Suddenly Unmotivated

It hasn’t happened to me in a few years, but lately (about the last week) I’ve had no motivation in the gym. My desire is there, it’s just like I don’t have the mind set when I get under the weight. Just wondering if anyone else ever does this?

Take a week off… you are probably a little overtrained, you can’t work out 4 times a week hard a whole year.
When you will come back you will immediately set PRs… you will see.

[quote]unforgiven2 wrote:
It hasn’t happened to me in a few years, but lately (about the last week) I’ve had no motivation in the gym. My desire is there, it’s just like I don’t have the mind set when I get under the weight. Just wondering if anyone else ever does this?[/quote]

I just think about what really pisses me off, plenty of motivation to lift the damn weight.

Winter is the explanation.

I always feel similar blues during this period of the winter. Not enough sunlight, imho.

Something that usually is able to rev me up, is some aerobic activity during the central part of the day, around 12:00 AM - 1:00 PM.

Get this man a cranberry juice.

Well, I’m going to attempt it again after school today, if it doesn’t go good I’ll take a break. Actually, my squats are moving it’s mainly chest, shoulders, and tris thats giving me trouble.

Are you eating enough calories? When I’m on low-cals my squat and deadlift are moving up but upper body pushing doesn’t.

Take a break. You are burning out, pushing the issue will cause discontentment and will further demotivate you.

Take a week or even two weeks off. You will probably realize why you original started doing it, appreciate lifting more, and go back to it with a newly kindled fire.

Try the week off, or maybe change your routine. Maybe you need a goal, sign up for a powerlifting meet or a bodybuilding contest. If nothing else make it a goal to say, have visible abs or an increase in some lift by spring break. Post your status reports here.