T Nation

Stupid Pigs (Cops)!

Some of you are being first rate fucking retards about this one. A majority of states offer the boot camps as an alternative to kids getting more fucked up in a prison environment. It’s tough. It’s intended that way. It is intended to instill self control, discipline, and some semblence of work ethic. And shit happens too. When I was in boot camp, people died too. Asthma, diabetes, etc killed them because the sudden stress brought it out. You can’t predict that kind of shit and lots of people don’t know what the hell it looks like, especially when kids are always trying to feign sickness or injury to skate by with less effort. Quite your fucking crying. Life is unfair. Deal with it.

[quote]djoh615893 wrote:
Some of you are being first rate fucking retards about this one. A majority of states offer the boot camps as an alternative to kids getting more fucked up in a prison environment. It’s tough. It’s intended that way. It is intended to instill self control, discipline, and some semblence of work ethic. And shit happens too. When I was in boot camp, people died too. Asthma, diabetes, etc killed them because the sudden stress brought it out. You can’t predict that kind of shit and lots of people don’t know what the hell it looks like, especially when kids are always trying to feign sickness or injury to skate by with less effort. Quite your fucking crying. Life is unfair. Deal with it.[/quote]

wow, words to live by…might have a different take if it was your son, brother, daughter, sister.

[quote]BRD421 wrote:
I love how four bad cops in Mephis makes all cops bad. How many hundreds or thousands of cops are there in Mephis, you think they will all be great oustanding citizens.

You know there are numerous “doctors of death” however we still seek doctors out when we need help.[/quote]

WTF,maybe if you read my posts I said not all cops are bad,just the ones who think they’re above the law.Also,my post was in response to McNasty 13 describing his run ins with the LAPD as a teenager,not a broad generalization of cops in general.So read my whole post before you start babbeling.

I see all the authoritarians are popping in, when they have no more information than anyone else…

I want to add this in: I wish that administering physical pain were a legal method of law enforcement. Such as: being caught breaking a traffic code involved getting your ass bitch slapped, 1 slap per 10 mph over the posted limit or 5 for running a red light. How about a misdemeanor offense had you being shot with less-lethal munitions? A bean bag round shot from a grenade launcher for being caught stealing a bicycle. Get shoved from a moving car at 45 mph for stealing the fucker. That kind of shit sounds brutal, but some retards don’t understand shit less severe. Some dumbasses STAY on probation for years and years because they can’t associate doing wrong shit with losing privileges within society.

Antique Arab cultures had some stiff control on their populations and as a result people were afraid to commit a petty crime, much less something more severe. If every rapist were castrated or lost their genitals for a rape offense, no one would rape, now would they? That shit sounds scary, as it should. The next time someone commits an indecency or a crime against you, assess how pissed off you are, and ask yourself if the punishment for it would really stop someone from repeating that act.

Withold judgement. However:

  1. A kid died
  2. Its fair to say he took a beating.
  3. Beatings better have a damned good reason. (You might just kill someone)
  4. Because you had it worse or cops get it rough is not a reason to ignore this.
  5. Generally cops are good people, most of us couldnt live in a country without them.

An investigation should be held. Maybe a better autopsy. Statements taken. If the cops were out of order manslaughter should be the charge. The fact that they are cops should not get them any preferential treatment if anything it places a greater responsibility on them.

[quote]djoh615893 wrote:
I want to add this in: I wish that administering physical pain were a legal method of law enforcement. Such as: being caught breaking a traffic code involved getting your ass bitch slapped, 1 slap per 10 mph over the posted limit or 5 for running a red light. How about a misdemeanor offense had you being shot with less-lethal munitions? A bean bag round shot from a grenade launcher for being caught stealing a bicycle. Get shoved from a moving car at 45 mph for stealing the fucker. That kind of shit sounds brutal, but some retards don’t understand shit less severe. Some dumbasses STAY on probation for years and years because they can’t associate doing wrong shit with losing privileges within society.

