Summer Concerts!

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
-311 w/ Matisyahu
[/quote]

I just saw Matisyahu on Tuesday. It was a good show. It wasn’t great and I wasn’t blown away, but I was entertained and had a good time. At times he did get a little preachy, but I guess that comes with the artist.

If you ever get a chance to see Killswitch Engage, jump on it. They are great.

Summer Slaughter - Necrophagist, Decapitated, Arsis

[quote]NeilMc wrote:
You really cannot beat europe for festivals Off to see Muse, Daft Punk and the Klaxons next week[/quote]

Europe has great festivals, its true…T in the Park etc, but the US has the equivalent with its Coachella Music Festival and Bonnaroo…alot of the same bands play all of the above.

I got to see Muse in a small theatre, they put on a great show.

[quote]engerland66 wrote:
I’m seeing the White Stripes in July- can’t wait.[/quote]

I hope you have a better experience than I did, I saw them last year,. headlining (two other bands opened, Coheed and Cambria and somebody else I cant recall)…Anyghey, The White Stripes played for about a half hour, which is piss poor for a headlining act or otherwise. There seemed to be an issue with Meg, I suspect it was tequila related.

I was severely let down, and left feeling ripped off. The fraction of the show they played was up to par though. I’d pay ONE more time to see them, I like them enough to excuse the one folly.

I’m listening to the new album just now, and its delivering the goods I was expecting.

Tool last night was incredible. Danny Carey is a god.

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
NeilMc wrote:
You really cannot beat europe for festivals Off to see Muse, Daft Punk and the Klaxons next week

Europe has great festivals, its true…T in the Park etc, but the US has the equivalent with its Coachella Music Festival and Bonnaroo…alot of the same bands play all of the above.

I got to see Muse in a small theatre, they put on a great show.

engerland66 wrote:
I’m seeing the White Stripes in July- can’t wait.

I hope you have a better experience than I did, I saw them last year,. headlining (two other bands opened, Coheed and Cambria and somebody else I cant recall)…Anyghey, The White Stripes played for about a half hour, which is piss poor for a headlining act or otherwise. There seemed to be an issue with Meg, I suspect it was tequila related.

I was severely let down, and left feeling ripped off. The fraction of the show they played was up to par though. I’d pay ONE more time to see them, I like them enough to excuse the one folly.

I’m listening to the new album just now, and its delivering the goods I was expecting.
[/quote]

Wow, that sucks. From what I’ve heard and seen (on youtube), they (read: Jack) are capable of putting on a great show. The new album is definitely delivering the goods, too.

Stripes, July 23rd

I would really want to see Tool live though.

Less Than Jake/Reel Big Fish plus Warped Tour (Sum 41 and Ludo are my favorites) in the middle of August.

The Used in September.

This month in Buffalo we have Wynonna and Meatloaf. That’s about it. I’ll Pass

In August Hawthorne Heights…superb.

Appears all we have until September is emo bands, and Hatebreed, oh and Disney’s High School Musical too.

I hate this town.

Placebo, John Legend, Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Arcade Fire, Bjork and many more will all be coming my way this summer…

Thank god for Open Air Festivals!

Anybody get to Sounds of the Underground this year?

Just went yesterday in Sayerville, NJ. Was excited for Shadows Fall and they were good but not great; I’ve seen them play better. Acacia Strain surprised me, they might’ve put on the best performance, they were moving the crowd more than any other band- pit was nuts.

Devil Wears Prada was a pleasant surprise, I had never heard them before but they were good. The Number 12 Looks Like You basically got booed off the stage as did the “death rapper” Necro. Every Time I Die was pretty sick too.

Speaking of Shadows Fall, I like their new single “Redemption”. I would like to get into them more so what songs do you suggest I get by them?

[quote]mike402 wrote:
Speaking of Shadows Fall, I like their new single “Redemption”. I would like to get into them more so what songs do you suggest I get by them?[/quote]

I think “The Idiot Box” is really good and so is “Destroyer of Senses”. “The War Within” is their best CD I think.

I will be attending my first ever country concert in a few weeks (this one is for my GF who is a huuuuge fan): Kenny Chesney stadium concert (Gillette). And I will admit it… I’m actually looking forward to it.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
I will be attending my first ever country concert in a few weeks (this one is for my GF who is a huuuuge fan): Kenny Chesney stadium concert (Gillette). And I will admit it… I’m actually looking forward to it.[/quote]

Kenny Chesney is supposed to be a hell of a performer. I’ve never heard a bad review about his shows, the only thing I don’t like is that he tends to play stadium shows and I don’t like being that far away but it would still probably be cool. Definitely on my list of guys to see.

I’m seeing Toby Keith at the Delaware State Fair and Brad Paisley at the Tweeter Center in Camden. Both should be pretty cool. And yes I am still the same guy who went to SOTU on Saturday… I have varied tastes.

Going to The Police tomorrow night. my favorite concert as of late has been Sammy Hagar’s summer tour but he decided not to tour this Summer and is now coming to Detroit in November. I guess better late than never. Mostly old school for me though. I used to to work security @ DTE music theater back in the day and I had my fair share of OzzFest, Hank Williams, and NIN-Tool slugfests…lol.

At long last…Alice In Chains, August 14th. No interferences, no excuses. I’m there. (Velvet Revolver sucks.)

Volunteer Jam w/Charlie Daniels, Outlaws, and Marshall Tucker. Pretty good show. Lots of hillbillies, which are always fun to watch.

I’m seeing Toby Keith in August.

is anyone going to Ozzfest this year? or should I say FreeFest?

ACL Fest coming up in September. That’s still summer in Texas.

2 gallons of sunblock
3 Days
130 Bands