T Nation

Suggestions?

Hey,

I am trying to come up w/ a routine to do on an ‘extra’ training day I have each week. Because of this I am basically trying to decide on something that is fullbody and balanced in its own regard.(ie balanced w/o fitting in the framework of a larger program)
Problem is I am having real troubles coming up with something that fits the bill.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking for something that is a pretty balanced between strength and hypertrophy so I was thinking do a few compound movements then some higher volume accessory work on anything that I want to focus on.

How does something like this look?

4x4-6 Compound Quad Dominant(Squats etc)
4x4-6 Press(BB, DB, Incline, ETC)
4x4-6 Compound Hip Dominant(Partial DL’s, Stiff legged DL’s, ETC)
4x4-6 Back(Chinup, Various rows)

3x8-12 UpperBody Accessory(Whatever is needed; probably rotator cuff or upper back stuff)
3x8-12 LowerBody Accessory(probably something like lunges or leg curls or calf stuff)

3x8-12 Ab work

If anyone has any routines that are pre-fabbed that they think would meet these needs feel free to post a link. Only reason I am trying to come up w/ something myself is because I couldn’t find anything already designed.

Style

Do a search for John Berardi’s original Creation of T-man article. I think he did something like this in the routine he outlined called a metabolic day. It might help.

I use a sled for dragging, bought some kegs for cleaning and pressing/tossing and a tire for flipping (free from a tire dealer… 'bout 450 lbs.) This is surely full body plus it’s fun. It’ll give your traps, posterior chain, shoulders and forearms a hell of a workout!

[quote]derek wrote:
I use a sled for dragging, bought some kegs for cleaning and pressing/tossing and a tire for flipping (free from a tire dealer… 'bout 450 lbs.) This is surely full body plus it’s fun. It’ll give your traps, posterior chain, shoulders and forearms a hell of a workout![/quote]

Ditto.