Sunflower Seeds

I’m addicted to sunflower seeds. They are high in fat but low in saturated fat. Are they a good snack choice?

What do you eat when you get hungry at work and need a little snack?

Before anyone can give you an answer they’ll need to know what kind of sun flower seeds you’re talking about. Are you eating strictly the nuts? If so, are they salted/unsalted? Are you popping the roasted shelled? Is it one of those cooky flavors like barbeque, honey roasted, etc?

Sunseeds are an awesome snack and great source of monos in your diet as well as being time consuming making them great for cutting.

I’m a seed freak and eat them daily. If the salt begins to bother you can get the low sodium variety or do as I do and rinse the regular one and dry them in the oven.

seed it up and enjoy,
Phill

Phil is right, seeds rock for cutting. It takes you so long to eat them, you never really overdo it and helps with cravings.
Just make sure you eat them like a man (big handful in mouth) and not one at a time like some little girl!

[quote]Phill wrote:
Sunseeds are an awesome snack and great source of monos in your diet as well as being time consuming making them great for cutting.

I’m a seed freak and eat them daily. If the salt begins to bother you can get the low sodium variety or do as I do and rinse the regular one and dry them in the oven.

seed it up and enjoy,
Phill[/quote]

Phil:

You ever try Pumpkin seeds?

I have been eating pumpkin seeds and peanuts both with the shell during my current attempt at a quality diet and I really like the shells, but not with sunflower seeds. Are the shells of pumpkin seeds and peanuts good for you?

Zeb, yes

I love them as well and can be even more time consuming to shell. LOL.

Used to roast them as a kid around halloween.

I do beleive they are a great source of CLA if I am not mistaken. ??

Either way, yup another great seed.

Ltr,
Phill