Such a Thing as Man Strength?

I hear about it. Supposedly a man gets stronger as he gets older, but then I hear your peak for strength is when youre younger. And I hear about a lot of younger guys being stronger than alot of older guys.

Peak for strength gain = younger
Ability to reach maximum strength = older

Makes sense doesn’t it, considering our life has a linear time line.

Tt’s like saying acceleration, when younger, top speed, when older. But in strength terms, instead of velocity.

assuming a man does not lift weights, his ‘peak’ strength is around 25 years old

I believe in old man strength. It’s a spectactle that has to be witnessed to be truly believed.

I’ve seen beanpole old men hoist refrigerators like it’s nothing.

Most of the examples I can think of come from old factory rats, though, so I think it still takes a lifetime of hard work and busting your ass to have old man strength.

[quote]SSC wrote:
I believe in old man strength. It’s a spectactle that has to be witnessed to be truly believed.

I’ve seen beanpole old men hoist refrigerators like it’s nothing.

Most of the examples I can think of come from old factory rats, though, so I think it still takes a lifetime of hard work and busting your ass to have old man strength.[/quote]

a lifetime of manual work will do this. take someone who does a lot of heavy manual work AND TRAINS, you got a seriously strong dude.

yeah you peak as in “go from horridly weak to 500% stronger” when you’re young. But If you keep the muscle active over the long course of time. It gets way stronger than it ever was back when you were 20 or so.

Training years supersede almost all other factors when it comes to strength.

-chris

Well when I was 16, me and my 17 year old cousin thought we could outwrestle my dad (his uncle) who was about 44 or 45 at the time. He tossed us both around like ragdolls. That really humbled me because I was playing hs football then and could bench almost 200 pounds (which I thought at that time was equal to throwing a small mountain).

But im much stronger now than when I was 16.

Another stupid and useless thread dumped in the bodybuilding forum.

There is a GAL forum for a reason, genious

agreed…i have a good story about this my father moves furniture for a living still at age 62, he’s skinny and wiry but lifts fold out couches up stairs all day every day.

THIS FORUM IS A JOKE LATELY!!!

Example: I’m 162lbs and noticing an imbalance in my right rhomboid, also is iceberg lettuce a good or bad bulk food?

WTF?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Another stupid and useless thread dumped in the bodybuilding forum.

There is a GAL forum for a reason, genious[/quote]

I agree BONEZ217, but I think it’s spelled “genius”.