Subs Needed for Power Clean and Lying Leg Curl

I’d like to start the Hard Body Training for Women program.

1. Is there any acceptable sub for a Power Clean? I’ve never done them and
    I don’t have any faith in the “trainers” at my gym to teach me
    anything.

2. Best sub for lying leg curl if you don’t have that machine?

Thank you!

Hi, if can give my advice!

First, power clean are not so hard to learn , try by yourself!

Second, any kind of knee-flexion exercise will do the job!

I’m just concerned about form and if not doing them properly, hurting myself or not reaping the benefits of the exercise.

My fiancee struggled with power cleans due to her lack of wrist mobility. She’s now doing high pulls and it’s going well

Hey - when are you starting it? I’m starting mine on Monday, figuring out my 1RM tomorrow… very excited!!

It’s like all start light, learn and dominate!

I spent 1 hour practicing all the major lifts today with a pole and then weight and increasing the weight… Slowly, slowly you will be able to manage it :slight_smile:

That’s a good point too. I struggle with front squats with elbows out because of my wrists. I have to use the arms crossed way. I’ll check out the high pulls! Thanks! :smiley:

I’m going to start on 5/16, I think. I’m finishing up another week & 1/2 of another program. I’m excited too! And a little scared! :blush:

That’s a true. Maybe I’ll just try out the movement and see how it goes. If I’m not comfortable with it, I can try the High Pull as suggested. Thank you!

Not christian but you could also use a GHR if you have one or use a partner to assist you if you work out with someone else.

Also if your gym has heavy kettle-bells these are a great ham/posterior chain movement. I did the Dan Johns 10,000 kettlebell swing challenge and my hamstrings and glutes have never been this big and I feel more explosive to!

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Of course nobody has know by the first time how to clean perfectly but with practice it’s will became a walk in the park!
The high pull is basically the hardest part of the clean/snatch so if you master this , i would bet that the clean too!
Your welcome!

Can I just ask what kind of weight you will be using for the pump days? I don’t want to over do it on the weight, but neither under do it that I dont get enough of a pump…

So, on the pump days, the reps are higher. So, you aren’t going heavy. But, you want enough weight that’s it’s still a challenge to complete all the reps.

Here’s a paste from Christian’s post:

The goal is to be able to do all the work sets with the upper limit of the range (8 in our example) with the same weight. When you’re able to do that, you increase the weight at your next session. If you can’t get 8 reps for all of your work sets, that’s fine, but it means that you’ll keep the same weight during next week’s workout.