Sundanceatm Blog

Hi, my name is Danny. Its not many days ago since I found T-Nation. And i have to say “thank god”.

I considered myself almost as an advanced bodybuilder, but after reading some of the articles here at T-Nation.com. I must say i am very impressed.

Enough talk, now i have some facts to publish.

Name: Danny
Weight: 73± kg.
Fat%: Dont know yet.
Height: 173cm.

Benchpress 1RM: 80kg
Squat 1RM: 100kg
Deathlift: Dont know yet.

I have trained on/off for about 2 years.

But the last months i am becoming more and more serious about my training and nutrition. My long distance goal is to be a competitive bodybuilder.

So, maybe i should get my nutrition and training in place before that.

I read the article:
“7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs” by John M. Barardi here at T-Nation.com

And i must say i like the article very well. Because i think its a good approach to first make some simple rules to follow, and then with time begin to go more and more in details. Like individualized training/nutrition programs.

In the past i always thought i could do it like a pro. in one week. But i can’t, it takes time and hard work. I know that now.

One step at a time.

So i said to myself, i dont want to go to the gym before i master the 7 rules from the article, which is as follows:

“1. Eat every 2-3 hours, no matter what. You should eat between 5-8 meals per day.
2. Eat complete (containing all the essential amino acids), lean protein with each meal.
3. Eat fruits and/or vegetables with each food meal.
4. Ensure your carbohydrate intakes comes from fruits and vegetables. Exception: workout and post-workout drinks and meals.
5. Ensure that 25-35% of your energy intake comes from fat, with your fat intake split equally between saturates (e.g. animal fat), monounsaturates (e.g. olive oil), and polyunsaturates (e.g. flax oil, salmon oil.).
6. Drink only non-calorie containing beverages, the best choices being water and green tea.
7. Eat mostly whole foods (excerpt workout and post-workout drinks).”

So i think i will take a week off and make a training schedule and all that stuff.

I also found a very good training article, which i think i will follow:

“Total-Body Training” by Chad Waterbury.

I think if i combine theese approaches i will have a good starting point.

But see ya, hope soon to come with some results.

Regards

Danny