Suffering Low T 15 Years After Teenage Steroid Use, Labs Included

I’m only worried about fertility for future

Please advice on TRT for fertility can I just use nolvadex with test like physioLojik says and no HCG?

Should I freeze sperms or not required?

Also what if I go for HCG mono therapy or is it not suited for my case?

Fertility can be fixed later. If you are fertile now, then using HCG when you want to conceive will be fine, and being on TRT doesn’t make you infertile, just less fertile. There are plenty of children conceived by guys on TRT or on a cycle. It’s not like getting snipped and is easily reversible in most cases.

1 Like

Are you certain of that because I read on many articles sayin it can sometimes be irreversible?? Which is very worrying :slightly_frowning_face:

Basically I just need assurance on the fertility aspect

In most cases TRT is not a death sentence for fertility unless you have something going on undiagnosed and you go on TRT and later find out you are now infertile. It means whatever was causing your problems wasn’t finish causing problems.

What’s the point to remaining with low testosterone just to remain fertile if you’re not going to be around to have kids, low testosterone increases you chance of dying earlier.

Your best years are passing you by.

I hear you … feel most of the years are already gone by :triumph:

But want to point out I tried a TRT cycle in 2016 for 3 months 200/week test enanthate and although my libido improved …

my mood and overall quality of life didn’t seem to make a difference as such…

My TT was around 1100 at the time I had it tested on TRT

So do you think it was not long enough for TRT and I need to give it a full year for benefits ? Especially since I have been low T since almost 15 years so receptors need to regrow or something which could take time???

Or did I need to test FT and E2 also during that time on TRT since E2 can affect mental stuff etc and needs to be adjusted and maybe that was an issue also wrong with previous TRT attempt???

Or maybe TRT is JUST NOT the solution for my problems???

A lot of guys believe TRT is a panacea, that it will cure all their problems. Your testosterone levels are still low and need to be treated, it sounds like TRT will not fix all your problems, but it will give you other benefits.

Who is to say your previous cycle was considered optimal for you? Were your levels dialed in?

Reason I ask is testosterone and estrogen in excess is not always good for mood.

Actually I went in blind in the last TRT attempt just did TT lab and that’s it

so you think maybe that’s a reason for it not working 100% ?

Either your protocol gave you excess levels or TRT is not the cause of low mood. I started TRT with an iron deficiency which could cause mood problems, add a potassium deficiency and double down on mood problems.

I’m doing better mood wise with a Total T of 97 ng/dL while supplementing iron and potassium.

Did go to an endo in India before The cycle but he wasn’t much help ,he just told me I can do the test cycle not a big worry and as I had explained to him I wanted to up my levels at high end … so I just went ahead and tried it out thinking wth give it a shot

You can get better advice on these forums than you can from most managed healthcare doctors who know almost nothing other than what the guidelines state.

The standard of care for TRT is really bad.

Some men cannot handle levels on the higher end, it’s too much for me.

Yes I can see I have tried a lot the past 15 years and India is even more behind on this aspect Most of the docs just look at you weird when you talk about PCT😬 … I am really glad I have found T-nation tho!

Also I did get a quite a bit of bloating on my previous TRT attempt of 200mg/week for 3 months any deductions possible from that???

Boating can be many things, for me it was abnormally low potassium. TRT can affect the kidneys and cause bloating/water retention. Levels in excess can also cause bloating.

What do you guys make of my Low Vit b12 levels ?
I mailed physioLojik and he said it can be corrected “It probably relates to a COMT mutation.”
What does that mean?

Should go in for b12 injections and later supplements?

These are my lab tests before previous TRT attempt In 2016
which are as always on the low side for T

Prolactin bit high
had taken cabergoline/dostinex to lower it when I was around 24 yo but didn’t feel much difference

This was while on TRT
Libido was better but mood was still not much different
Free T seems it was good