T Nation

Summer Training

in summer i feel like it’s almost a torture when working out becouse you can’tlift like you used to be or can’t eat like you are used to be and you keep losin weight!!damn i miss winters !! i can’t go to gym more than two days a week expeccially on july and aougust! do you guys think that it’s enough for minimal muscle loose

Hell, if your diet/cutting in the summer then your doing it too late man! Start in theh spring; so your cut for the summer, then all you have to do is maintain.

Lifting 2x a week in the summer, egh…i’d say 3 is minimal; but its 2 more times then most of the fat-asses ya see on a daily basis. Your still ahead of the curve man!

Just make the 2 days count, don’t puss out on anything.

[quote]propane_sk wrote:
in summer i feel like it’s almost a torture when working out becouse you can’tlift like you used to be or can’t eat like you are used to be and you keep losin weight!!damn i miss winters !! i can’t go to gym more than two days a week expeccially on july and aougust! do you guys think that it’s enough for minimal muscle loose[/quote]
In July/August if you want to lift 3 days a week and bulk-up, I only do 4 or 5 compound exercises per workout.
Squat
DL or RDL or BB Row
Flat Bench Press or Close Grip Bench Press
Military Press or Incline Bench Press
BB Curls or Hammer Curls
Decline Sit-ups (weighted)
I gained 15 lbs of muscle in 7 to 8 weeks lifting with this routine 3 days a week consuming 3000 to 3500 calories a day.
Height 6’ 1" 185 cm
Weight 150 lbs/68kg to 165 lbs/75kg
Age 36

wooow great gains comppound exercises seem logical

Summers kill me,when I got hot my blood sugar drops very low and I get dizzy and get headaches(which I never get unless it drops)so I tend to eat/drink sugar…but yea i find it hard to workout and eat anything at all,i hate food right now