fuck outta me.
[/quote]

Spoiler

Plus, he was the only black character in the movie…that alone should have secured his death even as an innocent bystander observing the wreck. Fake ass movie…[/quote]

Spoiler lol

I thought it was incredibly stupid how they chose to off the guy as well. Injecting some radioactive/biohazard chemical into his IV causing instant death is the best they could come up with?

who didn’t like The Mist? great movie, that’s the one with the people in the grocery store right?

I didn’t like The Mist because I think the ending tried way too hard to be tough and “real” but just seemed lazy.
It was also silly to have the army show up seemingly minutes after!

I liked how Mist and Cloverfield ended. I’m sick of all these happy endings in movies.

It’s not that I don’t mind a depressing ending, but to me “The Mist” kind of ened with somebody doing something bad with incredibly bad timing so that it sort of comes off looking silly.

UGHH I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE MOVIE BUT I HAVEN’T SEEN IT AND EVERY POST HAS SPOILER

Q_Q

[quote]Nards wrote:
It’s not that I don’t mind a depressing ending, but to me “The Mist” kind of ened with somebody doing something bad with incredibly bad timing so that it sort of comes off looking silly.[/quote]

Yeah, i wasn’t too fond of the ending either. The book ending was better, but isn’t it always.

[quote]
I’m also one of those people who will not watch trailers, because why would I want to see a condensed version of the movie in a 2-minute span? Dumb.[/quote]

What do you do in the movie theater when trailers show? Get head or something?

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]
I’m also one of those people who will not watch trailers, because why would I want to see a condensed version of the movie in a 2-minute span? Dumb.[/quote]

What do you do in the movie theater when trailers show? Get head or something?[/quote]

While I don’t mind watching the trailers, I’d rather receive a blowjob during them.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Spoiler***

How was the plot unclear? The alien crash-landed and wanted to go home. The air force captured it and did not allow it to do so. The way I saw it was that the alien was building a giant magnet so that all of those cube things would be pulled to the area and he could re-create his ship. As for capturing people, it looked like it was just storing food in that way.

I liked the movie, I thought the kids were played well. Thank god they actually said “shit” and “pussy” and didn’t act all G-rated.

But yah, head on collision with a train and you live? Righhhhtttttttt. That part did annoy the fuck outta me.
[/quote]
You summed it up pretty well for me. I liked it too. The kids were great.

I’ve heard some good things about this movie, but the thing that’s keeping me away, other than ticket prices, is J.J. Abrams. I haven’t seen too much of his stuff, but I thought his version of Star Trek was absolutely terrible (although I think I’m the minority in thinking this). I’ll wait until it’s available on Redbox or Netflix.

[quote]Ulty wrote:
I’ve heard some good things about this movie, but the thing that’s keeping me away, other than ticket prices, is J.J. Abrams. I haven’t seen too much of his stuff, but I thought his version of Star Trek was absolutely terrible (although I think I’m the minority in thinking this). I’ll wait until it’s available on Redbox or Netflix.[/quote]
Yeah, i guess i’m a little biased because I liked Star Trek and am a big fan of Lost and Fringe.