Subway & Shugs Thread

Hey, I forgot to mention this, but they replaced all the soda at our school with diet, vitamin water, and the fucking fizz drink that tastes like shit. If you are going to sell shit, at least make it taste good. Anyways, I guess that they didn’t get the memo that the chemicals in diet soda make the diet worse then the regular.

Also, no more Power-ade. To many calories apparantly.

At least they have water still, until they replace that with diet.

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
Doctors in Canada have started a trend to refuse to authorize public funds for treating lung disease in smokers and liver disease in alcoholics. They’d have to pay, just like any tourist would. Obesity-related diseases may be next.[/quote]

This just in, I’m moving to Canada!

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
Hey, I forgot to mention this, but they replaced all the soda at our school with diet, vitamin water, and the fucking fizz drink that tastes like shit. If you are going to sell shit, at least make it taste good. Anyways, I guess that they didn’t get the memo that the chemicals in diet soda make the diet worse then the regular.

Also, no more Power-ade. To many calories apparantly.

At least they have water still, until they replace that with diet.[/quote]

wait a minute… you are in school?

okay… well you should have typed “worse THAN the regular.” And, “TOO many calories,” not “to many”.

AND, “At least they STILL have water”, not “At least they have water still…”

fella… come on

why drink soda anyways? blech, rots your teeth

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
At least they have water still, until they replace that with diet.[/quote]

Diet water huh? Maybe they’ll replace it with this:

Because all that movement is bad for you.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
BackForMore wrote:
Makavali wrote:
A better idea is to not publicly fund medical expenses bought on by obesity.

An even better idea is to not publicly fund medical expenses at all but that’s another thread entirely.

I don’t mind my tax dollars going towards an ailment bought on by chance i.e. cancer, but the moment you use it for some shit like a gastric bypass, that’s like a kick in the nads for me.[/quote]

Personally I believe people should have the absolute right to conduct their lives as they see fit … and the absolute responsibility to foot the entire bill for the choices they make. Call me crazy but I don’t believe that a government that still advocates a carbohydrate-heavy low fat diet as the ideal should be allowed to make health care decisions for anyone.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
Fulmen wrote:
Fuck the junk food tax. Some of us need calories. Some of us don’t mind being big. Some of us don’t mind losing abs temporarily. Some of us want the quickest gains.

Ah Fulmen, believe me when I say I like big guys. The thing is though, this is being spun out to children.

They are becoming rotund little oompah-loompahs.

When I was a kid we didn’t have video games we ran around like crazy people, OUTSIDE all day long.

Now Subway is their meal and TV is their babysitter.[/quote]

Parents’ fault.

[quote]BackForMore wrote:

… and the absolute responsibility to foot the entire bill for the choices they make.[/quote]

My point exactly. If you can control it, it’s your problem.

[quote]BackForMore wrote:

Call me crazy but I don’t believe that a government that still advocates a carbohydrate-heavy low fat diet as the ideal should be allowed to make health care decisions for anyone.[/quote]

The government sure as hell shouldn’t give out nutritional advice, they’ve been bought by the food industry and we all know it.

Man was made to eat things he can kill or pick out of the ground. The only processing that should be allowed is things like cooking foods, and washing them.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
Parents’ fault.[/quote]

Steady there soldier, it almost sounds like your advocating personal responsibility. We can’t have that in this day and age.

/end sarcasm

[quote]Fulmen wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
Fulmen wrote:
Fuck the junk food tax. Some of us need calories. Some of us don’t mind being big. Some of us don’t mind losing abs temporarily. Some of us want the quickest gains.

Ah Fulmen, believe me when I say I like big guys. The thing is though, this is being spun out to children.

When I was a kid we didn’t have video games we ran around like crazy people, OUTSIDE all day long.

Now Subway is their meal and TV is their babysitter.

Parents’ fault.

[/quote]

It absolutely is. And the parents are assuaging their guilt by buying into the hype.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Man was made to eat things he can kill or pick out of the ground. The only processing that should be allowed is things like cooking foods, and washing them.[/quote]

And making ice cream. That shit is f’in tasty, son!

Ben and Jerry’s is having it’s annual free cone day soon. Mmmm free cone day!

Fulmen wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:
Fulmen wrote:

Now Subway is their meal and TV is their babysitter.

Parents’ fault.

It absolutely is. And the parents are assuaging their guilt by buying into the hype.

[/quote]

Makes me happy and sad, actually. Sad in the fact that potential is whittled away with shitty living/eating habits, but happy that my kid(s) will be living myths on the playground.

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Man was made to eat things he can kill or pick out of the ground. The only processing that should be allowed is things like cooking foods, and washing them.

And making ice cream. That shit is f’in tasty, son!

Ben and Jerry’s is having it’s annual free cone day soon. Mmmm free cone day!
[/quote]

Yeah, I am being a bit black and white there, but I think everything in moderation, avoiding highly processed shit.

Which our bodies haven’t adapted to yet, but we still eat.

[quote]Fulmen wrote:

Makes me happy and sad, actually. Sad in the fact that potential is whittled away with shitty living/eating habits, but happy that my kid(s) will be shining examples of what humans are supposed to look like.[/quote]

Fixed.

As mentioned earlier, its the parents fault. People like us should not be punished because people are fat idiots. Its time for people to take personal responsibility and stop blaming the media, government, etc.

Subway isn’t all bad, but I don’t think thats the argument here.

Why do we care that the average person is fat? If you don’t have the balls to tell someone you care about that their out of shape, fat, whatever, and help them, thats your own problem.

Making decisions for people is a terrible idea that won’t solve anything (junk food tax).

What ever happened to worrying about yourself? Why is Shugart even concerned with this? The guy knows how to eat an take care of himself. As far as I can tell there are still plenty of people out there who aren’t fat that are available for mating purposes …

[quote]Blongo wrote:
As mentioned earlier, its the parents fault. People like us should not be punished because people are fat idiots. Its time for people to take personal responsibility and stop blaming the media, government, etc.

Subway isn’t all bad, but I don’t think thats the argument here.

Why do we care that the average person is fat? If you don’t have the balls to tell someone you care about that their out of shape, fat, whatever, and help them, thats your own problem.

Making decisions for people is a terrible idea that won’t solve anything (junk food tax).

[/quote]

I did mean Subway actually, and the supported influence.

I do agree that folks need to take more personal responsibility. It’s like what Trent Reznor sings about in “Capital G”. I digress.

Folks are buying what the powers-that-be want them to buy.

I would think the economic burden of obesity would outweigh the economic benefit of increased commerce.

[quote]Blongo wrote:

What ever happened to worrying about yourself? Why is Shugart even concerned with this? The guy knows how to eat an take care of himself. As far as I can tell there are still plenty of people out there who aren’t fat that are available for mating purposes …
[/quote]

I don’t know about Shugart, but I know I’m concerned about taxes being raised to cope with the extra stress on an already overworked medical system.

We’re not all millionaires with secret offshore accounts y’know.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Blongo wrote:

I don’t know about Shugart, but I know I’m concerned about taxes being raised to cope with the extra stress on an already overworked medical system.

We’re not all millionaires with secret offshore accounts y’know.[/quote]

[/quote]

How do you know I’m not a billionaire with all my money based in diamonds?

Ah, that’s alright anyway. we’ll just have a wild fling behind your rich husbands back.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

How do you know I’m not a billionaire with all my money based in diamonds?[/quote]

let me know so I can update my note!

Makavali wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

How do you know I’m not a billionaire with all my money based in diamonds?

let me know so I can update my note!
[/quote]

I’m not gonna lie to you.

…hey look! a penny!