Suggestions: Meal Plan to Lose Fat

I’m 180 pounds, between 13-14% BF. 24 year old guy, 5’9. I’d like to lose a little fat, but I’m going to concentrate on gaining some muscle mass before I lose any. I think that might be smarter. So I was wondering if you guys could look over what I’ve been eating and tell me what I need to change or add.

Breakfast:
2 cups of egg beater for omelet. 1.5 cups of cooked spinach with turkey sausage and mozz. cheese. 2 Flameouts
1st snack:
I drink a Metabolic Drive Complete shake. 1.5 hours later I drink a regular Metabolic Drive protein shake. 2.5 scoops
Lunch:
2 chicken breasts. Handful of baby carrots. Handful of broc. and handful of salad mix. 1 tablespoon of xtra olive oil and apple cider vinegar. 2 Flameouts
2nd snack:
Exactly the same as the first snack
Work out for an hour. Drinking Surge during the workout
Dinner:
Most of the time its 2 chicken breasts with brown rice, cooked broc. and cauli. with some cooked corn.
Before Bed:
Sometimes if I’m hungry I’ll eat a cup of regular yogurt with a scoop of protein powder with a chopped banana.

I lift 3-4 times a week. 2 days a week I’ll run. I know its not the perfect diet, but its not that expensive. I’m never hungry, but I’m sure it needs a lot of work. I’d be more than grateful for opinions and suggestions. Thanks so much :slight_smile:

Lovemachine

i think you need more healthy and …gasp… saturated fat. eat some beef, whole eggs, coconut oil.

drop the egg beaters, eat whole eggs instead

drop the chicken breast, eat beef, butter, olive oil and cheese instead

you need WAY more fat in your diet

Well, I’m gonna disagree with all the eat a shitload more fat claims, because I have come back to the old mantra that its really just calories in vs. calories out assuming you are choosing good foods. Also, I don’t think muscle loss will be much of a concern till you get to around 10% bf. Of course this is just my opinion.

Do what you do, assess weekly or biweekly, make small changes as necessary.

I’d ditch the banana/yogurt before bed. Get some cottage cheese?!

I would think about increasing the fat a little. Add some EVOO or coconut milk to your shakes and munch on some mixed nuts throughout the day. No need to ditch the chicken, though I would get sick of it pretty damn fast.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Well, I’m gonna disagree with all the eat a shitload more fat claims, because I have come back to the old mantra that its really just calories in vs. calories out assuming you are choosing good foods. Also, I don’t think muscle loss will be much of a concern till you get to around 10% bf. Of course this is just my opinion.

Do what you do, assess weekly or biweekly, make small changes as necessary. [/quote]

It’s my opinion too. I think too many people go overboard on the “healthy fats” thing. Yes, they are essential but do not need to be excessive.