Stupid Rules of War

[quote]storey420 wrote:

Wow, just wow. You are truly a scumbag. God help us if you actually wear a uniform for this country. Just because some people used to be able to get away with lynching blacks doesn’t mean that under a war circumstance we should devolve into that kind of reprehensible behavior. It is guys like you that give the American flag and its soldiers a bad rep.[/quote]

i probably would be a pretty good soldier because i would have no sympathy for the enemy and I would leave my emotions at home, except for anger. If an 8 y/o afghan boy was trying to blow us up, I would shoot him in the head, just like i would a 38 y/o man trying to blow us up. Remember, its war, not seeing which one of us can be the nicest.

http://inhofe.senate.gov/pressapp/record.cfm?id=221389

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/05/11/politics/main616896.shtml

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/05/11/inhofe.abuse/index.html

If I was a guard at that prison I wouldve made the muslim prisoners pray to Jesus.

What would happen if clip and nominal prospect were to meet in real life?

[quote]makkun wrote:
And so the slaughter of intelligent debate on PWI continues. The OP’s initial post clearly advocates rape, and that’s why I’ve reported it to the moderators. As ever so often, I don’t expect them to do anything, but hey, there’s hope.

Makkun[/quote]

Try making a joke about Mormons and watch what happens…

(or Push’s “female family members” as it turns out.)

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]makkun wrote:
And so the slaughter of intelligent debate on PWI continues. The OP’s initial post clearly advocates rape, and that’s why I’ve reported it to the moderators. As ever so often, I don’t expect them to do anything, but hey, there’s hope.

Makkun[/quote]

Petze!!![/quote]

Und stolz darauf.

Makkun

[quote]clip11 wrote:

[quote]storey420 wrote:

Wow, just wow. You are truly a scumbag. God help us if you actually wear a uniform for this country. Just because some people used to be able to get away with lynching blacks doesn’t mean that under a war circumstance we should devolve into that kind of reprehensible behavior. It is guys like you that give the American flag and its soldiers a bad rep.[/quote]

i probably would be a pretty good soldier because i would have no sympathy for the enemy and I would leave my emotions at home, except for anger. If an 8 y/o afghan boy was trying to blow us up, I would shoot him in the head, just like i would a 38 y/o man trying to blow us up. Remember, its war, not seeing which one of us can be the nicest.[/quote]

This statement is a complete non-sequitur. Yes, if you saw a threat and had good aim to take out the target that is good soldiering and in this case I agree male, female or child this is an enemy threat and needs to be eliminated. Raping an innocent victim is NOT part of being a good soldier and is behavior that is counter to the ideals of America. Go join a rebel army in the Congo as you are an animal not a man of honor.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:

[…]

[/quote]

What happens then?

Makkun

[quote]storey420 wrote:

[quote]clip11 wrote:

[quote]storey420 wrote:

i probably would be a pretty good soldier because i would have no sympathy for the enemy and I would leave my emotions at home, except for anger. If an 8 y/o afghan boy was trying to blow us up, I would shoot him in the head, just like i would a 38 y/o man trying to blow us up. Remember, its war, not seeing which one of us can be the nicest.[/quote]

This statement is a complete non-sequitur. Yes, if you saw a threat and had good aim to take out the target that is good soldiering and in this case I agree male, female or child this is an enemy threat and needs to be eliminated. Raping an innocent victim is NOT part of being a good soldier and is behavior that is counter to the ideals of America. Go join a rebel army in the Congo as you are an animal not a man of honor.[/quote]

/thread

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
So what you’re condoning is a “Nanking” of Afghanistan.

You’re a piece of work,clip…you are steadily becoming the perfect poster-boy as to why people think Detroit should become a giant crater on the map. But then again…that might be a good thing,since I’ve heard that Detroit is Detroit-istan now.

sorry,Trib(and other respectable residents) [/quote]

I don’t know this guy, but I lived in his hood for a while. This is very disappointing. I will say that “rules of engagement” as currently understood are an absolute self defeating tragedy.

I believe that anything that ACCOMPLISHES THE MISSION in a just war should be a viable option or get out and quit wasting time, money and lives. War is not a sporting event. Rules, in relation to the fighting of a war is a contradiction in terms. Particularly when your enemy laughs at such self limiting self imposed disadvantages. Rape does not in any case contribute to the accomplishment of any righteous mission and the suggestion that US troops should be encouraged to engage in it is depraved in the extreme.

[quote]makkun wrote:

[…]

[/quote]

What happens then?

Makkun[/quote]

Those are the only times I’ve been moderated (or seen moderation for that matter).

[quote]makkun wrote:
And so the slaughter of intelligent debate on PWI continues.[/quote]

It’s been slaughtered for so long we’ve liquefied the horse and turned it into soup. You thought this would change anytime soon? We’re looking for the “puree” setting.

[quote]clip11 wrote:

You would fail the psych evaluation to enter the military. This post and your OP proves it.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]makkun wrote:
And so the slaughter of intelligent debate on PWI continues.[/quote]

It’s been slaughtered for so long we’ve liquefied the horse and turned it into soup. You thought this would change anytime soon? We’re looking for the “puree” setting.[/quote]

I can’t but agree. Even from a marketing point of view - I can’t imagine that letting guys who promote rape like the OP free reign on your property is good business. For a while I was able to argue that the level of debate, the usage of sources and the general range of views especially on PWI made the T-Nation forums one of the best on the web. Not anymore. No wonder many of us old posters are leaving.

Makkun

[quote]makkun wrote:

[…]

[/quote]

What happens then?

Makkun[/quote]

Those are the only times I’ve been moderated (or seen moderation for that matter).[/quote]

I see - I’ve only known the OP to promote violence against women in various forms, having unprotected sex with 16 year olds and hatred of gay people. That obviously doesn’t qualify under those criteria. I assume though it’s more an ad hoc approach to moderation which is to blame, rather than a conscious effort to support the above. I guess this is just the curse of user generated content and not being able to handle the volume.

Makkun

[quote]makkun wrote:

[quote]makkun wrote:

[…]

[/quote]

What happens then?

Makkun[/quote]

Those are the only times I’ve been moderated (or seen moderation for that matter).[/quote]

I see - I’ve only known the OP to promote violence against women in various forms, having unprotected sex with 16 year olds and hatred of gay people. That obviously doesn’t qualify under those criteria. I assume though it’s more an ad hoc approach to moderation which is to blame, rather than a conscious effort to support the above. I guess this is just the curse of user generated content and not being able to handle the volume.

Makkun[/quote]
He only outwardly expresses hatred towards gay people because he is secretly gay and ashamed about it.

[quote]storey420 wrote:

[quote]clip11 wrote:

[quote]storey420 wrote:

This statement is a complete non-sequitur. Yes, if you saw a threat and had good aim to take out the target that is good soldiering and in this case I agree male, female or child this is an enemy threat and needs to be eliminated. Raping an innocent victim is NOT part of being a good soldier and is behavior that is counter to the ideals of America. Go join a rebel army in the Congo as you are an animal not a man of honor.[/quote]

Whatever…i’m not going to argue with you over the internet, you have your opinion I have mine.

I dont see why any american should care what a U.S. troop does to anyone in Afghanistan! So what if some woman over there gets raped she’ll get over it. Personally if i were there, i wouldnt do anything that would get me in trouble, a rules a rule whether I like it or not. But only the fact that I would get in trouble would restrain me.

Why should they ignore the fact that a soldier is putting his life on the line. Doesn’t he get any credit for that? If i saw my fellow troops doing that, i would side with them and cover for them anyday over some afghan.

My attempt at contreversy=WIN!!!

And by the way…anythings fair in love and war