Subway SVP of Marketing

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
What’s your point?

And what does this guy’s body composition have to do with his competence as a Senior Vice President?

What did he say about Jared’s participation in the marathon? And what does that conversation have to do with this SVP’s body composition?

“…trying to enhance your reputation as ‘healthy’ fast food?”

Our reputation? What reputation do we on this board have? We’re also not food items; we’re human beings. [/quote]

Fairly simple. When you market your product as a healthy way to lose weight, and you yourself are markedly overweight, it reflects poorly on your product.

Same concept as a Pulmonary doctor telling you that you must quit smoking to improve lung health while taking a long drag on a cigarette. [/quote]

ya! its like an old skinny white lady trying to train a huge olympia competing athlete! what the fuck would she even know about anything having not been a bodybuilder!

oh wait, sibil peters.

im just joking though, in all reality, that guy is a fat fuck.

^lol

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Got I love Fantasy Land–excuse me, T-Land–where posters think that body composition has ANYTHING to do with JOB COMPETENCE in medicine, dietetics, and the food and beverage industry.
[/quote]

It does, because it matters zilch whether you know what people should do if you cannot do it yourself, let alone are able to teach others.

If I want a good sandwich, I’m going to the fat guy. Preferably one that smokes a lot of dope too, Cuz a fat guy with munchies is going to make one hell of a sammich.

[quote]ADvanced TS wrote:
Really, this fat fuck is the one trying to enhance your reputation as “healthy” fast food?

Its bad enough to find out that your chicken actually has more filler than Heidi Montag’s breasts, but when I saw this land whale talking about Jared’s running the NYC marathon I found it a bit ironic.

Post insults below.[/quote]

Class of '09 strikes again. The guy is a marketing madman, yeah it would be awesome if he had hot abz and put up elite numbers, or even walk without waddling. But, what you’re not realizing is that the guys job is head the marketing, not be a spokesman for Subway.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
What’s your point?

And what does this guy’s body composition have to do with his competence as a Senior Vice President?

What did he say about Jared’s participation in the marathon? And what does that conversation have to do with this SVP’s body composition?

Our reputation? What reputation do we on this board have? We’re also not food items; we’re human beings. [/quote]

Fairly simple. When you market your product as a healthy way to lose weight, and you yourself are markedly overweight, it reflects poorly on your product.

Same concept as a Pulmonary doctor telling you that you must quit smoking to improve lung health while taking a long drag on a cigarette. [/quote]

But this is only so because consumers/lay people buy into such fallacious reasoning all the time. The fatness of someone high up in Subway or the fact that a doctor smokes has no bearing on whether what they say is factual or not–whether it IS THE CASE that Subway is healthy or whether it IS THE CASE that quitting smoking will improve lung health. Such qualities of those making the claims are wholly irrelevant to the claims themselves.

blah blah blah

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

Really, this fat fuck is the one trying to enhance your reputation as “healthy” fast food?

Its bad enough to find out that your chicken actually has more filler than Heidi Montag’s breasts, but when I saw this land whale talking about Jared’s running the NYC marathon I found it a bit ironic.

Class of '09 strikes again. The guy is a marketing madman, yeah it would be awesome if he had hot abz and put up elite numbers, or even walk without waddling. But, what you’re not realizing is that the guys job is head the marketing, not be a spokesman for Subway.[/quote]

He is a spokesman though. Going on TV and talking about it on behalf of the organization.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:

Class of '09 strikes again. The guy is a marketing madman, yeah it would be awesome if he had hot abz and put up elite numbers, or even walk without waddling. But, what you’re not realizing is that the guys job is head the marketing, not be a spokesman for Subway.[/quote]

Oldfag strikes again citing imaginary “class”.

I do realize what his job is and the fact that I’ve seen him multiple times on TV endorsing his product means he has been acting also as a spokesman.

We have to show his picture to everyone that walks into a Subway shop, ask them who it is, then watch as they don’t really care and continue in to get a healthy sandwich.

[quote]Nards wrote:
We have to show his picture to everyone that walks into a Subway shop, ask them who it is, then watch as they don’t really care and continue in to get a healthy sandwich.[/quote]

YOU DAMN RIGHT!!! And slap Oprah if she got between me and my triple meat chicken flat bread.

[quote]abcd1234 wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
What’s your point?

But this is only so because consumers/lay people buy into such fallacious reasoning all the time. The fatness of someone high up in Subway or the fact that a doctor smokes has no bearing on whether what they say is factual or not–whether it IS THE CASE that Subway is healthy or whether it IS THE CASE that quitting smoking will improve lung health. Such qualities of those making the claims are wholly irrelevant to the claims themselves.
[/quote]

Notice how I didnt say it changed the truth of what they are saying, only that it reflected poorly. A smoking doctor will still be right when he says smoking can very well cause cancer in ones lungs, but it is harder to listen to him when he is still smoking. He is absolutely right, but when he does not practice what he preaches, it is hard to listen.

