Stupider Than Squat Rack Curls!

I was at my university gym a while ago and saw somthing that blew my mind…The varsity sports teams have bumper plates and once in a blue moon they forget to put them away in the bowels of the gym where I cant find them. Well this time they left them out for a whole week, I was thrilled untill I saw someone search them out to put them on the smith machine!!!
That is a new level of ignorance.

classic !

there’s a guy a my gym who likes to squat on the oly platform. no big deal there but he brings over all the iron-plates from the squat rack to do it, presumably because his pea-brain is too dense to read the giant kg/lb conversion chart on the wall.

i’d say this qualifies as “stupider than squat rack curls” because not only can you not use the oly platform while he’s on it, you can’t use the squat rack either cause he’s got all the cookies !

My condolences to the both of you.

[quote]swivel wrote:
classic !

there’s a guy a my gym who likes to squat on the oly platform. no big deal there but he brings over all the iron-plates from the squat rack to do it, presumably because his pea-brain is too dense to read the giant kg/lb conversion chart on the wall.

i’d say this qualifies as “stupider than squat rack curls” because not only can you not use the oly platform while he’s on it, you can’t use the squat rack either cause he’s got all the cookies ! [/quote]

This one gets my vote for single-handedly disabling 2 of the most sacred spots in a gym.

[quote]Ipsum wrote:
swivel wrote:
classic !

i’d say this qualifies as “stupider than squat rack curls” because not only can you not use the oly platform while he’s on it, you can’t use the squat rack either cause he’s got all the cookies !

This one gets my vote for single-handedly disabling 2 of the most sacred spots in a gym.[/quote]

You should consider yourself lucky you have an oly plat or bumpers. I would stab someone for a plat and bumpers in my uni gym. Course if i bail the iron weights then who really cares, I doubt they will break on the rubber floor.

-chris

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
You should consider yourself lucky you have an oly plat or bumpers. I would stab someone for a plat and bumpers in my uni gym. Course if i bail the iron weights then who really cares, I doubt they will break on the rubber floor.

-chris[/quote]

At my Uni gym there are signs posted to remind you that Oly lifting is prohibited.

That’s probably one of the reasons most lifters there suck.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
realpeanutbutter wrote:

-chris

At my Uni gym there are signs posted to remind you that Oly lifting is prohibited.

That’s probably one of the reasons most lifters there suck.[/quote]

Just do it anyway.
It’s not like anyone who works at a gym knows what Oly lifting is.

Well im sitting in my squat rack doing squats, and this guy comes up and asks ‘How many sets left?’ Now i have a couple left so i offer him to work in with me, and he responds that he wants to do something else. Immediately my mind goes to ‘squat rack curls,’ but i figure i will give him the benefit of the doubt. I ask…he responds…

‘I want to do chins!’

i uh… confess to doing chins in the squat rack because it’s got the fat grip chin bar…

I can’t describe this as funny as it was when it happened, but please know that everybody body in the gym froze and stared at this guy like someone pressed pause on a remote.

Some dork thought he was cool in the weight room decided that he was going to lay down on the bench nice and smooth. So with the 135 on the bench he decides that while holding the bar he was going to jump through the small space between the bar and the bench and land on his back and start benching. He gets half way under… the bench flips straight up in the air, the weight crashes over his neck, legs straddled the bench, and his friend stares looking like he wishes everybody knew that he wasn’t with this guy.

[quote]nik351 wrote:

‘I want to do chins!’

[/quote]

The power rack is the only good place to do chins in my gym. No big deal to let someone do some chin-ups or pull-ups while you’re resting between sets.

[quote]christine wrote:
nik351 wrote:

‘I want to do chins!’

The power rack is the only good place to do chins in my gym. No big deal to let someone do some chin-ups or pull-ups while you’re resting between sets.
[/quote]

same as with my gym.

Our gym actually has a fat pullup bar on the wall…but it’s blocked by one of the squat cages.

[quote]Kagemusha wrote:
I was at my university gym a while ago and saw somthing that blew my mind…The varsity sports teams have bumper plates and once in a blue moon they forget to put them away in the bowels of the gym where I cant find them. Well this time they left them out for a whole week, I was thrilled untill I saw someone search them out to put them on the smith machine!!!
That is a new level of ignorance. [/quote]

That is an everyday occurence at my gym. I have even seen people use clips/collars with bumper plates on the smith machine.

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
I can’t describe this as funny as it was when it happened, but please know that everybody body in the gym froze and stared at this guy like someone pressed pause on a remote.

Some dork thought he was cool in the weight room decided that he was going to lay down on the bench nice and smooth. So with the 135 on the bench he decides that while holding the bar he was going to jump through the small space between the bar and the bench and land on his back and start benching. He gets half way under… the bench flips straight up in the air, the weight crashes over his neck, legs straddled the bench, and his friend stares looking like he wishes everybody knew that he wasn’t with this guy.[/quote]

LMFAO!

insane…

what’s next doing a cork to get under the bar in the squat rack?

[quote]nik351 wrote:
Well im sitting in my squat rack doing squats, and this guy comes up and asks ‘How many sets left?’ Now i have a couple left so i offer him to work in with me, and he responds that he wants to do something else. Immediately my mind goes to ‘squat rack curls,’ but i figure i will give him the benefit of the doubt. I ask…he responds…

‘I want to do chins!’

[/quote]

I’m guilty of doing this, except I hold off for times when I’m pulling up more than the squatter is squatting.

The only place to do chins in my college gym is in the squat/power racks…of course we have about 12 power racks in my gym so tying up one with pullups isn’t really a big deal.

[quote]swivel wrote:
i uh… confess to doing chins in the squat rack because it’s got the fat grip chin bar…[/quote]

I do too, but the racks and the cable machines have the only chin bars in the place.

I saw a guy chalk his hands then put on lifting gloves!!!