Subsidizing People for Being Fat?

Family that is too FAT to work.

This is disgusting. I’m sure this sort of thing gos on in the US too.

One of the main problems in the UK, subsidizing isn’t a motivation for people to work. History repeats itself… teen pregnancy for instance.

I’ve worked with people fatter than them. They’re fat AND lazy.

I’ve worked with people fatter than them too, and my husband currently works with two women fatter than them. What a pathetic excuse.

Holy smokes. It stuns me how some people can really work the system. It doesn’t just apply the the fat clan in England. It applies to families all over North America who have lived on some type of assistance for generations and seem to have every angle worked out.

I almost feel sorry for the kids because that is likely the only life they will ever know; one in which they will have no self respect living in perpetuity off the handouts from others. How do they even begin to figure out how to live a different life if that is all they have ever lived?

As an aside: can obesity really cause epilepsy? That’s a new one on me.

[quote]Tatsu wrote:
One of the main problems in the UK, subsidizing isn’t a motivation for people to work. History repeats itself… teen pregnancy for instance.[/quote]

This is what really grinds my gears … we’re getting taxes taken out for this type of behavior when in actuality these type of people are useless and a burden and should be hunted for sport just like Ice-T in Surviving the Game, except where he wins in the end these fat slobs would all LOSE …

We make it too easy for people who have no pride in themselves and are too lazy or afraid of failure to get off their fat lazy asses and make this world better for themselves and, subsequently, the majority of people around them.

fat people have all this ‘cheek’ and ‘chin’ but only a tiny little triangle in the middle of their heads that have all the facial features squeezed into it. it makes me laugh… but i don’t know why.

Their problem is not being fat, they are using that as an excuse to “beat the system”. Which in England being “on the dole” is too easy compared to the US.

And they aren’t THAT fat that they can’t go out and earn a buck. No wonder we have to bail their a**es out when they get jammed up in a World War.

BG

[quote]

We make it too easy for people who have no pride in themselves and are too lazy or afraid of failure to get off their fat lazy asses and make this world better for themselves and, subsequently, the majority of people around them.[/quote]

Yes, we do make it too easy. Can you imagine the controversy if something was put into place to stop obesity and laziness etc?

These people make up any excuse in the world.
I work with a woman who is extremely obese and she complains that she has to walk up a set of stairs to go to the washroom. Next thing we know it will be “normal” for these fat asses to be shitting at their desks or at home while watching a movie because manufacturers will be making daipers big enough to “make their lives easier”.

I’m appalled and disgusted.

Now that just pisses me off. Why the hell should I pay to support people too lazy to help themselves.

Ok, so education may be some of the problem, I accept that they may not know how to lose all that excess weight, but a little research isn’t hard to do.

There was a program on TV over here (when I used to watch it) called “Tax The Fat”. The idea was that people with a BMI of over 30 should be taxed for the drain they put of the healthcare system in this country.

While the idea of using the BMI is plainly stupid, the idea as a whole I think would be a step in the right direction.

They also mentioned that there is no such thing as a “fat gene”.

I saw an article in the NY Times a while ago regarding the burden that obesity puts on the health care system.

Since it is linked to diseases like diabetes, the hospitals are overwhelmed with people that are unable to pay, but can’t be turned away for treatment. Medicare picks up some of it, but not enough to make a difference.

I’m fairly fat tolerant and cut people some slack if they’re contributors to society. The reality is, how many 350 and 400 lb people do you see that make it to 70 or 80 years old?

Mr. Chawner -What we get barely covers the bills and puts food on the table. It’s not our fault we can’t work. We deserve more.

hahahaha. They’re right it’s not their fault, it’s everyone else’s. We should pay them more. Only those energetic, skinny, active people should have to work for extra money. /sarcasm.

Emma, said: I’m a student and don’t have time to exercise. We all want to lose weight to stop the abuse we get in the street, but we don’t know how.

Obviously, she knows how to lose weight but refuses to act on the situation. I can’t see how being a student would make it impossible to excercise. There are many students I know that can pull of working a full time job w/ overtime and still being able to balance school, family, and life in general.

Aaaaand… if they want to stop the abuse on the street, they probably shouldn’t let themselves be in a newspaper article where people can put a face to a name.

I guess some people really have no pride in themselves or shame. What a shock.

One of them is training to be a hairdresser… What the fuck is the point of that? If you’re too goddamn fat to work, then what’s the point of training for anything? Yeah, she can’t even handle a sit down job now, but she’s training for a career where she can stand all day cutting people’s hair.

Jesus fucking christ, just the fact that she can go to school should prove that she has the ability to work. This makes me more and more disgusted as I think about it.

[quote]beachguy498 wrote:
I saw an article in the NY Times a while ago regarding the burden that obesity puts on the health care system.

Since it is linked to diseases like diabetes, the hospitals are overwhelmed with people that are unable to pay, but can’t be turned away for treatment. Medicare picks up some of it, but not enough to make a difference.

I’m fairly fat tolerant and cut people some slack if they’re contributors to society. The reality is, how many 350 and 400 lb people do you see that make it to 70 or 80 years old?[/quote]

Like I said before … all useless fat people should be hunted for game. Shit, just useless people, but lets stick to the subject at hand.

I’m with you in that I don’t have a problem with people who’s abilities support their needs (i.e. productive fat people who are able to support themselves and their needs) … but those who mooch off the system are a burden.

The government seems to be supporting this type of behavior by giving these handouts and in doing so, these people become dependent of the government to the point where they don’t know how to do anything else. It’s disgusting and it’s perpetuated by the legislators who are voted into office by these people because they offer these handouts in their campaigns.

I agree that a lot of the problem lies in education. A lot of the funds that could help the situation and create a more self-sufficient society is diverted into “social programs” designed to make people rely heavily on the elected government rather than their own ingenuity and determination.

Alright, I’m done ranting, I’m going to rip a stop sign out of the ground…I’m fired up

[quote]polo77j wrote:
Alright, I’m done ranting, I’m going to rip a stop sign out of the ground…I’m fired up
[/quote]

Seeing as I’m working all day, go pull one up for me too. This kind of shit makes me want to kill a fat person.

[quote]Roual wrote:
polo77j wrote:

Seeing as I’m working all day, go pull one up for me too. This kind of shit makes me want to kill a fat person.[/quote]

You got it, brutha

[quote]Roual wrote:
polo77j wrote:

Seeing as I’m working all day, go pull one up for me too. This kind of shit makes me want to kill a fat person.[/quote]

You got it, brutha

[quote]jchenky wrote:

We make it too easy for people who have no pride in themselves and are too lazy or afraid of failure to get off their fat lazy asses and make this world better for themselves and, subsequently, the majority of people around them.

Yes, we do make it too easy. Can you imagine the controversy if something was put into place to stop obesity and laziness etc?

These people make up any excuse in the world.
I work with a woman who is extremely obese and she complains that she has to walk up a set of stairs to go to the washroom. Next thing we know it will be “normal” for these fat asses to be shitting at their desks or at home while watching a movie because manufacturers will be making daipers big enough to “make their lives easier”.

I’m appalled and disgusted.

[/quote]

You know, I share a similar opinion with just about all of my friends, and they say I’m an asshole for it, but I mean it’s fucking true. Man the fuck up and lose some weight, I hate all these “Proud to be fat” people. When the fuck is the next step in evolution supposed to occur

The problem is that this process has already begun. People have found this comfort level with being not just fat, being ridiculously infested with pure lard with no desire to move other than to and from the fridge. Their idea of a bicep curl is bringing the fork to their mouths for yet more destruction. It will only get worse, as this generation of children are expected not to outlive their parents.