Sugarless Yogurt?

I was googling yogurt and I found some links on ‘natural’ or sugarless yogurt. I didn’t know this existed, I usually get fat free yogurt but it has sugar in it. Does anyone know what kind of brands there are or where to get it?

I really like fat free yogurt but it has a good deal of sugar.

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/food.php?category_id=15167&brand_id=261&food_id=83487&partner=

Dannon’s Light and Fit yogurt is fat free and doesn’t have much sugar in it at all. Why would you even want to eat fat AND sugar free yogurt? Actually, would you even eat something like that?

[quote]JD818 wrote:
I was googling yogurt and I found some links on ‘natural’ or sugarless yogurt. I didn’t know this existed, I usually get fat free yogurt but it has sugar in it. Does anyone know what kind of brands there are or where to get it?

I really like fat free yogurt but it has a good deal of sugar.[/quote]

When you say ‘sugarless’ do you really mean sugarless (without milk sugar) or do you just mean ‘no added refined sugar?’ Cause that’s what ‘natural’ is (the latter).

The best stuff I’ve found is made by Blue Bunny. It has 5 grams of Carbs (from milk) and is sweetened with Splenda. It also has the full spectrum of bacteria. I will take a carton of strawberry, put it in my shaker cup, 2-3 scoops of strawberry Grow! and ice water. Good stuff.

As implied above, you’re not going to find sugarfree or sugarless yogurt. It wouldn’t be yogurt. You can find yogurt that has no added goodies (like sugared-up fruit) that will have less sugar.

[quote]roofus_5 wrote:
The best stuff I’ve found is made by Blue Bunny. It has 5 grams of Carbs (from milk) and is sweetened with Splenda. It also has the full spectrum of bacteria. I will take a carton of strawberry, put it in my shaker cup, 2-3 scoops of strawberry Grow! and ice water. Good stuff.[/quote]

I now also use Blue Bunny’s “Carb Freedom” yogurt. I think that Hood’s “Carb Countdown” was superior in quality and taste but it appears to have been discontinued.

mmm brown cow full fat cream on top plus a scoop of choc Grow! and some almond butter mmmmm frickn mmmmmmmmmm.

I read it on a BBC article about a diet of ‘sugarless’ yogurt help prevents tooth decay, and I had never heard of yogurt without sugar.

They must mean with an artificial sweetner? Hmm I don’t know.

Go to trader joe’s and get Fage 0% greek yogurt. Still has milk sugar of course, but has 13gm protein per 80 calorie cup so it has a better profile than most plain yogurt. Plus, it’s yummy. :slight_smile: I just add splenda and maybe a little unsweetened cocoa to it.

I eat plain yogurt all the time. It’s delicious. If you find it too sour, then try the Fage greek yogurt (2% or 0%) it’s also excellent.

Rb

Stony Field Farms - they sell it at just about ever grocery store chain. Make sure you get their organic plain yogurt - excellent stuff.

I like Hood carb countdown yogurt. Its has more protien than regular yogurt, less calories, and 1g of sugar.

Calories 80
Total Fat 1.5g 3%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 80mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 1g
Protein 12g 24%