Antique Arab cultures had some stiff control on their populations and as a result people were afraid to commit a petty crime, much less something more severe. If every rapist were castrated or lost their genitals for a rape offense, no one would rape, now would they? That shit sounds scary, as it should. The next time someone commits an indecency or a crime against you, assess how pissed off you are, and ask yourself if the punishment for it would really stop someone from repeating that act.[/quote]

Spoken like a true Texan.Get a rope.LOL!

[quote]Beatnik wrote:
Withold judgement. However:

  1. A kid died
  2. Its fair to say he took a beating.
  3. Beatings better have a damned good reason. (You might just kill someone)
  4. Because you had it worse or cops get it rough is not a reason to ignore this.
  5. Generally cops are good people, most of us couldnt live in a country without them.

An investigation should be held. Maybe a better autopsy. Statements taken. If the cops were out of order manslaughter should be the charge. The fact that they are cops should not get them any preferential treatment if anything it places a greater responsibility on them.[/quote]

Best and most thought out post in this thread!

[quote]mcnasty13 wrote:
The medical examiner said it was an undiagnosed sickle cell anemia. why not wait till the facts start rollong in [/quote]

fuck these examiners, they(the parents)said that he never showed any signs of sickle cell anemia. with sickle cell you dont just drop dead all of a sudden, it takes painfull years for this disease to kill you.

I love people who talk shit about police and then when they need help there they fuckin’ are kissin’ the police’s ass.

Most officers make only 30-40K/yr. and they put their lives on the line to protect your ungrateful filthy ass. It’s not easy to swear to help somebody who is talking shit behind your back, but that’s what I have to do sometimes, it’s my job.

Could you imagine losing a brother, son, wife who died for protecting people they don’t know? Could you imagine being a cop and being taken away from your family b/c you called to investigate a call for help and you were killed? Do you know how terrifying it is to be in a shootout? If you can relate, then think about that.

Officers aren’t hunters, we are hunted. We are killed out of hate for the uniform, not hate for the individual. You wanna talk shit? I’m a Correctional Officer, do my fucking job.

Have faith that the investigation will find justice for this dead man. If the officers are accountable then they will suffer the consequences. Cops are people. Some people are great, some wishy-washy, some people are peices of shit, like for example how your acting right now.

[quote]Lou Garu wrote:
I love people who talk shit about police and then when they need help there they fuckin’ are kissin’ the police’s ass.

Most officers make only 30-40K/yr. and they put their lives on the line to protect your ungrateful filthy ass. It’s not easy to swear to help somebody who is talking shit behind your back, but that’s what I have to do sometimes, it’s my job.

Could you imagine losing a brother, son, wife who died for protecting people they don’t know? Could you imagine being a cop and being taken away from your family b/c you called to investigate a call for help and you were killed? Do you know how terrifying it is to be in a shootout? If you can relate, then think about that.

Officers aren’t hunters, we are hunted. We are killed out of hate for the uniform, not hate for the individual. You wanna talk shit? I’m a Correctional Officer, do my fucking job.

Have faith that the investigation will find justice for this dead man. If the officers are accountable then they will suffer the consequences. Cops are people. Some people are great, some wishy-washy, some people are peices of shit, like for example how your acting right now.[/quote]

Nobody is saying cops are bad as a whole, well at least I’m not, but thanks for generalizing and assuming. This wasnt a man, this was a 14 year old boy.

And yeah I’m talking shit about cops and when the time is needed I will call them, you know why, its their JOB! Have you ever talked shit about investors? Then dont contribute to your IRA. Please thats one of the most tired excuses I’ve ever read. The pigs in this video are fucking scum plain and simple. Their stress and “having to say goodbye to their family” play no fucking part at what happened here. Its sad that an office like yourself cannot separate the two.

I’m guessing you didnt read the story or watch the video but decided to go off on a tirade and defend these pigs instead. At no point did I say all cops are dirty but you assumed. Way to go officer, call me guilty then ask questions later. Scary trend…

And remember, this was one 14 year old skinny kid in a boot camp vs 8 officers who kept dangling him like a marionette when he clearly needed help. The slammed him face first into the ground at full force then jumped on his back and face. Lets not forget the pig that was punching his arm as he was motionlessly being dangled. Real tough and life threatening. Yeah this poor kid was a threat to them. Fucking punks!

