Sue the School Track Teams

Actually I wouldn’t sue my school, because I’m not that kind of guy but I’m very angry. My ignorance of muscle development didn’t help the matter at all. Last year I was convinced by my teacher to run for my track team.

I figured yeah that will get me in great shape and I’ll be really cut. What I didn’t know was that endurance running widdles away your muscle and lowers your Testosterone levels. There should be a form you have to sign before running track.

Warning if you run for the distance team you will become weak and scrawny. Sign here x.____________

Seriously though, they should tell you these things. There are tons of guys on the track team right now who think that they are skinny because, thats just the way they are. But thats not the way they are, that is the way they are keeping themselves.

Luckily for me I did my research. The only running I do from now on is going to be sprinting.

So, how much progress had you made before you joined the track team?

None, whatsoever. I saw no progress in any of my lifts.

[quote]Deadend66 wrote:
None, whatsoever. I saw no progress in any of my lifts.[/quote]

So then what you’re saying is that, you had made no progress for the running to take away to begin with.

[/thread]

First off, what’s your point?

To let everyone on this site know that if their goal is to get huge, hey, track might not be the best choice?

[quote]Deadend66 wrote:
Warning if you run for the distance team you will become weak and scrawny. Sign here x.____________ .[/quote]

Perhaps a better idea would be “By joining the distance team, I realize that all of my training will be devoted to the goal of running long distances faster.”

I wouldn’t join the power lifting team if I wanted to run a sub 4:30 mile would I? Same idea.

And if you did your “research” like you said, you would have realized that the reason distance athletes aren’t huge is because you simply can’t be that big and still run fast for a while.

If you did lose some muscle from doing track, yeah, that sucks. But that’s nobody’s fault but your own.

So why didn’t you run with the sprinters instead? Sprinting can be very anabolic.