Subtitutes for 20 Rep Squats

hi guys not been on here for a while
just quick questions about 20 rep squats
does it have to be Barbell squats in a rack? i dont have access to a squat or power rack, can you substiute it for hack squats or even deadlifts?

if not can someone recomend a routine that doesn’t need anything other than a barbell/dumbell and plates. i dont have any other equipment

I don’t see why you couldn’t for hack squats…

But I wouldn’t recommend doing them on deadlifts, especially for safety for your lower back. It just doesn’t work the same with deads as it does with squats, definitely.

20 rep squats aren’t a workout program, just a challenge that might be done every month or every few months.

Could you build a rack out of wood?

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
20 rep squats aren’t a workout program, just a challenge that might be done every month or every few months.
[/quote]

Yes it is. It’s got weight parameters and time schedules.

If any jackass just does 20 squats in one set, they’re not doing the program. This is also what I think happens when people claim it doesn’t work.

20 rep heavy leg presses.

Stupid thread is stupid.

More than one way to skin a cat.

I’ll put on my flame retardant suit now.

get swole didn’t get what im saying
i work out at home in my garage
i don’t have the funds or space for a rack of any kind

thanks for the quick response tho guys i’ll try it with Hacks and see how i go

As far as doing the 20 rep squat program or just trying to hit twenty reps at a large weight you need a rack. No substitute, I know of to duplicate that workout and you need big weight (loaded on a rack) to justify it’s value.

D

Why don’t you just do walking lunges with the heaviest Dbs you have for sets of 20 reps each leg. Although the loading will not be the same as “20 rep” squats the mental and physical stress will be similar.

Why even consider this type of training if you don’t have the equipment?

Can you join a gym?

You can always try it Henry “Milo” Steinborn style. Tipping the bar on it’s end.

oldtimestrongman.com/blog/2007/10/henry-milo-steinborn.html

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
DOHCrazy wrote:

Yes it is. It’s got weight parameters and time schedules.

If any jackass just does 20 squats in one set, they’re not doing the program. This is also what I think happens when people claim it doesn’t work.[/quote]

I apologize. I was thinking of the “post your 20 rep squat video” thread, along with Matt Kroc saying he never does this crazy 20 rep squat stuff except to test himself every now and then.

… what about - TWENTY TWO rep squats???

have you got two barbells … maybe you could hold hte bars in your hands. better to do it with a squat rack though.

20 rep leg press /thread

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
20 rep leg press /thread[/quote]

He works out at home genius.

Gotta say though, gym’s better if you can save up to get a membership.

Reading comprehension fail X2.

Logic fail.

get a job

get a gym pass

unless you live in some backwoods place i dont see how you cant scrap up 15 euros or whatever a month for a gym pass

training at home for bodybuilding is pointless.

get a job

get a gym pass

unless you live in some backwoods place i dont see how you cant scrap up 15 euros or whatever a month for a gym pass

training at home for bodybuilding is pointless.[/quote]

agreed, unless you can buy the basic equipment. That doesn’t help though, and neither will this: There really is no substitute for 20 rep squats. They are very unique. find one of the million other ways to train legs.

20 rep curls.

/thread

DC

/thread

i work out at home because i quit the gym, the nearest is 8 miles away and filled with absolute tools. i have a job its pretty demanding and i dont have the extra time to travel on a bus to get the dam place.

im getting a bench at the end of the month but im stuck at home with my parents so its a crusade to make space in the garage.

but seein as most of you are sayin its bad idea/waste of time i’ll leave it

think i’ll just go back to westside and mix it up

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
… what about - TWENTY TWO rep squats???[/quote]

No. No, not 22. I said 20. Who squats for 22 reps? You won’t even get your heart going. Not even a mouse on a wheel. 20’s the key number here, think about it. 20, man. That’s the number. 20 chimpmunks twirlin’ on a branch. Eatin’ lots of sunflowers on my Uncle’s ranch. You know that old children’s tale from the sea. It’s like you’re dreaming about gorgonzola cheese, when it’s clearly bree time, baby. Step into my office.

[quote]Margarge wrote:
Why?[/quote]

‘Cause you’re fuckin’ fired.