T Nation

Suddenly strength increases, why?

I didn’t changed my sets/reps/diet or what so ever ,i just took a break of 3 weeks then do gym 2 weeks (ofc lower strength than before because of the 3 weeks break) and then i made again 2 weeks break due some problems and then started again ,and i suddenly increased all the lifts including benchpress/squat/tricep dips/bicep curls and so on (i can give example ,i was benching with 200 pounds 2-3 reps before and now i am at 235 pounds, yep 235 pounds…)

Nothing was changed, my strength was weak after 3 weeks break and after i made 2 weeks more break ,after first week training,my strength increased with 20%, i was like OMG

The only thing i can think about it is that my Serotonin decreased as hell 100% because i was pretty much full of anger/hate due to my problems, is this a good reason enough for body to jump so far in a instance?

[quote]Geneza wrote:
I didn’t changed my sets/reps/diet or what so ever ,i just took a break of 3 weeks then do gym 2 weeks (ofc lower strength than before because of the 3 weeks break) and then i made again 2 weeks break due some problems and then started again ,and i suddenly increased all the lifts including benchpress/squat/tricep dips/bicep curls and so on (i can give example ,i was benching with 200 pounds 2-3 reps before and now i am at 235 pounds, yep 235 pounds…)

Nothing was changed, my strength was weak after 3 weeks break and after i made 2 weeks more break ,after first week training,my strength increased with 20%, i was like OMG

The only thing i can think about it is that my Serotonin decreased as hell 100% because i was pretty much full of anger/hate due to my problems, is this a good reason enough for body to jump so far in a instance?
[/quote]

I’ll throw in my two cents. I’ve experienced something similar before, as have most athletes in sports like swimming, running, etc. After a long time of consistent working, the body simply needs time at a diminished workload to recover. Initially during the reduced workload, performance can drop. However, after a few more weeks, the body peaks and performance improves significantly. You could be having a similar experience here - your nervous system, which takes longer to recover than the muscles themselves, finally recovered, allowing for greater power production.