Summer Workout Plans

Hello everyone i am 16 years old ive been weight training for not that long maybe almost a year and this summer im making a solid home gym in my garage.

I am 210lbs 6"0 tall and my goals are to lose fat and keep strength

I am not sure what my body fat % is but im not outrageously fat. Just a bit :slight_smile:

What i am wondering is if i was to workout 3 times a week and i am willing to buy any supplements that are needed

im really interested in changing my diet which is already pretty good but im planning on going all out this summer

a major question is do i need to take Biotest BCAA if i am planning on using Surge

any other tips on a weightlifting routine for my goals or any nutrition advice would be greatly appreciated

i look forward to your help and i hope i can get on track with my goals

Id check out the beginner forum and the threads Pinned at the top pick a solid program that fits your schedule and bust you butt. As for the BCAA’s and Surge Id have to say Not yet on the BCAA’s fix the diet. Use the extra cash for more food and protein Like Metabolic Drive etc to make it easier to get your protein in.

Phill

The number one thing you need to do before you buy ANY SUPPLEMENTS is a…

GYM MEMBERSHIP!!!

For god’s sake don’t put all your money into tons of supplements and work out in your garage!
There’s no way you will be able to get the same kind of workout there as you would in a great gym unless Chad Waterbury is training with you.

Well, let me rephrase that. There’s a slim chance that the average 16 year old beginner will have the knowledge to be able to build the kind of gym he needs for the best gains in his garage.

A gym membership is a million times more important than buying supplements.
Being in that environment, around others who are working out hard, access to equipment, unlimited weight.

I understand if it’s a transportation issue, but really, it should be your top priority after getting a solid nutrition plan together (FOOD).
Ride a bike there, bum a ride, bus, use the gym at school…something.

In order of importance:
1-Gym Membership
2-Nutrition
3-Sleep
4-Supplements

Hey guys my dad knows a owner of a gym and hes going to get the equiptment that i need once i make my plan

i have a drive to train hard im not lazy and my diet is good and i love eating well and im not going to be lazy thats all im saying.

buy i apreciate the guidance towards getting a gym membership

don’t worry about supplements, except maybe some cheap whey protein for a post work out shake.

when you are done lifting weights, drink the whey as soon as possible. your muscles are more ready than ever to take the protein, which will increase your strength and muscle size.

you really don’t need anything else at your age and level of lifting.your body will get strong as quickly as the more experienced lifters want when they use supplements and you don’t really need to worry about supplementing until you start hitting plateaus, but that won’t be for awhile, certainly not in one summer.

three days a week is ok as long as you are getting a good work out in. that doesn’t mean curls, calf raises etc. though not bad, they are not what you need to concentrate on.

i do a three day lifting program during the summer too, on the non lifting days i do cardio.

here is my plan, it may work for you:

4 sets, 10 reps on each

week 1 and 2 (each month)

1. Squats

2. Bench Press

3. Barbell Lunges

4. Incline Bench Press

5. Dumbell Rows

6. Shoulder Press

7. Dumbell Curls

8. Lateral Raises

week 2 and 3

1. Dead lift

2. Dumb Bell Fly

3. Bent over Bar Bell Row

4. Dips

5. Shoulder Press

6. Tricep extensions

7. Chin Ups

8. Bar Bell curls

I keep a log from month to month to start at the weight i was last using on each.

for cardio i alternate running, mt. biking, jump rope, plyometrics or even basketball tournaments, racquetball etc with friends.

be careful with the lifting, especially squats and deadlifts. make sure you have people spotting you.

do this, eat decent food and you’ll get stronger, bigger and lose fat at the same time.

[quote]bearsfan44 wrote:
Hey guys my dad knows a owner of a gym and hes going to get the equiptment that i need once i make my plan
i have a drive to train hard im not lazy and my diet is good and i love eating well and im not going to be lazy thats all im saying.
buy i apreciate the guidance towards getting a gym membership[/quote]

Well, if your dad knows the owner of a gym why can’t he get you a great discount to work out at the gym?

Wasn’t calling you lazy at all, man.
Don’t think i was saying that, it’s clear you aren’t lazy.

All i’m saying is it’s far more practical, cost effective and you’ll see better results if you have a gym membership than trying to create your own gym.

You’re going to get stronger…you’re body is going to get used to the limited exercises you’ll be able to do in your garage…etc.

You’re going to have to buy more and more plates…you will have no access to machines, cables, leg presses, heavy dumbells, etc.

Also psychologically you will do much better being around other weightlifters and be in a gym environment than alone in your garage with the lawn mower.

(and i know all this because i tried to do it myself a million years ago when i was 13…and wasted a lot of money on home equipment before i grew out of it and got a membership)