Its bad enough to find out that your chicken actual has more filler than Heidi Montag’s breasts, but when I saw this land whale talking about Jared’s running the NYC marathon I found it a bit ironic.

You are a really sad excuse for a human being. So you mean to tell me you would not listen to the advice of some top level personal trainers or nutritionists if they didnt have a good body? (newsflash: they are out there) its like saying your not going to listen to the advise of some NFL football coach on how to play the game when the coaches dont look like they can play on the field.

So you make a thread insulting a guy who is overweight in order to make yourself look cool huh? hes making more money then you and more successful then you will ever be?

I think your life would have been more productive if your father just left you as a cum stain on your mothers face.

Subway sucks.

I’ve seen pussies with more meat in 'em than they make at Subway.
No wonder that Jared dude lost so much weight. Most of it was lost muscle mass from the lack of protein in Subway sandwiches.

[quote]hairygorillaguy wrote:

Its bad enough to find out that your chicken actual has more filler than Heidi Montag’s breasts, but when I saw this land whale talking about Jared’s running the NYC marathon I found it a bit ironic.

You are a really sad excuse for a human being. So you mean to tell me you would not listen to the advice of some top level personal trainers or nutritionists if they didnt have a good body? (newsflash: they are out there) its like saying your not going to listen to the advise of some NFL football coach on how to play the game when the coaches dont look like they can play on the field.

So you make a thread insulting a guy who is overweight in order to make yourself look cool huh? hes making more money then you and more successful then you will ever be?

I think your life would have been more productive if your father just left you as a cum stain on your mothers face. [/quote]

Don’t take out your pent up homosexual frustration out on me. I didn’t make the world intolerant to flamboyant gays, it was like that when I got here.

Go have your fat gay ass a meatball hero, you earned it.

I think your life would have been more productive if your father just left you as a cum stain on your mothers face. [/quote]

Don’t take out your pent up homosexual frustration out on me. I didn’t make the world intolerant to flamboyant gays, it was like that when I got here.

Go have your fat gay ass a meatball hero, you earned it.[/quote]

Actually i prefer the Turkey from subway instead. Why dont you take your 150 lb crossfit self and go to your boyfriends house, have him put a olympic barbell up your ass. Im sure it will fit.

I think i made him mad. you aint gonna cry are you?

Go have your fat gay ass a meatball hero, you earned it.[/quote]

Actually i prefer the Turkey from subway instead. Why dont you take your 150 lb crossfit self and go to your boyfriends house, have him put a olympic barbell up your ass. Im sure it will fit.

I think i made him mad. you aint gonna cry are you? [/quote]

Ah off topic flame wars…

I don’t see the problem. The guy does marketing, and he is damn good at it apparently as he is SVP. Some of you are saying, “OMG he doesn’t lead a healthy lifestyle and doesn’t represent Subway’s image, that’s bad business”. Oh is it, then why are they all rich as fuck?

Secondly, like I said, they guy DOES MARKETING. While he may show himself once and awhile publicy, you kind of have to when you are SVP. That’s when JARED is in there commercials, who lost a billion pounds. Tony Pace probably took marketing/business degrees at multiple levels, and has loads of experience, and hence, he works for a big ass company. Why the hell should he have to change his fatty-lifestyle just because he works for Subway in the marketing dept?

LOL at all the butthurt in this thread.

Just because he’s fat, doesn’t mean he’s bad at marketing. He’s obviously quite good at it. But nonetheless, it is ironic (and humorous) when fat people give nutrition advice, or are involved in selling “healthy” products.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I don’t see the problem. The guy does marketing, and he is damn good at it apparently as he is SVP. Some of you are saying, “OMG he doesn’t lead a healthy lifestyle and doesn’t represent Subway’s image, that’s bad business”. Oh is it, then why are they all rich as fuck?

Secondly, like I said, they guy DOES MARKETING. While he may show himself once and awhile publicy, you kind of have to when you are SVP. That’s when JARED is in there commercials, who lost a billion pounds. Tony Pace probably took marketing/business degrees at multiple levels, and has loads of experience, and hence, he works for a big ass company. Why the hell should he have to change his fatty-lifestyle just because he works for Subway in the marketing dept?[/quote]

Exactly!

The guy gets the job done, and that’s it!

Never once did I have to show an HR administrator or future manager my physique, food log, training regimen, or lab values because I work in healthcare.

And it’s VERY infantile that someone makes a thread basically welcoming insults about someone he and us don’t know from a whole in the wall!