T Nation

Suggested Reading & Program?

Hi I’m 5’ 8" 150lbs, I am interested in getting bigger and in better shape…so it looks like I got some reading to do. What is a good program to start with for a beginner? I am planning on joining a gym that is about 100yards from where I live.

[quote]Biohazard101 wrote:
Hi I’m 5’ 8" 150lbs, I am interested in getting bigger and in better shape…so it looks like I got some reading to do. What is a good program to start with for a beginner? I am planning on joining a gym that is about 100yards from where I live.[/quote]

you know there are f’in stickies right at the top of this forum. They are there for a #$%@in reason. Read them.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Biohazard101 wrote:
Hi I’m 5’ 8" 150lbs, I am interested in getting bigger and in better shape…so it looks like I got some reading to do. What is a good program to start with for a beginner? I am planning on joining a gym that is about 100yards from where I live.

you know there are f’in stickies right at the top of this forum. They are there for a #$%@in reason. Read them.[/quote]

Settle down tough guy. OP: read the beginner’s thread, and also investigate Bill Starr’s 5x5 and its variations. The best way (of course not the only way) to build a base of strength.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for your help and kindness Ramo. I think I’m going to start with this program called “Westside for Skinny Bastards.”

That’s probly a good choice…just work hard and give it time. Remember that more weight on the bar + more food in your mouth = more muscle on your body.