Super 14 Thread!

Just for Nate

[quote]helga wrote:
Gregatron wrote:
Well I was wrong…

Respect to the Brumbies.

Thank God I wasnt. I dont think that I could stand my team being the first to lose to the newest team in the league. Dont get me wrong, I hope the Force do alright, just not as good as the brumbies.[/quote]

Bulls Vs Brumbies this friday. Want to venture any guesses?
My bet is it’s going to be close, but the Bulls will take it.
The Bulls have a huge homeground advantage but they would be stupid to discount the Brumbies.

The Canes will use there own Force tommorow night and hopefully do not resume there previous ways of knocking over the big guns and being beaten by the lesser teams.

Mitchells first S14 game in nz not the team he would like to face first up here.

[quote]LastRep wrote:

The Canes will use there own Force tommorow night and hopefully do not resume there previous ways of knocking over the big guns and being beaten by the lesser teams.

Mitchells first S14 game in nz not the team he would like to face first up here.[/quote]

whats your prediction?
I think all sides coached by Mitchell share a few things in common but the canes are a class act when the y want to be. Havent seen a super 14 (12) match in a while. No sky TV :frowning:

you guys feel free to jump in and comment on the 6 nations fellas. Good or bad!!

[quote]supermick wrote:

whats your prediction?
I think all sides coached by Mitchell share a few things in common but the canes are a class act when the y want to be. Havent seen a super 14 (12) match in a while. No sky TV :frowning:

you guys feel free to jump in and comment on the 6 nations fellas. Good or bad!![/quote]

Your correct there his forward play is good he runs on the side of having a fast 7 and a big 6, something the ozzies and england do. Where as, we are not as big, but look to be more mobile and faster to the breakdown.

But with Jerry, Rodney and Chris Masoe it is a pretty big back three.

Prediction if it is to be the canes year then they have too hammer teams like the force and on paper it is our year so by 20.

But as a good canes supporter I have been saying that since back to Lomu, Cullen days etc.

[quote]LastRep wrote:
supermick wrote:

whats your prediction?

you guys feel free to jump in and comment on the 6 nations fellas. Good or bad!!

Your correct there his forward play is good he runs on the side of having a fast 7 and a big 6, something the ozzies and england do. Where as, we are not as big, but look to be more mobile and faster to the breakdown.

But with Jerry, Rodney and Chris Masoe it is a pretty big back three.

Prediction if it is to be the canes year then they have too hammer teams like the force and on paper it is our year so by 20.

But as a good canes supporter I have been saying that since back to Lomu, Cullen days etc.
[/quote]

The back row combo is a good spot - just curious - who played with mitchell in the waikato back row of the late 80’s/early 90’s?
that is an awesome back 3.
Its only 15 or so months until the 07 world cup. How do you think your shaping up?
whos gonna be skipper?

Its good seeing sides build, a 6 nations victory for us (England) isnt necessary this year however you HAVE to win one in a world cup year to stand a chance imo.

Super 14 Final tomorrow night.

Two kiwi teams, Crusaders and The Hurricanes.

I do not think it is going to be a spectacle, with lots of trys and a running game.

More likely a slugfest, Crusaders are putting there biggest pack forward to match the Canes.

Also it could be wet but as staunch canes fan this is our first final so wet or dry the canes are going to do it.

Go The Canes