T Nation

Suggest a Routine for Me

I want to cut and am looking for suggestions on a routine you think I should do.

I’m about 245 lbs right now but too much fat around the middle. I’m 38.

360 muscle

p90x? gets you lean babeh!

uh, i have no idea if this is a parody thread or something since nards is a respected guy around here. this seems like one of the beginner threads.

No, I’m serious in that I’ll use a routine someone suggests if I like the sound of it.

And thanks for saying I’m respected!

[quote]Nards wrote:
I want to cut and am looking for suggestions on a routine you think I should do.

I’m about 245 lbs right now but too much fat around the middle. I’m 38.[/quote]

Well hommie, you should know that you have to either eat less or burn more to lose weight. The routine is dependent on the diet, your detailed physique goal, and your time frame to accomplish that goal.

I’m eating quite well, and that is what I’m focusing more on.

I know that diet is your day job and the exercise is like work you do under the table a few times a week.

I’m not 20 anymore so I think I need 2 days off a week at least, but I’m open to suggestions on exercises, sets and reps , complexes I should do and cardio.

[quote]Nards wrote:
I’m eating quite well, and that is what I’m focusing more on.

I know that diet is your day job and the exercise is like work you do under the table a few times a week.

I’m not 20 anymore so I think I need 2 days off a week at least, but I’m open to suggestions on exercises, sets and reps , complexes I should do and cardio.[/quote]

I have been following something like this during my cut.
Monday legs
Tuesday back and triceps
Wed chest and biceps
Thursday shoulder delts
Friday off
Sat or Sunday traps biceps and triceps (these are my focus muscles)

Cardio was 45 min a day on all days except legs. Incline walking, increasing the incline 2% every 2 min up to 12% then dropping it down and starting over in the same fashion.

Sets are to failure ramping up weight each set. 4 sets shooting for 12-15 reps on first 3 and 8 on last.

^^ That sounds good. A couple of little changes and I think that’s what I’ll do.
Thanks!

[quote]Nards wrote:

I’m about 245 lbs right now but too much fat around the middle. I’m 38.[/quote]

OK, I’ll bite, although I already made your for a troll (no way in hell you’re Nada).
EDT (Escalating Density Training by Coach Staley) is cool and easy.

Here’s a good one. Make sure you start slow and build up the “intensity” as you go.

^^^That’s some funny shit right there.

Nards, With that routine, extreme dieting and increasing to 2 cardio sessions a day the last 3 weeks I have lost 46lbs since Jan 1st. I have 1 week left and have 4lbs left to hit my goal. This is for a transformation Challenge I am doing through Gold’s gym. I added some photos to my hub so you can see the results.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
Here’s a good one. Make sure you start slow and build up the “intensity” as you go.

[/quote]

I wonder if the nightclub gym that nards goes to has a stripper pole.

[quote]BlakeAJackson wrote:
Nards, With that routine, extreme dieting and increasing to 2 cardio sessions a day the last 3 weeks I have lost 46lbs since Jan 1st. I have 1 week left and have 4lbs left to hit my goal. This is for a transformation Challenge I am doing through Gold’s gym. I added some photos to my hub so you can see the results. [/quote]

That’s quite a lot of weight. I think I’d be happy to be about 210. I’m almost 39 so it seems much harder to lose weight than when I was 20.

And I must say again this is not a troll thread! If I’d posted this on April 1st then I’d expect to be disbelieved.

heh heh…that gives me an idea…

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

L.M.F.A.O. “The secret is in the flirtatious dance blah blah” Oh man that’s some funny shit,I feel sorry for women.