SupaAlienMuscle

I tried that before and my knees would hurt. Do you think it was because I had them placed in the wrong part of the platform?

Not sure.
The other option is to move your feet further out. More hamstring involvement, probably better transfer to sprinting, and you won’t be able to use as much weight.

Awesome! I will try that next time! Thank you

Sunday:

Squat 10 sets of 3 @ 270 in 12 mins

I did the first 2 sets and 1 on the 3rd set. My knee was hurting so I backed off. I tried to do the hip adductor/abductor machine for strength and maxed out the machine. I am pretty sure that should just be used for hypertrophy. Also did some sled push/pull to make up for lack of squats.

I have really been slacking lately, I am just getting bored with not doing olympic lifts. Couple more weeks and I can get back to it.

Tuesday:

Single Leg Hip Thrust: 10 sets of 1 @ 205 in 12 mins

I did 12 sets in 12 mins on single leg hip thrusts. I am going to stick with this weight until I am more comfortable with the movement but I didn’t have any pain so that’s good.

I did some single leg leg extensions and noticed that one of my legs is stronger than the other. I know that there will most likely always be an imbalance of some kind but this was pretty noticeable. I had the machine set at 75 lbs and was easily able to knock out 10 reps with my right leg and was only able to get 3 with my left. Is this a real problem? I have always felt like my squat should be higher and I am thinking that it might be a muscle imbalance in my quads
 Or am I just a weakling? Either way I am going to try to do more unilateral work.

I also sprinted on a Woodway. Those things are a bit awkward. I wasn’t able to fully open up the taps but I was able to go fast enough to test my shoulder. No pain so I will start sprint training as soon as I finish my law enforcement physical test next week.

Seems significant but I don’t know if that would affect your squat strength.
Any strength differences during the single leg hip thrust?

I didn’t notice any difference but it was my first time doing them single leg. I will hopefully do them again in a few days and report back.

Wednesday:

Squats 10 sets of 1 @ 315 in 12 mins
Leg extension machine 10 sets of 1 @ 75 in 8 mins
Sled push sprints 4-6 25yd @ 90lbs

For squats I did 11 sets and probably could have done 12 but I didn’t go for it for some dumb reason. I just did the weaker left leg on the leg extension machine. I either did 4 or 6 sprints but I can’t remember

Singles on the leg extensions?

My legs seem to be the same size but the left leg is far weaker. My guess is that it is a muscle recruitment issue so I am trying to address that with heavy singles. Is this unsafe for the leg extension machine?

I wouldn’t go heavy on leg extensions and I’ve never heard of anyone going heavy on leg extensions. Seems like unnecessary risk.

Why not something like step-ups or lunges or split squats? Even those I wouldn’t go to singles.

Thursday:

4 x 10 second Woodway sprint 3min rest

Felt good to do some running. Even though I only sprinted for a total of 40 seconds, I certainly felt the lactic build up in my legs. As I progress I will either decrease the rest, increase the sets, or increase the time of the sprinted in future workouts.

Friday:

3 x explosive hip thrusts cluster of 6 @ 205, 1 min rest, pause broad jumps cluster of 6, 3-4 min rest

Was going to do heavy single leg hip thrusts but I just wasn’t feeling it so I switched to an explosive workout with potentiation from the hip thrusts. It felt really good and I think the rest periods were about right because I did not feel fatigued. I did have to give myself a little bit more rest between the broad jumps, 20 seconds worked better than 10. After I made that switch, each jump felt further and further. I will try to have a general measurement next time to make sure.

Monday:

I did the police officer PAT. Max pushups, max situps in 60 seconds, 300m run, and 1.5 mile run. I got max points on everything but the situps.

1 Like

Tuesday:

3 x explosive pause squat cluster of 6 @ 175, 1 min rest, pause squat box jump cluster of 6, 3-4 min rest

I am thinking about taking CT’s Neurotype test. I already found a workout protocol that I love so do I really need to take it? I am not planning on buying a workout or nutrition program so it is more of a curiosity than anything.

Wednesday:

4 x 10 second sprints on Woodway with 2 mins rest
3 x 10 Seated cable rows

Definitely got some lactic from the running but it felt good. I don’t know how much weight I did on the cable rows and I only got 8 on the last set because I was still hurting from the running. I will try to make a note of it next time.

I’ve gained 4 lbs since Wednesday!!! Lots of liquor and food over the course of the last few days. I also haven’t slept well. Going to try to get some rest this weekend and reset.

Monday:

Squats 10 sets of 1 in 12 minutes @ 315
Adductor / Abductor machine
Pushups 30s pause then 10 reps then 2 x 10

Did 12 sets of 1 on squats, the weight felt alright but I felt myself favoring my strong leg. My shoulder felt fine during the pushups which is great but now my knee of my weaker leg hurts. I am considering taking some time off to heal, doing more unilateral work, switching to rack squats, or a mix of the 3. I was looking forward to getting back into olympic lifting but I am not sure if that is a good idea with my knee.

Tuesday:

Single leg hip thrust 10 sets of 1 each in 12 minutes @ 185
Bulgarian split squats 30s pause then 10 reps then 2 x 10 each leg

Hip thrusts are still pretty awkward but I am getting it down. I went down in weight but I think it was because I did heavy squats and hip add/abd machine the day before. Thanks to @vision1 for the split squat recommendation. I was worried my knee would hurt but I felt almost no pain and my quads were really feeling it when I did the sticking point pause. I like that method because I don’t have to do much to set up, I feel like I get just as much of a workout, and I don’t have to worry about balancing weight in my hands or on my back.

1 Like

Wednesday:

4 x 10s Woodway sprint 2 min rest

Legs were really sore so I just did some “sprints” on the woodway. I got some lactic buildup and was breathing really hard. I was going to do some sled pushes but my shoe’s insoles kept scrunching up.

Monday:

AM:
5 x Max velocity fly-in 10m 2-3 min recovery

PM:
Rack Squats 10 x 1 in 12 min @ 265
Adductor Abductor machine 3 x 10
Pushups 2 x 30s pause at sticking point then 10 reps then 10 reps

I felt super fast doing the max velocity sprints! It was amazing to run on a track again. The rack squats were awesome and I don’t think I will go back to the standard squats unless I am maxing for some reason. Shoulder is feeling pretty good but I am going to wait 1 more week to bring back Olympic lifts.