Sumo Deadlift Form Critique

whats up guys i just switched from pulling conventional to sumo about 3 weeks ago. It’s still fairly new to me. Give me some feed back on my form please.

585 felt like 135 and 655 felt pretty light in my hands and had decent speed coming off the ground. i think i was probably gassed by that point from squatting 895 beforehand

Thanks

It looked good to me, I wish I had more of a critque to give you…What are you pulling conventional? Liked the cues “grip…back…pull”

Looked good to me. I havent pulled sumo in 2 years. Gonna do a cycle of it now since my back is a bit effed.

Why the switch?

[quote]666Rich wrote:
Looked good to me. I havent pulled sumo in 2 years. Gonna do a cycle of it now since my back is a bit effed.

Why the switch?[/quote]

I made the switch for a few reasons.

The first was because i got a new pair of briefs. The metal Jack ones, you can see the ugly orange sticking out of my suit. i tried pulling conventional in them and it just wasn’t gonna happen. it took way too much energy to get down. i just kinda tried switching it up and it didn’t feel bad. this day was the first time i ever pulled in my squat suit and i think i’ll actually be able to get something out of my gear pulling sumo.

I’ve pulled 675 conventional. I think i can get well over 7 pulling sumo once i get used to it.

Thanks for your input guys

must be nice to say 585 felt like 135 lol good work dude

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
must be nice to say 585 felt like 135 lol good work dude[/quote]

Thanks man it’s not bad lol but i have a long way to go.

I have no experience lifting with gear, but your form looked solid to me and I focus more on sumo than conventional. Even though I train with both, I’m going to pull sumo at my meet. Good job, though.