Suffolk County Long Island TRT Doctors

What town is he in?

Lawrence. Dr. Rotman. He also has an office in Manhattan.

If you go and want to share experiences let me know.

Thank man i really appreciate the help. Im going to wait to see if anyone else comments before I decide to go that far for a Dr.

Does he require a visit every time i need a refill?

My last dr was so convenient . I seen him 2x a year and when my prescription was out they would mail it to my house.

I don’t think so. He carries HCG in the office btw. He just continued what my Endo started but added ai and HCG . But I did not want HCG.

Your total t on 200 may be high so not sure how he will proceed.
Why 2000iu a week if HCG ? From my reading 250 eod is more than enough for fertility

On 200mg weekly my test levels are around average 800/ 150 free test. I always get blood work roughly one week after last injection per the dr. Im sure early in the week my levels would be much higher.

My dr prescribed 2000iu weekly but said 1000iu a week would be good enough. Why didnt you want the hcg?

When I took HCG I felt e2 symptoms and had insomnia. Stopped after 3rd shot. When I took very first and 2nd shot also had metal taste in mouth for hours.
So you feel good?

I honestly really like the addition of HCG with test test. Being on arimadex i never had any issues with e2 symptoms.

Does your insurance cover your prescriptions or do you have to pay cash?

I live in Suffolk now but have gone to Dr. Mellinger in Garden City for nearly seventeen years. Because of him I now have my nine-month-old son.

What range did he keep your t at? And what protocol for trt?

Thanks brickhead! He is reasonably close

Does he accept your insurance and does it cover your trt meds?

What is your trt protocol with him?

Im considering making an appointment

1 Like

Please post a complete lab set with ranges.

There is a sticky for finding a doctor below.

250iu hCG SC EOD is adequate.

You should be injecting T twice week.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

Expect that E2 is too high.

There was never a specific goal T value but I usually test in the 700s to 900s with 100 mg T and 3000 IU HCG per week.

I have never needed Arimidex and I use HCG for fertility until I don’t want anymore kids.

He takes insurance.

I made an appt for the 16th, ill let you know how it goes

Thank you again for your input, really appriciate it

1 Like

You’re welcome. I suggest you go to him as if you hardly read anything on the internet about TRT though.

So should i be honest with him on how i ended up on TRT from my last doctor?

Basically long story short i like to be as honest as possible with my doctor. I started using testosterone in early 20’s and stoped around 25. When i was 28 i was having multiple low T symptoms and went to my dr who ran blood work(which i will provide him with during visit) and my former dr put me on TRT due to the results (test was at 240 and free test <50)

I will also bring my current prescription so he knows im not bullshitting him

How do you think he will feel about the truthful route?

Any advice would be appreciated

Your supposed to tell any sort of doctor all information pertinent to your symptoms and condition.

If you want to speak to me, which I’m open to, go to my contest-prep thread in the BB section and easily figure out how to contact me.

Do you know if dr mellinger handles female hormones and thyroid?

I don’t know. He’s a urologist.