Sudden Loss of Strength?

it started 4 weeks ago, i was maxing to find my currents for a local meet coming up, felt kinda crappy, went for a squat…got stapled by something i normally rep for 5.

then fast forward to deadlift day…225 made me grunt and my grip gave out near lockout.

ive been feeling weak, and exhausted.

anyone ever experienced this?
i only ask because the meet in which i had to find a sponsor for, is now 1 week away and i feel like a little bitch.

any useful info would be appreciated.

If it’s only 2 bad days in the last four weeks, probably isn’t anything. Maybe you’re just psyched out.

IF you’ve consistently been feeling weak and exhausted… sleep more. Eat more. Train a little less intensely. If the meet is only a week away, you shouldn’t be going too hard and heavy anyways. You’ve probably just been working your ass off and need to take a step back to recover in order to be at your best for the meet.

My advice, other than sleep and eat, is to just take it easy this last week. Go into the gym, stretch plenty, move some moderate weight really fast and get some blood flowing to your muscles to get them healing. Trust that you prepped right, and you’ll probably do very well.

When was your last deload?

You’ve had a couple bad days. Oh deer god no.

it means you have been training way too heavy and burnt out, rule of thumb is, one week you do bad is expected and human, 2nd week you do bad is a sign to be cautious and if you do bad or worst week 3 it is sign you over trained and need to change your exercise and program. there are amazing amounts of articles on this site, explaining what happened to you. if you work at 90%-100% for than 3 weeks, you are asking for trouble, use a micro cycle that is 1-3 weeks tops and switch around the exercise or modify it, example of deallift would be, speed deadlift, rack deadlift, rdl, no pause deadlift, high rep deadlift. once you have overloaded the system you get weaker. most power lifters have a cycle, which consists of meso cycle which consists of micro cycles to lessen the chance of this. so lighten the load by a lot and increase it gradually and avoid going anywhere near your max till the competition. usually top lifter leave 1-2 in the tank and never go to failure.

[quote]black_angus1 wrote:
You’ve had a couple bad days. Oh deer god no.[/quote]

Deer? like the animal?

[quote]Acyren wrote:

Deer? like the animal? [/quote]

Precisely. Google deer god, second link.

exactly, maybe you need to spend less time on the forums and learn basic English? I doubt you even graduated high school, maybe that should be your training, not weights?

[quote]Acyren wrote:
exactly, maybe you need to spend less time on the forums and learn basic English? I doubt you even graduated high school, maybe that should be your training, not weights?[/quote]

The hilarious part is that not only are you incorrect, but you are now following my posts around, completely misunderstanding my sarcasm, and trying (and failing tremendously) to attack me. Also, you apparently didn’t google deer god, because then you would know that it is in reference to deer gore, which is fucking awesome.

Please, if you’re going to be weak and unintelligent, do it somewhere else.

[quote]gurbob wrote:
it started 4 weeks ago, i was maxing to find my currents for a local meet coming up, felt kinda crappy, went for a squat…got stapled by something i normally rep for 5.

then fast forward to deadlift day…225 made me grunt and my grip gave out near lockout.

ive been feeling weak, and exhausted.

anyone ever experienced this?
i only ask because the meet in which i had to find a sponsor for, is now 1 week away and i feel like a little bitch.

any useful info would be appreciated.
[/quote]

Shit! You haven’t felt anything that would indicate a nerve issue have you? Pinched nerves can do shit like that. How is your bench doing though? If you’re bench isn’t getting weaker then that’s a good sign at least. Maybe means you just need some rest or flexibility time or something for your lower body. I figure you’d know if it were like hormone levels or something…

[quote]scottkoscielniak wrote:
.[/quote]

But my piss stream is clearly more forceful. I had it measured by German scientists, in fact. I can knock out a horse with my stream from 10 metres away.

[quote]black_angus1 wrote:

[quote]scottkoscielniak wrote:
.[/quote]

But my piss stream is clearly more forceful. I had it measured by German scientists, in fact. I can knock out a horse with my stream from 10 metres away.[/quote]

lol

thanks for the info guys, i think i just needed some rest.

dead is back on par.
bench never dropped.
squat still sucks…but it always will.

Let us know how the meet goes

only 5 competitors… of which not a one are in the same weight class…so i won and the meet isnt til 3.

LOL! That is so awesome! I hope that happens at my meet.

1450 total.

405 squat (my one and only attempt, still felt shite.)
460 bench
585 dead lift

something is still hitting my lower strength.

AWesome job!

You bench more than you squat?