And no I dont have faith the investigation will work its way out. It already looks tainted and the shit his family is going to have to go through now to get “justice” is going to be a long and painful one.

I think the thread starter should be moved to Mexico. Those guys were “boot camp staffers”, not your run of the mill street cop, who sacrafices so much to keep your dumbass safe a night.

You should really concider living in mexico, pal. I hear there is very little policing down there. So when you get kidnapped and have your dick cut off, no one will interupt the fun, fucking moron.

Withhold judgement?The kid got jumped by 8 cops.Whats wrong with showing outrage at the cops responsible,or showing empathy for the poor kid and his family?And I showed no hate for ALL cops,just the ones who are criminals their damn selfs.

Yes,its sad what most cops go thru,they are hunted,but because I got pissed at this video and the rotten cops,I’m worse than Ice-T’s song Cop Killa.And it’s a fact,the Memphis PD is about as crooked as the NOPD,scandals have hit this force from top to bottem the past 15 years or so.

The local news did an investigation a few years back,and like 5-7% of the force had felonies,ranging from armed robberies to grand theft auto.But because I metioned that,it means I hate all cops.

[quote]BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
mcnasty13 wrote:
The medical examiner said it was an undiagnosed sickle cell anemia. why not wait till the facts start rollong in

fuck these examiners, they(the parents)said that he never showed any signs of sickle cell anemia. with sickle cell you dont just drop dead all of a sudden, it takes painfull years for this disease to kill you. [/quote]

The examiner said he had sickle cell trait, not sickle cell disease. People with sickle cell trait have one gene making HbS (sickle cells) and one gene making HbA (normal). Most people with sickle cell trait have no symptoms or very minor ones, and many are undiagnosed unless they have a blood smear test.

These people can live their whole life without problems (unless subjected to severe boot camp like situations). Sickle cell is primarily seen in african-americans, in fact 7% have sickle cell trait and 1 in 400 have sickle cell disease.

However, there is something called ERD (excercise related death) that was first discovered in the US Military primarily in those with sickle cell trait. The military researchers after studying the deaths of some of those with sickle cell trait concluded…

“These data support the view that preventable unrecognized exertional heat illness is the predominant factor causing exercise-related deaths with sickle cell trait.”

Because of the increased risk of death under boot camp conditions of those with sickle cell trait, and the high prevalence of the trait (7% blacks), the military tests for it. I don’t know their current policy but in the past it did not stop you from entering, but the military took appropriate precuations.

I am with Beatnik on this one, definitely need to investigate. As for bleeding internally, I would like to know exactly what the medical examiner is referring to. I would assume he is referring to sickling…but…

Bottom line, when someone collapses and is minimally responsive, it’s time to rush that person to the hospital.

If you think he is faking, and you do not rush this person to the hospital for that reason or any other, then I assume you are taking responsibility for whatever happens to him.

I would like to know the time difference between when he keeled over and when he was rushed to the hospital.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:

Nobody is saying cops are bad as a whole, well at least I’m not, but thanks for generalizing and assuming. This wasnt a man, this was a 14 year old boy.

And yeah I’m talking shit about cops and when the time is needed I will call them, you know why, its their JOB! Have you ever talked shit about investors? Then dont contribute to your IRA. Please thats one of the most tired excuses I’ve ever read. The pigs in this video are fucking scum plain and simple. Their stress and “having to say goodbye to their family” play no fucking part at what happened here. Its sad that an office like yourself cannot separate the two.

I’m guessing you didnt read the story or watch the video but decided to go off on a tirade and defend these pigs instead. At no point did I say all cops are dirty but you assumed. Way to go officer, call me guilty then ask questions later. Scary trend…

And remember, this was one 14 year old skinny kid in a boot camp vs 8 officers who kept dangling him like a marionette when he clearly needed help. The slammed him face first into the ground at full force then jumped on his back and face. Lets not forget the pig that was punching his arm as he was motionlessly being dangled. Real tough and life threatening. Yeah this poor kid was a threat to them. Fucking punks!

