Sumo for Hypertrophy?

What do you think of doing low-rep Sumo deadlifts for hypertrophy.

I’ve been thinking of alternating Sumo’s and Trapbar Deadlifts, but I have never heard of guys doing Sumos for hypertrophy/mass building.

Is it safe do for multiple sets of 3-5 reps, I am wondering if puts weird stress on your knees…I have already had one meniscus repair.

HIYYYYAAAAAAAAAAA!

I usually do sumo, probably 3/4 of the time. I have always had form problems with conventinal when the weight goes up, but sumo feels natural and strong for me.

yeah, I know plenty of guys with big strong backs and legs from using mostly sumo.

Reps and conventional deadlifting go together like oil and water, so I’d say the sumo is probably be better for hypertrophy for its respective muscle groups than anything but maybe wide squatting.

Let us know how it works for you.

Snatch Grips deadlifts are a personal favorite of mine. They really hit the glutes. I do like sumo as well though

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Reps and conventional deadlifting go together like oil and water, so I’d say the sumo is probably be better for hypertrophy for its respective muscle groups than anything but maybe wide squatting.

Let us know how it works for you.
[/quote]

I’t might be a while 'till I get around to buying an olympic bar…I’m just asking for future reference.

I love sumo deadlifts! I use traditional and trap bar deads as well, but sumo make up the bulk of my pulling. Similar parameters to others here- I keep them at 8 x 3 or 6 x 4. I think they are great for hypertrophy.

you guys have covinced me.

I am going to try some tonight,

I have a sturdy 7’ standard bar I can use…until it bends.