Sufjan Stevens- Illinois

I downlo- err, BOUGHT this CD recently.

Wow. Great music. I can’t really shoehorn this into a genre, since it exhibits folk, jazz, classical and other influences.

Also, it’s about Illinois. Really. Every song. And it’s fun to listen to. Get it.

To excite interest in the topic, I will post buttocks.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
I downlo- err, BOUGHT this CD recently.

Wow. Great music. I can’t really shoehorn this into a genre, since it exhibits folk, jazz, classical and other influences.

Also, it’s about Illinois. Really. Every song. And it’s fun to listen to. Get it.[/quote]

Yo LUEshi,

I don’t know what rock you’ve been living under but this shit has been huge forever. Sufjan is an amazing singer and possibly an even better songwriter. Illinois is my favorite of his albums–it only gets better as you listen to it.

I’m a big folk fan myself and discovered Iron and Wine at the same time as Sufjan so I’ll pass the recommendation along to you. Get your hands on the song “trapeze swinger” if you can.

I’ve tried listening to him and am not crazy about him – yet. That being said, it took me about a year of owning Tom Waits before I ‘got it’, and now he’s pretty much my favorite. I’m a big fan of Iron & Wine as well, Sam Beam is a pretty brilliant lyricist.

By the way, who the hell is that in the picture? That’s one of the better asses I’ve EVER seen, please post more!

Don’t have any more of her. I stole that one from 4chan. However, here is more buttocks-

It’s more of a boulder, actually.

What can I say: my grasp on current popular culture/music is shaky, to say the least.

[quote]LUEshi wrote:
I don’t know what rock you’ve been living under but this shit has been huge forever.

It’s more of a boulder, actually.

What can I say: my grasp on current popular culture/music is shaky, to say the least.[/quote]

Check out emusic.com, he has a ton of stuff on there and it’s cheap.