Suddenly Gained Stomach Fat on a Cut?

So I’ve been cutting for nearly 4 weeks on an ec stack. Using ERASE, as my cortisol blocker once a day.

Everything was going great I had a pretty nice pre-sixpack going on. Then all of a sudden the next week I had not even an outline of my abs and I still weighed the same (181.5)

My only thoughts are

1. Cortisol levels got too high from the caffeine and heavy lifting and began to tear at me.

2. I also started doing cardio and eating the same amount of carbs/calories as I did previously… Which leads me to assume I was way below 500 below maintenance making my body store whatever I got in.

3. I had a cheat weekend and it destroyed me in 2 days.

What do you guys think went wrong?

I’d go with Door #3. A refeed meal while dieting down is both good for your metabolism and for your psyche. A refeed weekend is just a binge.

So you retained some water weight after having a “cheat weekend” and would like to know how that works?

[quote]Learning2Lift wrote:
What do you guys think went wrong?[/quote]
Progress is not always linear.

Jlone has got a point. What about sleep/stress/food intolerances? Those are usually the problems with cortisol. If you taxed your system you probably moved into a stage 2-3 adrenal fatigue. More info. If you measured yourself after a cheat meal then you need to ignore that until a few days have passed and your body has found its homeostatsis

Thanks a lot for the answers guys. My refeed weekend wasn’t awful but it was probably in the 1500+ range of surplus calories a lot being carbs (yea i know). I know carbs are my weakness and I can eat a lot of fat and be fine, just like most people. I was lifting 1rm’s for 3 weeks of my cut and now I’m doing heavy doubles with bands. Week later, I still weigh 181.5. Sleep is good, stress is same as always. Maybe I tired my body out with the stack and lifting?

So I’ve been cutting for nearly 4 weeks on an ec stack. Using ERASE, as my cortisol blocker once a day.

Everything was going great I had a pretty nice pre-sixpack going on. Then all of a sudden the next week I had not even an outline of my abs and I still weighed the same (181.5)

My only thoughts are

1. Cortisol levels got too high from the caffeine and heavy lifting and began to tear at me.

2. I also started doing cardio and eating the same amount of carbs/calories as I did previously… Which leads me to assume I was way below 500 below maintenance making my body store whatever I got in.

Oh man same exact thing happened to me but I’m gonna pick 1 and 2 because my carb up weekends weren’t even that high in overall calories and i swear i got fatter the past two weeks. Like you I was killing myself with higher volume high intensity low rep workouts and started doing too much low intensity cardio. My sleep was horrible probably from super high stress hormones to the point I was getting up 5-6 times a night to piss.
By the way how do you feel about Erase, is it effective?

[quote]as wrote:

My only thoughts are

Oh man same exact thing happened to me but I’m gonna pick 1 and 2 because my carb up weekends weren’t even that high in overall calories and i swear i got fatter the past two weeks. Like you I was killing myself with higher volume high intensity low rep workouts and started doing too much low intensity cardio. My sleep was horrible probably from super high stress hormones to the point I was getting up 5-6 times a night to piss.
By the way how do you feel about Erase, is it effective?[/quote]
@as I’m very prone to this as well.I have to keep a close eye on things when training hard,stress with work,sleep,HIT cardio etc.These things can have a huge impact on the way I look and feel in a short period of time.

[quote]as wrote:

My only thoughts are

I started erase when i had low testosterone. I found out i had low very quickly when i started dosing 2 pills a day. Worked great. They work good at a cort blocker 1 a day to block cortisol on EC stack. I’d recommend it

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]as wrote:

My only thoughts are

@as I’m very prone to this as well.I have to keep a close eye on things when training hard,stress with work,sleep,HIT cardio etc.These things can have a huge impact on the way I look and feel in a short period of time.[/quote]

Yea, i actually found out it was water related. I started upping my sodium intake not knowing it would cause that. Even worse, i stopped taking salt, not knowing it would be better if i kept taking it to get used to the intake amount. Now I’m on higher salts.