Stupidest Quotes About Training

[quote]mr popular wrote:
300: I was wondering that as well…[/quote]

nm

I can’t use heavy weights because I tend to get too big really quickly.

I heard squats are bad for your knees, so instead I do a lot of leg extensions.

Those protein shakes won’t give me cancer will they?

I’m sure I eat enough protein… and I always take my cel-tech

I hardly eat anything, and I do a ton of cardio, why can’t I lose weight?!

S

[quote]trextacy wrote:
mr popular wrote:
300: I was wondering that as well…

It takes lots of drugs to get to professional BB level physique. People throw out training programs based on the notion that it’s the program that will get you big, when the chemical component is huge.

I happen to believe (very strongly) that high volume splits of the pros work particularly well when drugs are present. Naturals have to manage fatigue and volume much more and wait a lot longer for results.

The other reason is that I believe for 80% of people, getting stronger within a rep range is better than volume for volume’s sake-- most pro routines are volume for volume’s sake.

I don’t expect you to agree with me, but I think that “training like the pros” is horrible advice for anyone who is (a) natural or (b) is not approaching elite status. It’s stupid because it isn’t true for the vast majority of people.[/quote]

facepalm

[quote]trextacy wrote:
mr popular wrote:
300: I was wondering that as well…

nm[/quote]

Or, perhaps your understanding of how the Pros actually get big, and/or train is incorrect and has been twisted by reading too many articles.

Along those lines and in keeping with the original idea of this thread, how about:

“If you want to get really big and muscular, don’t do what the big muscular people do. Why would you want to model the behavior of other successful people? Instead, try [insert fad workout of the month] which has never produced any noteable physiques, but has lots of twenty dollar words in the explanation, and will require a scientific calculator, stop watch, and metronome for you to complete; so it must work.”

“I want to start toning up with cardio before I lift weights since that will make me fatter”- said by a guy in my dorm who weighs 250 pounds or so none of which are muscle

“Why do you take that steroid protein powder?”

Apparently steroids now come in Mint Chocolate flavor…

[quote]300andabove wrote:
trextacy wrote:
“If you want to look like a professional bodybuilder you have to train like a professional bodybuilder”

???

How is this untrue ?[/quote]

this is actually VERY true.

I thought pro’s did like they do in the videos. Go nuts and kill shit. Chain dips around the neck, 200 lb. DB presses, 600 lb. squats.

Then i worked out with a few. They are really methodical and calculated in their training.

The ONLY exception is legs, i watched a few pro’s kill legs.

Most guys are very content on using as little weight as they can get away with, with strict form, and not much fuss. Smart when you think about it.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Dips will give you big traps

I win[/quote]

I don’t know man. Dips tear the fuck out of my upper back.

[quote]Big Jay wrote:
300andabove wrote:
trextacy wrote:
“If you want to look like a professional bodybuilder you have to train like a professional bodybuilder”

???

How is this untrue ?

I thought pro’s did like they do in the videos. Go nuts and kill shit. Chain dips around the neck, 200 lb. DB presses, 600 lb. squats.

Then i worked out with a few. They are really methodical and calculated in their training.

Most guys are very content on using as little weight as they can get away with, with strict form, and not much fuss. Smart when you think about it.[/quote]

?

I think I’m on the wrong site.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Big Jay wrote:
300andabove wrote:
trextacy wrote:

???

How is this untrue ?

Most guys are very content on using as little weight as they can get away with, with strict form, and not much fuss. Smart when you think about it.

?

I think I’m on the wrong site.[/quote]

Hahaha…i am getting that vibe already.

I asked my neighbor “Hows your training going” good he say’s felt the burn today.I asked him how he trains leg’s,oh he say’s I don’t train leg’s they get enough of a workout at work WALKING. WTF? he’s a plumber. Shake my head walk away.

“what are you doing?”
“weighing myself…?”
“dont weigh yourself now stupid. you just worked out”
“so?”
“so all the blood is rushing to your muscles. you cant get an accurate weight when you’re pumped”
SMH

[quote]HueyLewis wrote:
“what are you doing?”
“weighing myself…?”
“so?”
“so all the blood is rushing to your muscles. you cant get an accurate weight when you’re pumped”
SMH[/quote]

Weighing yourself right after lifting will often give you an incorrect reading…as in, not accurately showing what you weigh when you aren’t sweating out 2lbs of water and dehydrated.

HueyLewis wrote:
“what are you doing?”
“weighing myself…?”
“so?”
SMH

Weighing yourself right after lifting will often give you an incorrect reading…as in, not accurately showing what you weigh when you aren’t sweating out 2lbs of water and dehydrated.[/quote]

we werent talking +/- 2lbs here. i guess you had to be there…

?

I think I’m on the wrong site.[/quote]

You’re just NOW coming to that conclusion!?!?!

I am going to start running because I want to get ripped.

[quote]elusive wrote:
pro-a-ggression wrote:
‘i dont lift heavy cos i dont wanna get to big’

This one annoys the shit outta me. I have a friend thats been lifting on and off for a few years and never does sets under 15-20 reps. Says he doesn’t want to lift too heavy, because he doesn’t want to get too big. !!! How fucking insulting is that?

I lift heavy, because I’m TRYING to get big and he makes it like, if he touched a heavy weight by accident he’ll wake up tomorrow morning HUGE!! OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE?! NOW I’M TOO BIG!! Growing large is a very slow, grueling process and he acts as if it as simple as lifting heavy only once… Sorry for the rant.[/quote]

It’s not insulting at all. People on here need to chill the fuck out about how ignorant everybody who doesn’t lift is. Yeah, your friend’s perception is skewed, but you seem genuinely pissed here that he doesn’t share your goals.

[quote]SSC wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
Dips will give you big traps

I win

I don’t know man. Dips tear the fuck out of my upper back.[/quote]

LOL??

“Whey protein just turns to fat if you don’t work out.”

“Am I getting tired in the afternoon because I am lacking in dietry sugar?”