Summer Bulking Up Plan

hi, im looking to bulk up in the summer (Cant right now due to track=excessive running/working out) so in the summer i plan to lift well and eat more, this is my rough plan i havent had the chance to go into detail, critiques welcome, thank you.

the picture is me now (flexing)–>189 lbs

Week 1: 2445 calories
Meal 1: (360 calories) ? cup oats in skim milk, 1 scoop whey, multivitamin
Meal 2: (360 calories)- 30 g protein +
Meal 3: (360 calories) ? 30 g protein +
Meal 4: - 60 g whey, 100 g simple carbs PWO
Meal 5: (360 calories) - 30 g protein +
Meal 6: Dinner (360 calories) - 30 g protein +

Week 2: 2645 calories
Meal 1: (400 calories) - ? cup oats in skim milk, 1 scoop whey, multivitamin
Meal 2: (400 calories) - 30 g protein +
Meal 3: (400 calories) - 30 g protein +
Meal 4: 60 g whey, 100 g simple carbs PWO
Meal 5: (400 calories) ? 30 g protein +
Meal 6: Dinner (400 calories) ? 30 g protein +

Week 3: 2845 calories
Meal 1: (440 calories) - ? cup oats in skim milk, 1 scoop whey, multivitamin
Meal 2: (440 calories) - 30 g protein +
Meal 3: (440 calories) - 30 g protein +
Meal 5: (440 calories) ? 30 g protein +
Meal 6: Dinner (440 calories) ? 30 g protein +

Week 4: 3045 calories
Meal 1: (480 calories) - ? cup oats in skim milk, 1 scoop whey, multivitamin
Meal 2: (480 calories) - 30 g protein +
Meal 3: (480 calories) - 30 g protein +
Meal 5: (480 calories) ? 30 g protein +
Meal 6: Dinner (480 calories) ? 30 g protein +

Week 5: 3245 calories
Meal 1: (520 calories) - ? cup oats in skim milk, 1 scoop whey, multivitamin
Meal 2: (520 calories) - 30 g protein +
Meal 3: (520 calories) - 30 g protein +
Meal 5: (520 calories) ? 30 g protein +
Meal 6: Dinner (520 calories) ? 30 g protein +

Week 6: 3445calories
Meal 1: (560 calories) - ? cup oats in skim milk, 1 scoop whey, multivitamin
Meal 2: (560 calories) - 30 g protein +
Meal 3: (560 calories) - 30 g protein +
Meal 5: (560 calories) ? 30 g protein +
Meal 6: Dinner (560 calories) ? 30 g protein +

Week 7: 3645calories
Meal 1: (600 calories) - ? cup oats in skim milk, 1 scoop whey, multivitamin
Meal 2: (600 calories) - 30 g protein +
Meal 3: (600 calories) - 30 g protein +
Meal 5: (600 calories) ? 30 g protein +
Meal 6: Dinner (600 calories) ? 30 g protein +

Bulking Training- 8 to 25 reps, 4 sets
Monday- Chest/ Calves/ Abs
Tuesday- Deltoids/Traps
Wednesday- Back/Abs
Thursday- Quads/Calves/Hams
Friday- Biceps/Triceps/Forearms
Saturday- run moderate jog pace 45 min
Sunday- HIIT (20 min. 30 sec. sprint/20 sec. rest

Monday: Chest/Calves/Abs
Bench Press
Incline Bench Press/ Incline DB Flyes
Dips/ Cable Crossovers
Barbell Calf raises (20 reps each set)
Seated Calf raises (20 reps each set)
Rope crunches/hanging leg raises (20 reps each set)
Decline Twisting weighted crunch (20 reps each set)

Tuesday: Deltoids/Traps
Standing barbell press
Military DB press
Side DB raises/ Front DB raises
Facepulls/ Upright Rows
BB Shrugs
DB Shrugs/ Clean and Press

Wednesday: Back/Abs
Deadlifts
Wide-grip Pull-ups
Barbell rows
Lat-Pulldowns/Seated Cable rows
One arm DB rows/ Rope crunches (20 reps each set)
Decline Twisting weighted crunch/ Hanging leg raises (20 reps each set)

Thursday: Quads/Calves/Hams
Squats
Front Squats
Leg curls/Leg extensions
Barbell Calf raises (20 reps each set
Seated Calf raises (20 reps each set)
Stiff-Led Deads

Friday: Biceps/Triceps/Forearms
Barbell curls/CGB
Alt. DB Curls/ Dips
EZ bar 21s/ Skull crushers
Hammer curls/Wrist up curls
One arm Machine curls/ Rope attachment pushdowns

Saturday- run moderate jog pace 45 min
Sunday- HIIT (20 min. 30 sec. sprint/20 sec. rest)

oh by the way, im 189 lbs.

