T Nation

Summer Blast and Coming Off 2 Years of Tren

2 Likes

Like that song

1 Like

Yes but i ask specific for creatinine now…

Up above:

Take a look at that post that reviews creatinine vs Cystatin-C:

Conclusions

This study showed that muscle mass affects serum and urinary creatinine but not cystatin C; therefore, the use of cystatin may represent a more adequate alternative to assess renal function in healthy individuals with higher muscle mass and potential mild kidney impairment.

Originally I was ribbing @mnben87 , but now I have to gently rib you as well.

I got super confused cuz at first i asked about Creatin Kinase. And only now i mentioned creatinine. But ok, so ck and creatinine are ok to be elevated.
Btw, isnt something similar sometimes with ast/alt? Cant those also be higher for people who train hard?

Yep, I read your mind in the future :-). Yes, same with liver enzymes. Make sure you click the link above so you get the full effect with the picture. The rumor is Ronnie spent 1 hour every day in the literature!

I have a feeling Ronnie is one of those guys that is a lot smarter than he seems. I think he graduated with close to a 4.0 in accounting at one point.

1 Like

Absolutely. The post was not meant to disparage Coleman’s intellect in any way. It was to communicate his modest disgust with those who won’t absorb the vast literature. More papers baby! Ain’t nothing but a peanut!

“Everybody wants to undahstan this stuff, but nobody wants to read no heavy ass papers.”
“ain’t nuthin but a peanut”

• Ronnie Coleman

1 Like

Is there something good for liver also, just like cystatin test for kidneys?

Here’s the main tests. As already discussed, ALT and AST may be slightly elevated just from resistance training. Cliche is the liver is more resilient than heart and kidneys + endothelium which needs to be protected and is critical.

Caution: Slight tangent
In reality, don’t do drugs. Don’t do oral AAS. Don’t do injectable AAS long term. Funny how we are all at different places when it comes to risk. I see dudes on here running 500 mg-1g of gear per week. Others that stick to only injectables. Others just run test at 200-400 mg/week as a healthy cruise.

We are all at various states of delusion as there is no safe AAS usage for vanity purposes. Some are more resilient than others. In your particular case you seem to be doing pretty well judging by the typical numbers we’ve reviewed (RHR, BP, HRR) and your blood work seems to be decent.

As I mentioned in my thread on TRT/TOT, we have no way of tracking long term morphological changes to the heart muscle fibers and look for scarring, etc. You can only get that done once you are dead. Cardiac MRI is not a routine test and very few will run one of those every year. I’m obviously on the extreme of risk continuum as I’m debating even my modest 100 mg/week of TestCyp protocol. Sure I look great but what’s the consequence of running TT levels at 1500 ng/dl peak - 700 ng/dl trough for years for someone who had peak TT levels of 400 ng/dl at 18 years old??? Depends on the individual.

You have poor bastards getting care from TOT doctors who run their patients free T levels to 30+ ng/dl day in and day out. How will that fair after 5, 10, 15 years? For a good fraction of the patients I’m going to go out on a limb and say not well.

Puts a new appreciation on the term supra physiological. The top end of the reference range may be completely inappropriate for an individual but wave the Optimized magic wand and voila, they are fine and dandy! Supermen for a couple of years? I wish there was a way to make AAS abuse (yes includes TOT) safe, but it ain’t.

This is all vanity. I am guilty.

Thanks for the patience. End of my mild rant.

3 Likes