Summer Cutting

Do you think Waterbury summer project accompanied with the T-dawg 2.0 diet will be too detrimental to muscle? I like the intensity of the regimen and it seems possible to maintain muscle, maybe even increase with the diet guidelines. But I definitely don’t want to spend those 8 weeks losing hard earned mass.

[quote]Defekt wrote:
VON_Ballack wrote:
That doesn’t even make sense. It sounds like you regurgitated what 3-4 different people have said in the past.

Someone else mentioned HITT, yes. And it should be a staple in anybody’s training if they want to keep lean muscle mass while dropping fat when working towards a deadline.

As for the movements I recommended, not only will the OP find them useful but they’re important ones to train.

Now, are you going to be useful for the OP and maybe ‘make sense’ of anything I haven’t cleared up, or maybe suggest some ideas of your own?

The fact that you told him to focus on time under tension, and the speed of the bar at the same time is completly ass backwards. The two methods are basically opposite of eachother. I guess just for kicks you told him to throw in heavy weight too.

You didn’t actually clear anything up, so if youd be willing to clarify how one would focus on lifting heavy, time under tension, and the speed of the bar all at the same time please go ahead and clear that up.

[/quote]
Ok I will clear that up. I’ve trained with some paddlers before who would use the following routine leading up to a qualifier for Nationals - and they definitely ‘peaked’ by that point:

recall I said do the following 2-3 times a week:
Chin-ups
Dips
Inverted row
Benching
Push press or military press

Here’s the method:

Week 1
Training Day 1: time under tension, training for hypertrophy (ex: 65%-85% of 1RM)

Training Day 2: maximum load day (90%- your 1RM)

Training Day 3: speed work (55%-65% of 1RM)
and so on for the 3-4 weeks…

I appologize if you took that as all that the same time. Obviously that’s not possible during a given set. It made sense in my head but I guess it didn’t read well!
I believe a solid routine will incorporate different components of strength. Not to mention you won’t get as bored, and you’ll realize what works best for you for specific goals.

you should start cutting after a year of nothing but wide grip pullups and heavy bent over rows.