If you weigh 189 and you want to bulk, then I think you are starting way to low with the calories. Around 2500 calories is probably what someone your size should be cutting with, not starting a bulk with.

I think you have the right idea towards the end. The numbers you stated in week 6 and 7 are probably where you should be starting from. Also, I think you should stick with a calorie range for at least two weeks before adjusting it further. You might find that 3500 is not enough, but you won’t know until you eat that amount for a little while and then re-evaluate later. It’s likely that most will say that even that amount is not enough to start with if you plan on bulking.

I’m I also guessing correctly that you are a Star Wars fan?

hahaha ever since i played jedi knights II on my computer off some burned disc cortosis stuck in my mind as a name no one would use for sns so i guess haha…

Holy crap, man! I mean, I’ll give you kudos for such an elaborate plan. It’s not all that difficult.

For the meals - eat eggs and some carbs for breakfast. Then eat a couple PB&J’s. Then eat some chicken with veggies, then some tuna and veggies, then some turkey and veggies. Pre-workout, eat some cottage cheese. PWO shake then some yoghurt with oatmeal and protein powder, then a nice little milk/protein shake before bed. Sure, you may not get all that in at this time, but you’ll work into it. Supplement some extra virgin olive oil and fish caps…

By the way, why do you want to bulk up? How much do you want to gain?

In the beginning, I wanted the elaborate plan for the gym… I’ve come to realize that simple exercises gets you most for your buck. All the isolation exercises are for tone, not for bulking. Cut out all the flys and crap. Stick with basic moves for 12 weeks, varying the speed and reps and sets… The basic moves are: overhead barbell press; pull ups and chin ups; incline/flat dumbbell presses; squat and most important deadlift. You did say bulk, right? These will get you thick, not tone. Your pic already show tonality. Most of all, go to the gym with a basic plan. I got tired just reading your plan.

Dude, that is ridiculous, just stick to Protein+carb or Protein+fat for your meals 80% of the time and eat 4000 calories. Pick out a program from this site, I think you’d be far better off with any of Chad Waterbury’s programs than with the one you have.

And the guy who mentioned toning vs. bulking…
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TONING, there’s bulking and there’s cutting.

Bulking adds muscle, cutting exposes the muscle, creating a “toned” look if you must call it that. You do look toned…but it’s because you have low body fat.

I agree with his point though, stay away from isolation movements other than maybe glute-ham raises and really useful things like that.

Congrats, you look pretty muscular, what are your goals?

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
If you weigh 189 and you want to bulk, then I think you are starting way to low with the calories. Around 2500 calories is probably what someone your size should be cutting with, not starting a bulk with.

I think you have the right idea towards the end. The numbers you stated in week 6 and 7 are probably where you should be starting from. Also, I think you should stick with a calorie range for at least two weeks before adjusting it further. You might find that 3500 is not enough, but you won’t know until you eat that amount for a little while and then re-evaluate later. It’s likely that most will say that even that amount is not enough to start with if you plan on bulking.

I’m I also guessing correctly that you are a Star Wars fan?[/quote]

Luke!
I am your father!!!

Hell yeah! Starwars is the best.
Let out the inner nerd within.
I actually have a real stormtrooper suit made of fiber glass(just like the ones in the movie).It’s hard as hell.

[quote]cortosis42 wrote:
oh by the way, im 189 lbs.[/quote]

NO shit, you stated that in your first post. And btw, your full of shit. Your in no hells way 189. MOre like 170, and that’s a big if. Stand on the scale & take a pic.

[quote]BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:

NO shit, you stated that in your first post. And btw, your full of shit. Your in no hells way 189. MOre like 170, and that’s a big if. Stand on the scale & take a pic.

[/quote]

i strongly second.

[quote]vizunaldth wrote:
BRUCELEEWANNABE wrote:

i strongly second.[/quote]

well i could see him weighing that much if he were 6’2 or something like that. Just give him the benefit of the doubt.

Nice bathroom.

[quote]CloseGrip wrote:
Nice bathroom.[/quote]

No shit. Look at the jacuzzi bathtub. I’m jelous. Suprised noone mentioned this yet but cut down the cardio if not completly out. Only do it if you’re gaining more fat than muscle which you should modify your diet altogether if thats the case. The elaborate diet is good but save the fine tuning for a contest cutting phase. Just find your proper calorie intake and exceed it by 500-1000 daily. Again stick with quality food in large quantitys.

I hope you’re only doing 1-2 sets per exercise or you’re definately gonna overtrain or probably allready are with track. Gets lots of rest pref. 10-12 hrs. a nite. Good luck and keep goin. Don’t get discouraged when your abs start to blur.