T Nation

Suggestions Please!

I am doing The lactic acid training by Charles Poliquin and a T-dawgish type diet while following the 7 steps to clean eating.

To the point, my question is I am trying to do atleast 10-15 min of light cardio on a bike or eliptical to increase or speed the fat loss process…The thing is I just started this lactic acid training and it has left me totaly useless for atleast 3days, my body is so sore…The leg training day left me limping and waddling for 4days…Did I over do it. Should I do the cardio after or not? Is it helping at all?

Thanks

If you keep the cardio LOW intensity. Just moving then it will likely aid recovery by getting blood flow etc to the muscles that you tore the heck up.

Did you over do it?? Yhea and no you’ll adjust just wait if your still hobbling sore. If its minor soreness go ahead and work through it.

one thing i always did/do after running/cycling is a cold water bath for my legs (this is very old runner culture folk wisdom).

fill the tub with water as cold as you possibly can then sit in it (in the summer add lots of ice). The cold does two things: the cold stops further muscle tearing and swelling, and it also forces the muscles to contract thereby flushing the lactic acid and other waste from the muscle.

It’s a cold and somewhat uncomfortable practice, but well worth the 15 minutes of discomfort. You will recover really really quickly.

[quote]ThisIsMyRifle wrote:
I am doing The lactic acid training by Charles Poliquin and a T-dawgish type diet while following the 7 steps to clean eating.

To the point, my question is I am trying to do at least 10-15 min of light cardio on a bike or elliptical to increase or speed the fat loss process…The thing is I just started this lactic acid training and it has left me totally useless for at least 3days, my body is so sore…The leg training day left me limping and waddling for 4days…Did I over do it. Should I do the cardio after or not? Is it helping at all?

Thanks[/quote]

If you’re relatively new, I would perhaps recommend a different program, one that was a little less intense. However I don’t see why you couldn’t continue this program, just back off a little and make sure your are eating enough–are you getting in your post-workout protein drink?

[quote]timmwwaa wrote:
ThisIsMyRifle wrote:

To the point, my question is I am trying to do at least 10-15 min of light cardio on a bike or elliptical to increase or speed the fat loss process…The thing is I just started this lactic acid training and it has left me totally useless for at least 3days, my body is so sore…The leg training day left me limping and waddling for 4days…Did I over do it. Should I do the cardio after or not? Is it helping at all?

Thanks

If you’re relatively new, I would perhaps recommend a different program, one that was a little less intense. However I don’t see why you couldn’t continue this program, just back off a little and make sure your are eating enough–are you getting in your post-workout protein drink?[/quote]

Well I’m not new to working out but have out for about 3months and have a hard time sticking with a program…Never left the gym feeling as if I had a good workout…I also saw that this program was geared towards what I wanted with the results . I DO FEEL AS IF I had a work out when I leave. Hell I can hardly finish the bloody thing…