Suggestions to Kill Soreness

[quote]BodyByGame20 wrote:
Big M. any advice helps man! I appreciate it.

amart57, not only was the Rambo picture boss but so is you Pai-Mei avatar! [/quote]

hahah! it makes me want to grow my beard out, work on my evil laugh and pluck somebody’s eye out. (anybody who doesn’t get that, go watch Kill Bill)

This should work wonders.

Jokes aside I tried Animal Nitro for a bit and it worked pretty good. I had minor soreness at most while taking it, and this was when I was starting and would probably still be physically getting used to working out.

Pictures of pistols and references to Kill Bill! This is the best thread ever.

Animal Nitro? I just might look into that.

Foam rolling…
hurts so good.

BCAA’s, before/after workouts as well as before bed or the late evening.

x2 on the foam rolling

Soreness is caused by protein digesting enzymes ripping apart your muscles. The more trauma you do the more sore you are. Stretching before you workout won’t help. Stretching before you workout will only make you weaker because their will be less tension in your muscles. Stretching after is best. If you can use a hot tub/hot shower after as much as possible you can get rid of delayed onset of muscular soreness. If you can afford it get a professional massage.

Sometimes muscle soreness can be caused by muscle cramping or partial cramping. In order for your muscles to contract a sliver of calcium is sent into the muscle fiber to stiffen it. If an electrical signal isn’t sent to send the calcium out of your muscle the fiber will continue to contract. That is what causes muscle cramping.

Magnesium acts as a counter to Calcium. That is why Magnesium is known as a muscle relaxer. 78% of Americans are deficient in Magnesium, I take between 400 - 800 mg/day of Magnesium in the form of Magnesium Malate.

[quote]danstrongman wrote:
Sometimes muscle soreness can be caused by muscle cramping or partial cramping. In order for your muscles to contract a sliver of calcium is sent into the muscle fiber to stiffen it. If an electrical signal isn’t sent to send the calcium out of your muscle the fiber will continue to contract. That is what causes muscle cramping.
[/quote]

Close enough.

I’ve worked legs for the first time in a month now. Went hard on every set.

The next 3 days I will look like I’ve crapped my pants.

toolshed! you and I are totally in the same pants-crapping boat!

A light non-stressful exercise session using the affected area the day after will get blood to the painful places area and relieve some of the soreness, though not all of it. It’ll definitely shorten the time it lasts.

I’d probably advise some foam rolling, and if you can push or drag something like a light sled, it might go a long way toward reducing delayed onset muscle soreness. Even pushing a plate or two plates stacked together, or pulling them with a rope through the middle would probably work very well, if you have access to such a thing.

Your pain probably won’t last more than a couple of days, and you won’t be as sore in the future, assuming you train consistently - hence the “deal with it” mentality that many other posters are giving you.

I call it the BK protocal…

2 or 3 double cheeseburgers and a large shake IMMEDIATELY upon getting home

about 2500 calories and 100 grams of protien

no , I aint kiddin’

Either you just went back to training, too much volume, and/or your doing a new exercise your not used to(combined with #2). Get good sleep, light foam roll/massage lower body, hot/cold showers after training and whenever as a recovery tool.

Maybe your skirt was too tight?

I’m sorry gonugs, I don’t understand douche…try again in english? :slight_smile:

it was the first time in WEEKS, not my first time ever.
I’ve experience the sore thing before but getting up this morning was like, kind of mind blowingly painful. [/quote]

Never stop training them in the first place, then you will only get sore after really tough workouts.

I’m sorry gonugs, I don’t understand douche…try again in english? :slight_smile: [/quote]

Laugh if you want too, but a tight skirt could be cutting off your circulation.

Seriously though, my DOMS got a lot better when I started using BCAAs and Surge for PWO. Not sure it would work for you though, because of your vagina and all.

See there ya go again…i could almost understand you but your native tongue kicked back in.
Don’t worry, all we have to do is enroll you in an ESL class.

Dude, you totally hurt my feelings. Now I’m all like, dude. :frowning: