T Nation

stupid question???

I understand about the half-lives of the steroids and everything, but what I don’t understand is why does it take the test so long to enter our system. For instance, I know enanthate’s half life is roughly 2 weeks, but what I don’t understand is after the first injection is done and it’s all absorbed, thats a lot of free test floating around in our system. Why does it take 2 weeks to kick in when there is plenty in our system already for our receptors to respond too. Now feel free to trash me if this is a stupid question to any of you, but I just don’t understand that part.

Sounds like Myth #4 but I could be wrong:

the ester determines the duration of the drug some are short while others are long.i.e.prop vs enanthate.with the longer lasting you dont get as much test at one time.with a shorter ester you get a more concentrated amount but it goes away faster.this is only a comparison of the ratios but 100mg of cypionate =70mg of actual test and 100mgs of enanthate =72mg of actual content.these are just examples so if

“…thats a lot of free test floating around in our system. Why does it take 2 weeks to kick in when there is plenty in our system already for our receptors to respond too…”

Actually, no. There isn’t alot of free test floating around in our systems. You have to take into consideration the time it takes for a chemical to leave the injection site to enter the bloodstream as well. Once that chemical is in circulation, the ester will determine how long it will take before it seperates itself from the chemical, and go back to your androgen receptors. It is only THEN (once the ester seperates itself) that the Test becomes “free” and “floats around” in our system, to the receptors. I hope this helps. Good luck.

the libido effects should start to take place after a week;the muscle building effects take about 2-3 weeks. you will start noticing a difference in your “pump” after about 2 weeks and that will confirm the drug is working. libido enhancement should be noticed in 1-2 weeks;ie, erections when waking up.