And no I dont have faith the investigation will work its way out. It already looks tainted and the shit his family is going to have to go through now to get “justice” is going to be a long and painful one.[/quote]

Yeah I did the the report and video btw, its very vague, let the whole story get through.

And even if it is their job to step into the line of fire that doesn’t make it any less brave or trivial. If a soldier gets killed in war would you say “yeah well that’s what he’s there for”? That’s an ignorant statement.

I’m not wasting my time here, just go ahead and get the last word to make yourself feel good see y’all on a better more positive post.

[quote]Yeah I did the the report and video btw, its very vague, let the whole story get through.

And even if it is their job to step into the line of fire that doesn’t make it any less brave or trivial. If a soldier gets killed in war would you say “yeah well that’s what he’s there for”? That’s an ignorant statement. [/quote]

Well, perhaps you should watch the news, where they are able to expand and highlight the activities taking place.

I love how the perpetrator is always at fault… he was resisting… yeah, while unconscious!

I’d suggest that if the police weren’t so busy abusing their authority that less people would resent them for it.

Go figure.

[quote]BrwnbellyYankee wrote:
mcnasty13 wrote:
The medical examiner said it was an undiagnosed sickle cell anemia. why not wait till the facts start rollong in

fuck these examiners, they(the parents)said that he never showed any signs of sickle cell anemia. with sickle cell you dont just drop dead all of a sudden, it takes painfull years for this disease to kill you. [/quote]

Fuck the parents too. They raised the kid so poorly he ended up in a place like that.

They probably would lie their ass off because they want a big cash settlement.

If the cops or whatever they were stepped over the line they should be punished severely.

[quote]bj666 wrote:
ok he’s driving illegally, what if he killed someone, is it still just joyriding? I think if anything alot of the punishment people get is too light.
Also you don’t know what happened before the camera started rolling.[/quote]

What he was there for doesn’t matter at all. If it was an abuse of power and mistake on the cops, they should pay for it. I don’t know that it was. The investigation will hopefully determine that.

Well, I watched the video and quite frankly it was hard to tell what was going on. At first it looked very bad for the officers, but I can not make a decision yet.

A long time ago, at military school, one of my buddies was completely smoked. The heat exaustion combined with no sleep made him completely loopy. At one point the cadre tell him to stop and drink some water.

He flips out thinking they are making him stop the event, which would have meant removal from the course. He hits the cadre with the butt of his rifle and starts trying to run (I’m not sure where he was going). Another cadre jumps in and grabs the rifle, and my buddy starts biting, kicking, and punching. He fought until he passed out. When he did they gave him two IV’s on the spot and brought him to the hospital.

I’m not saying that’s anything like what happened here, just saying things sometimes aren’t what they seem.

I wonder how long it took for the kid to get proper medical care and if the nurse had already notified EMS as this was being filmed? That would probably make the difference in the investigation. I think it would be ok to forcably restrain someone like that to get them to medical care, but not for much else.

[quote]bj666 wrote:
Have you ever tried to pick someone up who’s body is limp, arms and legs do dangle and it’s awkward. I’m sure they weren’t doing stuff just to be badasses because they had to know they were being video taped. You don’t really know what was going on because you weren’t there.[/quote]

No, I wasnt there. Were you?

And yes I have tried to help someone up when they’re limp. No its not easy, but I’m saying they should have gotten medical help IMMEADIATELY, not try to pick him up again and again until they figured “ok, this kid isnt going to somehow gain back his energy (from absolutely nothing), we should get him help now.”

They should have realized they pushed him way too far the first time he fainted. I realize its a boot camp and they’re trained to be tough and they probably have people faint on a daily basis, but thats the point where you need to dish out medical help instead of more pain.

Its clear these guys werent in the best interest of this kid.